All Things Brisket

kevwun

19 hours ago, Lhorn said:

If I learned one thing from cable TV competition BBQ reality shows, it’s a ton of parsley in the box.

Is that like Sharpies in the butt?

On 5/22/2024 at 10:47 AM, jimmyjazz said:

PSA:  the Randall's weekly ad released today shows USDA Prime brisket for $2.97/lb.  (At least in Austin.)

shit, buy 2 of em....

Fuck, I'm cooking chicken and sausages this weekend....well, at least I'll be drunk in Port A...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dcbc said:

Hows the mulch burn in those WSMs?  What do you have on the WSMs?

I read that in Junior's voice.

Mulch is cheaper than post oak, it's on sale for $2/bag at Lowe's.

Cooked 4 butts on the WSMs and eventually pulled those into the oven and started my 6 racks of spares before moving them to the trailer. Sold out of brisket (6), butts, hot dogs (140), it's pop not soda (120), chips (90), and bottled water (140). Had one rack of ribs left over that the wife is going to auction on FB. It was a good night for the PTO but bittersweet for me as it is our last year at the Elementary School. I guess I'll have to see if the HS will take me in for football concessions as my oldest starts there in the fall. 

Maaaan those briskets were on point. Maybe the best I've ever done. I'll have to see if one of the guys got a picture of a slice of the fatty. My buddy who lives in Austin flew in who frequents Interstellar and Stiles Switch, and even he was raving. 

PXL_20240531_234355979.jpg

PXL_20240531_191826878.jpg

PXL_20240531_191552020.jpg

PXL_20240531_140421306.jpg

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2