do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

6 hours ago, futureman said:

why?  it’s just the smug bitch saying her name.  how could that bug you. 

Holy. Shit. You just significantly altered my Seinfeld universe. I never realized the line was, "I'm Gladys Mayo."

I have always thought it was her saying, "I'm glad it's Mayo" (as a pun on "I'm glad it's mine.") which I always considered groan-worthy. 

Thank you, sir.  You are a Seinfeld scholar and a gentleman. 

Edited by ohchaucer

2 hours ago, ohchaucer said:

Holy. Shit. You just significantly altered my Seinfeld universe. I never realized the line was, "I'm Gladys Mayo."

I have always thought it was her saying, "I'm glad it's Mayo" (as a pun on "I'm glad it's mine.") which I always considered groan-worthy. 

Thank you, sir.  You are a Seinfeld scholar and a gentleman. 

I am no gentleman. 

Yeah, that was one of Jerry's shining moments of physical comedy (not his strongsuit).  The line wasn't pithy or observational, and barely clever.  But it required timing with the pillow, a pullback of his body, a certain facial expression, and just the right tone of guilt and balleyhoo.  And he nailed it.  

It’s great how he combs his hair down with his hand. And George calls him a “jerkoff” which seems risqué for network tv at that time  

Might be my top episode. The Eckman scene is my favorite of the series. 

Edited by 4th&Five
  • Like 1

SIdenote: I've tried listening to the Seincast podcast and it's unlistenable. The 2 hosts know every bit of Seinfeld trivia you can think of but completely miss the point of some of it's most basic jokes. They also spend about 80% of each podcast talking about a different episode than the one they are supposed to be talking about. Don't waste your time. 

8 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

SIdenote: I've tried listening to the Seincast podcast and it's unlistenable. The 2 hosts know every bit of Seinfeld trivia you can think of but completely miss the point of some of it's most basic jokes. They also spend about 80% of each podcast talking about a different episode than the one they are supposed to be talking about. Don't waste your time. 

Well that's sad.

Yeah, I tried two based on what was suggested on this thread.  I picked the one about my favorite episode and another that was recommended here.  Both were tough to finish.  I respect their passion and ability to connect threads between episodes, but it goes on way too long and their sense of humor isn't really aligned with mine.  Which is fine, but yeah-as said above---probably shouldn't waste your time.  If they could condense the 60+ minutes about each episode down, just via editing, to 15 minutes or so---would be great.  Problem is, they won't.  

seinfeld is a huge part of our lives.  why should we waste time listening to jackwagons who don’t know as much as we do?  I never felt compelled to listen to the podcast and now my instincts have been validated.  we are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. 

• Like 1

Just now, futureman said:

seinfeld is a huge part of our lives.  why should we waste time listening to jackwagons who don’t know as much as we do?  I never felt compelled to listen to the podcast and now my instincts have been validated.  we are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. 

ac1dba37d776da8b4abf520aa827009e.jpg

After the initial laughs of watching it in real time 20 years ago, my true affinity for the show came later in life after I'd lived a very full life.  It's only once you've had relationships, moved around, held different jobs, dealt with all walks of life, and encountered tens of thousands of human beings, can you truly appreciate the intricacies of the writing.  It's at the end of the day you see how an episode from Season 4 actually forecasted what you went through that particular day, does it go from an out loud laugh to just a smirk and moment of karmatic solemnity.  As a recalcitrant misanthrope who is forced to meet hundreds of new people every single month-it's this show and my daughter's smile that get me through the day.  Problem with these podcast guys is their only life experience seems to be recording podcasts.  Oh well, our gem remains and I wish them well.  Back to the quotes...

I have a friend, today would have been his whole life...

11 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

I'm almost done with season 2. They seem to hate the first two seasons which are just fantastic to me and yeah they miss a lot of subtlety that makes the show next level.