do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

4 minutes ago, patrickdrinksbeer said:

those are the names of hop varietals used in the beer

Murphy, "And the hops.  Ah, the hops.  Barley famine.  Couldn't get a pint anywhere."

Murphy runs into neo-nazi bodyguard's chef-uncle years later, "Hoppy's a little sloppy" 

Another random Jerry memory.  I think most of us have seen him live and he does that cliche Q&A at the end where he pretends to hear questions but just gives the same canned 3-5 answers after every set.  He gets asked what his favorite episode is and he always says, "I love 'em all the same.  They're all my babies."  Does he ever quote anything?  But one time, he said the same prologue, "No, all the little phrases and terms we came up with don't really come up in my real life."  But one time he said, around the time his wife's cookbook for kids came out, "The one thing I catch myself saying to my picky eaters at home isn't a well known line from the show, but I'd put my fork by their mouth and say 'If you're one of us...you'll take a bite'."  Always makes me smile at our own dinner table.   From that same scene obviously. 

And then just a few years ago, I don't know if he's said it other places.  But he's being asked about the show as per usual.  And he does the Newman greeting thing and everybody chuckles.  But it seemed like a genuine pause and he goes into this 2-3 minute introspection (I'm paraphrasing) of "Everybody said the show was about nothing.  And it was.  There's no arc, no growth, no progress of any kind.  But it kind of occurred to me after all this time, there was one big cliff-hanger that goes completely unsaid.  I don't like Newman and he doesn't like me from the very start of the show until the very end.  And it's never explained.  Why do we detest each other so much.  You never see or hear us doing anything cruel or mean to each other.  We say some snarky remarks later on, presumably based on something terrible one or both of us did, but it's not explained.  Everyone else doesn't seem to mind Newman, but Jerry hates him and it's never explained.  And Newman detests Jerry for apparently just living in his building.  so see, the show wasn't about nothing.  It was about two men who hated each other over nothing.  The genius of Larry David ladies and gentlemen.  Good night." 

• Like 1

I forget that he had a handful of noteworthy roles in PCU, Rudy, and Seinfeld.  Then he gets the money to greenlight "Swingers."   

Now he basically co-runs the Star Wars Universe across platforms.  

Not bad for some clown from the Sixties, man! 

If I ran into him today, as much as I love Swingers and Rudy and Star Wars...I'd just pin him in a corner and ask, "Hey, how'd they get that old lady in the walker to fly up into the air like that when George shover her?"  And of invariably, he'd yell, "Man...you and Biff and Futureman...you're hung up on some episode from the 90's man!"  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Well, we know Karl designed/made furniture, rode around in a Ferrari with some douchebag as his driver.  That's the easy one because they say his name like 10x in the episode, and I don't even think he had a single line (although we see him a couple times).  

I'm not gonna look it up yet, because I have a vague recollection of you asking this on the old board when we were talking about the George phone call to Jerry about the Japanese guys stuck in the chest of drawers or hot meal in a proper restaurant or some shit.  But it some vague line of connection where the other Farbman also did something with houses of furniture or design or some shit.  

Yep. At least according to Seinfeldscripts.com.

It was close enough that it fooled me though. Either way, it’s an amazingly astute catch by you as one of our resident true experts in Seinfeldology.

I only knew it because I happened to just watch it. (And it’s a really great episode). I also remember subconsciously having a quizzical reaction. Like Farbman was too familiar but I never put my finger on it.

So, kudos, fellow nerd!

https://www.seinfeldscripts.com/TheChecks.html

Dave Pierce (Carl Farbman)

BRETT: We manufacture it. The original designs are by Karl Farbman.

Elaine and Brett sit on a couch

ELAINE: (as if she knows) Oh, Farbman.

BRETT: You know Farbman?

ELAINE: Mm, love Farbman.  

BRETT: Most people go their whole lives without sitting in a Farbman.

fc4a26b8-5319-42a3-9608-b4ae1714241a_tex

Edited by Biff Tannen
I vote the original is misspelled. Not the quoted text.

This is why Biff is so lethal at Seinfeld trivia.  I'll go toe-to-toe with anyone regarding quotes or denouement wrap-ups in the brilliant stylings of a Mister Larry David.  But fucking Biff over here, he remembers apartment numbers from doors, intersections mentions, tertiary one-off character's last names and places of birth.  He's sick!  Sick, I tell you! 

However, I bet you $20 that sumbitch can't get flounder delivered to his preferred side of the street with all his smart-ass knowledge! 

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

This is why Biff is so lethal at Seinfeld trivia.  I'll go toe-to-toe with anyone regarding quotes or denouement wrap-ups in the brilliant stylings of a Mister Larry David.  But fucking Biff over here, he remembers apartment numbers from doors, intersections mentions, tertiary one-off character's last names and places of birth.  He's sick!  Sick, I tell you! 

However, I bet you $20 that sumbitch can't get flounder delivered to his preferred side of the street with all his smart-ass knowledge! 

Supreme Flounder.  Apartment 1Q

Street itself is boundary!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Race ranks way up there for me.  It has my favorite line of "Santa is not a commie!" and then the entire farce of Jerry racing Duncan, pretending not to know George, Elaine getting her boyfriend blacklisted from Hop Sing's, Kramer and Mickey discussing the ethos of Communism with regard to deli meats.  It's all so good.