Texas vs Texas State Midweek Series

Horny Bull

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Call me an old fart, because I am, but I am not fond of the various choreographed moves when a batter reaches 2nd, either side.

To use their terminology it’s fucking cringe as all fuck.  So are the straight brimmed ball caps.

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, texastroubadour said:

I’m kinda hating the TSt fan base

They suck. A couple years ago they were all over our section but spent damn near the whole game standing in the aisles. 
Then got into with a long time season ticket holder because he had the audacity to ask them if them to stand in front of their seat if they wanted to stand all game.

22 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Call me an old fart, because I am, but I am not fond of the various choreographed moves when a batter reaches 2nd, either side.

Yep, it's Shit. Outlaw it.

They do it so that if they make the regionals/super-regionals/CWS they can do it for the ESPN/Sportscenter hoopla and claim they were doing all season (so they only do it for months so they can do it in the playoffs).

It's CRINGE, and I remember in '86 when Astros reliever Charlie Kerfeld, after making batters hit weak grounders to the mound, would field the grounders and used to point at the batters and talk shit before tossing the ball to first.

But since the weak NCAA won't even get rid of the fucking multiple Vandy whistlers, I don't expect this cringe second-base shit to end.

Maybe it'll end when there's a half-dozen bench-clearing brawls in a short time as a result of it-- won't that be something to see!  Lulz.

4 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Yep, it's Shit. Outlaw it.

They do it so that if they make the regionals/super-regionals/CWS they can do it for the ESPN/Sportscenter hoopla and claim they were doing all season (so they only do it for months so they can do it in the playoffs).

It's CRINGE, and I remember in '86 when Astros reliever Charlie Kerfeld, after making batters hit weak grounders to the mound, would field the grounders and used to point at the batters and talk shit before tossing the ball to first.

But since the weak NCAA won't even get rid of the fucking multiple Vandy whistlers, I don't expect this cringe second-base shit to end.

Maybe it'll end when there's a half-dozen bench-clearing brawls in a short time as a result of it-- won't that be something to see!  Lulz.

Celebrating xbh and energizing the dugout is objectively good. The idea that this is some new thing that has the potential to start fights is udderly regarded

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Celebrating xbh and energizing the dugout is objectively good. The idea that this is some new thing that has the potential to start fights is udderly regarded

Any team that would get in a fight over that shit is soft in the head 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

It's not new; I never said it was new.

I've already seen shortstops and 2nd-basemen try to stop it even in past years, so it's only a matter of time.