Custom Fire Pit

There was a guy at the old place who had a laser cutter that did some custom fire pits and other things. Anyone know if he is still around? He was in Houston, but I think he moved. I know a few of you guys bought from him, and I am in the market for a new pit. Anyone else you know of in the Austin area that can do this at a reasonable price?

I bought one from him also.  He was a great guy to work with.  You might check with local high schools and their 4H/shop departments.  They are always looking for projects, especially one that will get them some money.  I know the local high school has the equipment to custom cut the designs for the sides.

• 2 years later...

Not a custom fire pit, but I’d say a Breeo is worth it if... you can catch it on sale. I’d check your local grill shops. I bought a Breeo 24 Ablaze from Texas Grill Shop in Houston. $500 with a lid. $120 discount with a complimentary lid.

If you buy directly from the manufacturer, $600 for a 24 and another $100 for a lid. And oh yeah, 21 days for shipping. 

It’s not entirely smokeless, but much less smoke than a typical fire pit. When the fire is humming it is pretty smokeless, but when the fire dies down there is some smoke. 

D3141240-1719-4E66-8D84-770C8FEF6D6C.thumb.jpeg.c3dbbf8fb66628f8db71a9cc30186e82.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

Another mention for Hendrickson High School shop class. My nephew learned to weld there a few years ago and they sold these in various sizes for a fundraiser. Mine is 3’ x 3 which is a lot bigger than it sounds. Pretty basic but I love it.
698eb1fde8205ec2bf7ce781b512aa83.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, williemackgarza said:

Anyone find a local shop class high school near austin selling pits Id take another

I'd look for schools that have a BBQ team. A lot of those schools build their own pits as part of the experience.These folks can probably put you in touch with a school that competes in your area:

https://texashsbbq.org/

• 2 years later...

if anyone wants cedar logs, 4' long, 6-8" diameter, to burn in an outdoor fireplace, i know where 30 of them are stacked in a pile at the curb in a street off 360

NEVER BURN CEDAR INDOORS it is high heat because of the oil in the wood

NEVER USE CEDAR TO COOK OR BBQ EVEN OFFSET it's not worth the cleanup for the taste - tremendous amounts of ash and only marginal flavor

this is for someone with an OUTDOOR firepit WELL AWAY from anything else that can burn

i will want to see a pic of your firepit setup before i will share the location

the city could show up at any time and haul them away as part of the cleanup

all that said, i've seen 5 of these stacked like a teepee and wired together and the "campfire" effect is amazing

OUTSIDE and WELL AWAY from anything else that will burn