San Diego State at Stanford

tantric superman

Last years highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t7Bqybn03k

This year:  Stanford's got a proven experience QB (Costello).  Stanford defense a big question.

1/3 full Stanford stadium (Students haven't arrived on campus - school hasn't started, Friday Silicon Valley traffic?  Forget about it.)

Stanford always starts the season pretty rickety.   This could be good.skate.0.gif

Edited by tantric superman
Hmm. Used to automatically imbed the youtubes.

40 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Stanford starting center out of the game.

Center Jesse Burkett and cornerback Alijah Holder are the two starters who will be out. Redshirt freshman Drew Dalman is listed as the starter on the depth chart provided by the Cardinal.

Oh, is you having OL troubles? That’s terrible. 😭

16 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Stanford was completely, eh, last season. I suspect they will be better this year but hasn't QB play been pretty cruddy the past season or so, since Hogan left? So that's an issue.

K.J. Costello is good and is a step up from Chryst and Burns -- not Hogan solid but a gamer and  finished strong.  He's got two great tight end targets (Parkinson, 6' 7, and Kaden Smith 6'5 and wide receiver Arcega-Whiteside (6'3.).  When Love gets going, he dumps it to them.

I love that chagrined redskin. 

When I was an undergrad on homecoming they would let a guy playing an Indian on horseback ride into Stanford stadium to appease the older alums.  The students would boo and the folks on the shady side would cheer.  Then everyone would pull out their Henry Weinhards and watch our defense suck.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tantric superman said:

I think Stanford's offense will hit the ground running with Love, but I think Stanford's defense front last year was held together by a terrific nose tackle who isn't there anymore.  I don't know anything about SDSU, but if they can establish a run game, it could be a problem.

That's pretty much what they do every year.

6 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

San Diego State has won 11, 11, and 10 games the previous 3 seasons. This team is good and it wasn't a fluke they beat Stanford last year. 

Yeah I heard on the radio this week that they were one of seven in FBS with an active streak of at least 3 straight Mack Browns.  They were the last one on the list that would have come to mind for me.

• Like 1