do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

Not a quote...but happy Festivus Eve to all of you!

Remember to put out a can of WD-40 under the aluminum pole tonight for you know who...

Edited by Lobo

I wonder if there are any Seinfeld fans who don't know where George's answering machine message came from. I'm watching a rerun of Greatest American Hero on H&I right now. That was maybe the best bad tv show ever made. And the theme song became a radio hit. But the show didn't have much of a following. It was cancelled before the end of the third season. Anyway, just in case you didn't know...

Believe it or not, George isn't at home
Please leave a message at the beep
I must be out or I'd pick up the phone
Where could I be?
Believe it or not, I'm not home!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I wonder if there are any Seinfeld fans who don't know where George's answering machine message came from. I'm watching a rerun of Greatest American Hero on H&I right now. That was maybe the best bad tv show ever made. And the theme song became a radio hit. But the show didn't have much of a following. It was cancelled before the end of the third season. Anyway, just in case you didn't know...

Believe it or not, George isn't at home
Please leave a message at the beep
I must be out or I'd pick up the phone
Where could I be?
Believe it or not, I'm not home!

You know how I know you're a millennial? 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Sorry, I read your post wrong. I was making fun of you because I thought you just figured out where the song came from. I was going to tell you that every male over 40 knows that song well.

Yeah, I watched the pilot of Greatest American Hero when it was first broadcast. I was always a fan of the song, too (the Joey Scarbury version didn't appear until the second episode, part 2 of the pilot). I thought it was hysterical that George used it as his answering machine message. Seinfeld had a lot more viewers than Greatest American Hero ever had. I figure there have to be some people who didn't get that reference. There have to be some who don't know where that emblem comes from when they see it on one of Sheldon's shirts on Big Bang Theory. 

I've also seen some old reruns of Murphy Brown recently. I had forgotten that Murphy constantly replacing weird or incompetent secretaries was a running gag on that show. That makes her line about having a good feeling about Kramer that much funnier. 

On 12/24/2018 at 7:06 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

There's an excellent podcast called Seincast. They break down every single Seinfeld episode ever made. A lot of behind the scenes facts, and interviews with the cast. Pretty interesting. 

Well shit I've got my commute covered for the next month.