do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

4 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

George likes bananas!

That might be my favorite George and Estelle scene. Her trying to assist him with the scissors and screwing up gets me every time. 

Don’t hand them to me with the point facing out!

Top 4 answers on the board.  Name your favorite Seinfeld hand-related episode.  

#4:  George's hand-modeling 

#3:  "I have hand!"

#2:  Man-Hands

#1?  I'll leave it y'all to discuss

Fair point.  Could go either way.  I guess in honor of George almost going to podiatry school “nothing wrong with the foot”, I gotta make a ruling here and say it’s not a hand-based episode.  

Solid honorable mention.  It felt too silly even for Kramer when I used to view the episode.   But having watched the Related curb your enthusiasm episode,  I have a new appreciation for the schtick.  

also, I would like a Hand Job from Elaine.  Is that anything?

• Hook 'Em 1

That whole funeral scene kills me to this day.  Elaine trying to go through the motions to peterman proudly proclaiming he had an affair with a fake dead woman, who by the way was his subordinate and a gross violation of catalog policy.  To Jerry confessing he broke Mike’s thumbs.  

it was one of those episodes that some purists bitch about being too over the top.  But I think it was quite clever. 

I was thinking about the post-Larry David seasons that some people like to bitch about and I realized I didn’t start watching the show regularly until probably 1994 or 1995, which was about season 6. Larry left in season 7, so I think maybe I just never really noticed the differences as much as other people. 

Just saw what I think is the first reference to Newman. S2 E7 The Revenge. Never remembered this I guess. George is quitting and trying to unquit his job. Jerry lost $1500 at the laundromat (but not really) and Kramer is talking about Newman, who lives in the building, threatening to jump and kill himself. 
They yell out the window to each other and it is clearly not Wayne Knight. A little thing I never noticed before. 

1 minute ago, Frank The Tank said:

Just saw what I think is the first reference to Newman. S2 E7 The Revenge. Never remembered this I guess. George is quitting and trying to unquit his job. Jerry lost $1500 at the laundromat (but not really) and Kramer is talking about Newman, who lives in the building, threatening to jump and kill himself. 
They yell out the window to each other and it is clearly not Wayne Knight. A little thing I never noticed before. 

Yep. The voice is Larry David. 

• Like 1

Did he at least send pics of her?  What a weird text, "Hey Biff, happy Saturday.  Was gonna get see if you wanted to grab a beer and watch the masters but instead...lemme tell you about a little known novel called 'Tropic of Cancer'.  "

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

Did he at least send pics of her?  What a weird text, "Hey Biff, happy Saturday.  Was gonna get see if you wanted to grab a beer and watch the masters but instead...lemme tell you about a little known novel called 'Tropic of Cancer'.  "

Tropic of Capricorn (heavy New York accent)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WBT said:

What about the kid opening a book right now at the local library finding drawings of pee-pees and wee-wees on the Cat in the Hat and the Five Chinese Brothers?

Apparently, when he adjusts his posture and gestures after that, and says, "Or maybe that's how you get your kicks, Seinfeld"...that made Jerry break the most and they had to reshoot over and over again.  Hall was absolutely incredible in that scene, the cadence and way he walked the room.  I actually have to give Jerry credit there, you could give me 1000 tries and I'd never make it through that scene without falling down laughing.  RIP, PBH, aka 'Bookman'  

5 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Who told you to put the balm on?

csb/ I got this allergy reaction on my leg and was trying all kinda shit.  Finally what's been working is this concoction my wife homemade from natural stuff.  So I'm applying it the other day and I'm laughing at the whole situation like, "Do you even know what a balm is?" in Jackie's voice.  And she walks in and says "O.J. Simpson just died."  It was like I was at the corner of 1st & First...the nexus of the universe.  

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

csb/ I got this allergy reaction on my leg and was trying all kinda shit.  Finally what's been working is this concoction my wife homemade from natural stuff.  So I'm applying it the other day and I'm laughing at the whole situation like, "Do you even know what a balm is?" in Jackie's voice

No one can tell what a balm is gonna do. They’re unpredictable!

• Haha 2