Deadwood

BNB

Hell yeah. Finally a movie! Next spring even.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2018/tv/news/deadwood-movie-hbo-1202883965/amp/

HBO is officially moving forward with the “Deadwood” movie. The announcement was made by HBOprogramming president Casey Bloys at the TCA summer press tour on Wednesday.

“All of these people worked hard to get this together,” Bloys said. “It’s been a logistics nightmare getting all the cast members’ schedules together, but we are there. It is greenlit.”

Bloys also said the movie is currently scheduled to begin shooting in October for a spring 2019 air date, but added that the date is not “set in stone.”

This is not the first time Bloys had been questioned about the potential movie. Just last year, he praised the script he got for the film from series creator David Milch.

“I wanted a script that would stand on its own … I’m happy to say that David totally delivered on that. It’s a terrific script,” Bloys said at the time.

Fans of the HBO series have been clamoring for more stories set in the “Deadwood” world ever since the series ended in 2006. The drama ran for three seasons and 36 episodes, with many critics regarding it as one of the best television series of all time. The show picked up 28 Emmy Award nominations during its run, ultimately winning eight.

The show took place in the 1870s in Deadwood, S.D., and charted the titular community’s growth from a camp to a town. The large ensemble cast included actors Ian McShane, Timothy Olyphant, Molly Parker, and John Hawkes.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

It's definitely got one of the best opening sequences of all time.

Watching the wild mustang disappear as humans encroach the territory to build a town and start mining gold was beautifully symbolized.

And to this day I marvel at the Homestake Mine.

They started digging there in 1876.  The mine closed in 2002.  Two thousand fucking two.  Started before the invention of the automobile or airplane and by the time it closed we'd walked on the moon, sent probes to Mars and other planets, we had handheld devices that enabled us to speak instantly with someone anywhere on the planet.

They took over 40million ounces of gold out of the ground there.  That must've been a hell of a meteorite shower.

Edited by Augustus