worm crawls out of woman's dinner entree

Gil Bang

5 minutes ago, huge said:

I guess I don't get the point of posting it online.  Other than to shame and humiliate the restaurant.

He could have posted the video and relayed the experience without mentioning the name of the restaurant. 

However, any restaurant that serves food with parasites should probably expect to be outed on social media.  Whining about being outed doesn't help their cause.  Better just to explain what they are doing to fix the issue.

In the mid-90's, I was a busboy and then a waiter at the Outback in the Arboretum. I was working a Sunday shift once and one of the first tables comes in and sits in my section. It was a slooooowww shift. They were a nice couple and we bullshitted for a minute and then they ordered. 

They order their steaks and salads and are happily eating the salads when the guy stands up, and shouts my name at me from across the restaurant, telling me to get over there immediately. I was rolling silverware, passing time. "what in the hell is this lunatic's problem?," I think to myself as I walk over there.

"Tell me, sir, what is that! What is that!!!" The whole restaurant is basically staring at this guy coming unhinged. The dude had finished his salad completely. Left in his bowl was a little wiggling white worm. Because I was a 19 year old moron, I bluntly responded that, well, it looked like a worm to me. "Exactly!," he screamed. They then got up and stormed out of the building. Showed it to the floor manager and he shrugs and says that they serve fresh produce, sometimes a bug's going to be going after the lettuce, and moved on. One of the more bizarre moments of a truly bizarre profession for me.

19 hours ago, closetojumping said:

In the mid-90's, I was a busboy and then a waiter at the Outback in the Arboretum. I was working a Sunday shift once and one of the first tables comes in and sits in my section. It was a slooooowww shift. They were a nice couple and we bullshitted for a minute and then they ordered. 

They order their steaks and salads and are happily eating the salads when the guy stands up, and shouts my name at me from across the restaurant, telling me to get over there immediately. I was rolling silverware, passing time. "what in the hell is this lunatic's problem?," I think to myself as I walk over there.

"Tell me, sir, what is that! What is that!!!" The whole restaurant is basically staring at this guy coming unhinged. The dude had finished his salad completely. Left in his bowl was a little wiggling white worm. Because I was a 19 year old moron, I bluntly responded that, well, it looked like a worm to me. "Exactly!," he screamed. They then got up and stormed out of the building. Showed it to the floor manager and he shrugs and says that they serve fresh produce, sometimes a bug's going to be going after the lettuce, and moved on. One of the more bizarre moments of a truly bizarre profession for me.

What happened to the worm?