Oklahoma State vs. Blue Turf

oSuJeff97

2 minutes ago, Monster said:

Second blocked punt.   This one taken in for a TD.   That's good coaching to see a slow punt play in  the film room and turn it into 14 points during the game.

34-14 OSU.  5 mins to go in the 3rd quarter.

Think Herman and Naivar better be ready on punt team with Texas Frosh Punter.....

OSU defense is much improved, which takes a lot of pressure off the offense/QB.   You don't have to score 60 points, if your defense holds your opponent under 30.

Coaches were very prepared.  Defensive pressure, punt blocks, surprising QB run options...good game plans on offense/defense/special teams.  

Edited by Monster
  • Like 1

OSU defense is much improved, which takes a lot of pressure off the offense/QB.   You don't have to score 60 points, if your defense holds your opponent under 30.
Coaches were very prepared.  Defensive pressure, punt blocks, surprising QB run options...good game plans on offense/defense/special teams.  

Are you new here or did you post on the Shag under a different handle?

I'll be there but I have no confidence we can win the game.  Our offense simply has not looked good.  The numbers are misleading because we were playing teams without a pulse.  Interceptions and bad long passes, letting a few big plays get by with our starting defense, and most concerning is that our offensive line looks mediocre at best.  I think it'll be close and could go either way.  If it's a big margin, I think that means BSU has exposed us and won big.  Oh well, I'll be drinking and I wasn't expecting a whole lot from this season anyway.  So at best these guys come out swinging and win big and I'm super happy, or we lose and I'm happy enjoying good beer. 

This crow is awful tasty. First quarter was dogshit but o-line finally started pushing some people around and Corndog looked solid. Still missing on some deep balls but solid. I’m sold he can do the job. Really impressed with the defense. Best performance I’ve seen from an OSU D in a while. Still not sure where this team is overall but the next several games are winnable.
  • Like 1

Impressed with the new defensive coordinator, Jim Knowles.   Boise St. can score big and OSU held them to 21 points.   That's not something you usually see from an OSU team.  Receivers stayed covered and the D-line looked athletic and quick off line.   Tackling was strong and not sure I saw any defensive penalties.   

Texas Tech scored 63 points today (QB threw for 600 yards), so the new look Knowles defense is going to get another big test next Saturday,   

Edited by Monster

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

This crow is awful tasty. First quarter was dogshit but o-line finally started pushing some people around and Corndog looked solid. Still missing on some deep balls but solid. I’m sold he can do the job. Really impressed with the defense. Best performance I’ve seen from an OSU D in a while. Still not sure where this team is overall but the next several games are winnable.

The XII has pound for pound , athletes that can compete with any conference...

I’ve been stuffing thoughts about this game back down in my brain all week...spent three nights in CT visiting my brand new niece, drove up to Albany today to spend 8 hours just talking with my 96yo grandfather...barely even thought of the game, no ragrets as I never get to see them

Big Dave better have this game on YouTube soon because I’m dying to watch it. Senior laden ranked G5 team with a senior hot shit quarterback smelled like trouble. Glad I was wrong.

Really impressed with the defense yesterday, particularly the D-line and pass rush.  I always have a "wait and see" approach with the OSU defense.  That Boise offense is legit. They have a 4-year starter at QB who is mobile and accurate. They will shred a lot of people.

Cornellius is getting better and yeah, he's not Rudolph, but he doesn't have to be.  He actually looked a lot like Collin Klein yesterday, and if he can keep completing passes at a 60% clip AND be dangerous runner to complement our RBs, he'll present some challenges for Big 12 defenses.

Barring some serious injury issues or a total bed shitting OSU should be 8-0 when we head to Stillwater, and probably 9-0 heading into bedlam. The OSU team from yesterday is a legit top 15 squad and will have its chance to push for the conference in its last few games.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Really impressed with the defense yesterday, particularly the D-line and pass rush.  I always have a "wait and see" approach with the OSU defense.  That Boise offense is legit. They have a 4-year starter at QB who is mobile and accurate. They will shred a lot of people.
Cornellius is getting better and yeah, he's not Rudolph, but he doesn't have to be.  He actually looked a lot like Collin Klein yesterday, and if he can keep completing passes at a 60% clip AND be dangerous runner to complement our RBs, he'll present some challenges for Big 12 defenses.
Ha, my first thought was Colin Klein while watching the game. Slow as hell, but was getting the job done.

18 hours ago, Okie State said:
19 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Ha, my first thought was Colin Klein while watching the game. Slow as hell, but was getting the job done.

Ha... I actually don't think he's all that slow. He just looks slow because he has those long gangly legs, lol.  

Gundy said it after the game he’s faster than he looks because he’s tall and has a long stride. I think it’s true. And he doesn’t need to be super fast for those plays to be effective. He’s not trying to outrun guys on the edge it’s mostly finding a crease inside and getting forward for 5-8 yards. My favorite play was the TD where his offensive lineman pushed him and the pile into the end zone. I can’t believe that was illegal at one point.

Gundy is one of those coaches that never seems to get his due. Maybe because he is not the self promoter that most of the egocentric D1 coaches are. He has quietly developed his teams on a very consistent basis year after year. Not to mention he always finds “his” quarterback.

All that being said, I’m sure there are times when he thinks back to that night in Ames. It was a perfect storm for the upset. With the tragedy less then 48 hours old, night game, etc. I believe most feel that had they won that night. Gundy could very well have won it all that year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hamttx said:

Gundy is one of those coaches that never seems to get his due. Maybe because he is not the self promoter that most of the egocentric D1 coaches are. He has quietly developed his teams on a very consistent basis year after year. Not to mention he always finds “his” quarterback.

All that being said, I’m sure there are times when he thinks back to that night in Ames. It was a perfect storm for the upset. With the tragedy less then 48 hours old, night game, etc. I believe most feel that had they won that night. Gundy could very well have won it all that year.

Even losing that game we still should have played LSU in the title game. Instead the nation had to be subjected to a sequel to that Bama-LSU shit fest.

If we had won at ISU, I sometimes wonder if we still would have crushed OU the following week, or even won.  I obviously expected to beat ISU, but always felt we would lose Bedlam.  I always expect to lose Bedlam because we always play bad in that game on at least one side of the ball (last year offense crushed it defense shit the bed).  I wonder if frustration of losing to ISU played any roll in how well we played in Bedlam.

Nevertheless, yes we would have played LSU and won.  And our overall SOS was a whole lot better than Bama and they got in over us by the smallest margin ever because of the humans and their SEC cock sucking and "eye test" bullshit.  We still deserved to play LSU for the title.  And again, I really think we would have won.

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

OSU should have been in the title game even with the loss.

Didn't 2008 Florida lose at HOME to a 6-6 squad and still make it?  OK State's loss to us (we were 6-6 that year) was at least on the road.

On a Friday night.

Against a team coming off a bye week (and we weren't)

Man, who the hell allowed that game to be scheduled?  

41 minutes ago, 'stache said:

If we had won at ISU, I sometimes wonder if we still would have crushed OU the following week, or even won.  I obviously expected to beat ISU, but always felt we would lose Bedlam.  I always expect to lose Bedlam because we always play bad in that game on at least one side of the ball (last year offense crushed it defense shit the bed).  I wonder if frustration of losing to ISU played any roll in how well we played in Bedlam.

I said the same thing when it happened.   Probably primarily to make myself feel better.  If you remember, the week before that game Weeden had risen to #1 on the Heisman prediction lists.  Without the plane crash, Weeden probably comes out and plays a much better game.  Or played the same game, but we get out of there with a W.  So the bext weekend, Bedlam would have been for:

A Bedlam victory, which is a rarity

Our first undisputed conference championship in our life times

A Heisman trophy

A spot in the BCS championship game

Fuuuuuuck.  I think we very well might have totally shit the bed in Bedlam.  In our minds, we were still playing for three of those things, so maybe not.  Turns out, we were really only playing for two of them (Fuck you Herbstreit and your SEC cock sucking buddies).