do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

I recently finished rewatching Curb Your Enthusiasm, and I have to say, if you are a fan of Seinfeld you really need to watch it. It's such a good follow up to Seinfeld and continues the same kind of characters, odd interactions, social issues analysis and nearly wrapped up storylines that made the original so good. If you don't like the Larry David character, at the very least, spend 3 hours watching season 7 for what is essentially the unofficial Seinfeld reunion show. It's so much fun to watch the actors be themselves, but also have to deal with the shadows of their TV characters chasing them through their careers. Larry David is a comedic genius, and I enjoyed every season of Curb, but being a big Seinfeld fan adds a lot more to it. 11 seasons of greatness is hard to achieve, but CYE does it. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

I recently finished rewatching Curb Your Enthusiasm, and I have to say, if you are a fan of Seinfeld you really need to watch it. It's such a good follow up to Seinfeld and continues the same kind of characters, odd interactions, social issues analysis and nearly wrapped up storylines that made the original so good. If you don't like the Larry David character, at the very least, spend 3 hours watching season 7 for what is essentially the unofficial Seinfeld reunion show. It's so much fun to watch the actors be themselves, but also have to deal with the shadows of their TV characters chasing them through their careers. Larry David is a comedic genius, and I enjoyed every season of Curb, but being a big Seinfeld fan adds a lot more to it. 11 seasons of greatness is hard to achieve, but CYE does it. 

I watched a few episodes and it didn’t feel the same and I was more bored and uncomfortable than entertained. I think it might be that I didn’t think of it until it had several seasons. If I had started from the outset I might like it more. But I was in college and broke as shit, I didn’t have HBO.

59 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I watched a few episodes and it didn’t feel the same and I was more bored and uncomfortable than entertained. I think it might be that I didn’t think of it until it had several seasons. If I had started from the outset I might like it more. But I was in college and broke as shit, I didn’t have HBO.

Give it a shot now, it definitely gets better as you age. A lot of the Larry Davidisms are much more enjoyable the more you personally reach the "old-man-yells-at-clouds" era of your life. 

• Hook 'Em 3

12 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Yeah I’ve gotten through the first three seasons and then fell off a bit. I caught a few random episodes here and there as well, but definitely need to do a full run through.