Thread about B1G time stuff in the midwest...

kopp0e

Paying close attention to this conference as Nebraska left the XII to join, before the conference was able to regroup as a stronger league adding WVU & TCU...

When the Huskers left Dr. Osborne stated there was no animosity between NU & UT, as seen in this clip:

Jesus Christ Koppoe, how many threads do you need to start spreading your anti-B1G rants to? You used to be a manageable poster on LT/DB, but you're rapidly becoming as paid as the paid trolls. Keep it to the realignment thread.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

I don't know what is going on in Michigan, but some of the neighborhoods are falling into disrepair, I mention this as eventually it might affect fan turn out for local games...

Remind me which Big 10 games are played in Detroit, again?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Jesus Christ Koppoe, how many threads do you need to start spreading your anti-B1G rants to? You used to be a manageable poster on LT/DB, but you're rapidly becoming as paid as the paid trolls. Keep it to the realignment thread.

I don't have an anti-B1G slant... And this is to encompass all things of the B1G, as posted upthread about the top games in conference this fall...

7 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Remind me which Big 10 games are played in Detroit, again?

Welp, just pointing out that demographics could be effected long term, but hopefully there is a rectification on the issue of urban flight in the region...

harbaugh has gone 10-3 10-3 and 8-4, but 1-5 against the States (MI/OH), and winless on the road against the top 25.  sounds familiar.  he has to win this year.  3rd place in the division is not going to work in year 4, even if he is a michigan man.  the schedule is favorable EXCEPT both MIstate and OHstate are on the road.  but if they can get an opening night road win over domer, they can build momentum for the next 7 weeks before the bus trip to lansing.  in fact, meatchicken's 3 longest roadies are piscataway, evanston and columbus.  that's an SEC-ready travel schedule.  beat domer, and there is no reason they don't get to columbus undefeated.  lose to domer, they can still get to columbus with one loss.  but regardless, it's win now at the big house.

3 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

harbaugh has gone 10-3 10-3 and 8-4, but 1-5 against the States (MI/OH), and winless on the road against the top 25.  sounds familiar.  he has to win this year.  3rd place in the division is not going to work in year 4, even if he is a michigan man.  the schedule is favorable EXCEPT both MIstate and OHstate are on the road.  but if they can get an opening night road win over domer, they can build momentum for the next 7 weeks before the bus trip to lansing.  in fact, meatchicken's 3 longest roadies are piscataway, evanston and columbus.  that's an SEC-ready travel schedule.  beat domer, and there is no reason they don't get to columbus undefeated.  lose to domer, they can still get to columbus with one loss.  but regardless, it's win now at the big house.

Uh, if MSU and OSU are both on the road, the schedule is not favorable. They’ll top out at 10-2 if they’re lucky. 9-3 is probably more realistic. Nothing wrong with that but they’ll be third again.

57 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Interesting snippet:

Nebraska

"I read somewhere this winter that Nebraska hasn’t won a conference title since 1999. Think about that. The game has changed so much, and Nebraska hasn’t changed with it."

"That’s why I think Scott Frost will have success there that everyone post-Tom (Osborne) hasn’t had: He knows that program, and he is part of the new breed of college football. He’s going to run that wide-open Oregon offense, and he’s going to recruit his tail off. If it doesn’t happen this time around with Frost, I don’t know when it ever will again."

• Like 1

On 7/29/2018 at 12:53 PM, kopp0e said:

I don't have an anti-B1G slant... And this is to encompass all things of the B1G, as posted upthread about the top games in conference this fall...

Welp, just pointing out that demographics could be effected long term, but hopefully there is a rectification on the issue of urban flight in the region...

affected

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Is this where I stop by to say, Fuck State Pen and their Nambly Lions from Crappy Valley?

Well, Biggie did put that in a rhyme once, for what it's worth:

Puff Daddy - "It's All About The Benjamins" (Rock Remix I)

Lyrics
 And I'm livin' that for life, we push weight 
Fuck the state pen, fuck hoes at Penn State 
Listen close, it's Francis, the Praying Mantis 
Attack with the MAC, my left hand spit More

Edited by kopp0e

49 minutes ago, trza-hawk said:

I think this is the year that Love Smith finally gets things together and turns the Fighting Illini into Division Champions!

Probably more likely for newcomer Scott Frost to do than than Lovie, but anything is possible when everyone is still undefeated...

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, trza-hawk said:

A devastating blow the the championship hopes of the Fighting Illini, Mike Dudek is injured and out for the season.

You mean as in "championship hopes", as in the champs of the state of Illinois, over Northwestern, right..?

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Parliament said:

The line is 3.5 points. Take Ohio State in that bet. And take the over. Our linebackers are terrible.

For the first time in forever there aren’t great linebackers on both sides in this one. 

What a difference a decade makes. 2008 they played one of most conservatively called games I’ve ever seen with two great defenses. This year they are ranked 2 & 3 in points scored and have mediocre at best defenses.