Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

On 2/8/2024 at 4:33 PM, Herbie Hancock said:

Damn that’s solid. Palio’s is tasty stuff. XL Half king and half Scorcher hasn’t done me wrong yet. Wife digs the Cade n Blake pesto

BOGO deal was still good today, this shit was good. 

Il Diavolo

pepperoni, sausage, jalapeños, habaneros, banana peppers, wing sauce, cheddar, spices and mozzarella 

Also, Spec's had Blanton's. 

• Like 1

Go hug your damn kids and tell them you love them. Or a parent, cousin, wtfever you gotta do. Just tell someone you love em. Even you SO2.0.

11 year old girl lost her father this morning as he was driving to watch her play volleyball. Freak accident at the 20/30 split. Best I understand he got in an accident of some sort with an 18 wheeler. They had stopped and already done the information exchange. The tow truck coming to tow his truck somehow hit his truck and him.

We will be in the area for a wedding in a couple of weeks and staying at a hotel in the Forest Hills area. Looking for a place that 10+ people can go for dinner on a Saturday night. Nothing fancy, just somewhere with decent food and can accommodate a bigger group. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

8 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

We will be in the area for a wedding in a couple of weeks and staying at a hotel in the Forest Hills area. Looking for a place that 10+ people can go for dinner on a Saturday night. Nothing fancy, just somewhere with decent food and can accommodate a bigger group. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Prima Pasta at Granbury Road and Hulen has a large dining area that can handle a party of 10+, but it is BYOB.  Los Vaqueros on the N. Main in the Stockyards has great Mexican food.  Panther City barbecue on E. Hattie street is a top 10 choice in Texas Monthly with a good bar. No Frills Grill on South I-35 has a good bar and burger selection. All of these places are within 10 miles of Forest Hill.

• Hook 'Em 1

e77aef2d970f27bd160562d372e51db9.jpg
So had a client in town and was going to Panther City but closed on Tuesday. So went to the Hurtado on 8th st. Guest was from NJ and raved about it. He then got a birria taco.

That’s brisket, burnt ends, bacon wrapped stuffed jap, brisket tostada, and Mexican cornbread with brisket, elotes and jalapeños. It was great.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Texzilla588 said:

e77aef2d970f27bd160562d372e51db9.jpg
So had a client in town and was going to Panther City but closed on Tuesday. So went to the Hurtado on 8th st. Guest was from NJ and raved about it. He then got a birria taco.

That’s brisket, burnt ends, bacon wrapped stuffed jap, brisket tostada, and Mexican cornbread with brisket, elotes and jalapeños. It was great.

They do good work and have gone there on Tuesday as well when PC is closed.

Another one.

A man died after he was shot in the 2900 block of Crockett Street in the West 7th entertainment district in Fort Worth about 10:15 p.m. Saturday night, and police are searching for the shooter.

Paramedics with MedStar and the fire department were seen treating the victim on the sidewalk. Medics performed CPR on the man and appeared to bandage his chest and side before he was taken to a local hospital. Police told the Star-Telegram in an email that the man died of his injuries. The victim’s name has not been released.

There was a large police presence in the area. One officer at the scene said the suspect was believed to have left in a car. Police said in the email about midnight that the suspect fled the scene before officers arrived and was still at large. No description of the suspect has been released and police did not confirm a description of the car mentioned by the officer at the scene or whether officers were in pursuit of the vehicle.

Police said the shooting came after “an altercation” between the suspect and the victim outside a business on Crockett Street. About five shots were heard. Police said the victim was shot multiple times.

Erin Lacey, a bartender at Mash’d restaurant near where the shooting happened, told the Star-Telegram that after the shots were fired, she saw a man with a gun run away from the shooting scene toward Foch Street and then run back toward Norwood Street. 

I’m sure there will be more info when you kids wake up. 

Hit up Ribbee's yesterday. Arrived at 1040, there were four cars in parking lot. No one in line yet. By 1050, a few more cars pulled in, people started to line up. At 1100, probably 15 in line. Line was a steady five deep by the time I left at 1145. 

They had four varieties of pork ribs and beef back ribs were also on the menu.

I went with original dry rub and the sweet, wet. For me, the standard is Panther City BBQ. I like it in on the sweet side. The dry rub has no sweetness and not very peppery. The sweet was not very wet, and only a light hint of sweetness. They did not have ribs like they cook at Goldee's. And the cole slaw is not like theirs at Goldee's. Ribbees is mayo based, taste like chick fil a. I much prefer the non mayo cole slaw at Goldee's. 

Ribs were perfectly cooked, nice pull and the meat came cleanly off the bone. Just need a heavier dose of rub/sauce.

$20 per box, come with a drink.

Celebrity sighting - Jon Bonnell.  The two guys he joined had already ordered and sat.

20240308_112252.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

For those with wives & kids, BI Academy has a shit-ton of Rangers WS shirts on clearance for $5. Ain’t much in the way of adult male sizes though. 
It's 90% gray WS tshirts, but there are a few gems...

4b3a2e801f9feb36e56a37ae1b8ceb1a.jpg75771620805f121466de99ffe29c63a6.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1

I’d recommend staying away from this joint, second shooting since August. 

Two people were injured, one critically, in a shooting at a hookah bar in southwest Fort Worth early Sunday morning.

Fort Worth police responded to Cru Hookah Lounge, at 6318 Hulen Bend Blvd., shortly before 2 a.m. Sunday. Officers found a 24-year-old man and a 43-year-old woman with gunshot wounds.

The victims were transported to a hospital. The man was in critical condition. The woman is expected to survive.

No arrests have been announced. The police department’s gang unit is leading the investigation, according to a police report. 

On 2/29/2024 at 7:37 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Guess they're doing alright. 

GHdoX3GXAAAzuzR?format=jpg&name=medium

Can they take the big bad wolf breakfast and jam it all into a big burrito? Because I would definitely try that and then cancel my plans for the rest of the day.

I have never had any allergy problems here in FW, but goddamn, this year is different. I think I have been sneezing for a week straight. Maybe I have the COVID or the super-AIDS but I don't feel bad.

Anyone else?

Guess this is one of Sheridan’s sets out by JD’s. They’ve been in my hood off Winscott randomly for about 3 weeks now too. 

IMG-7316.jpg
Please tell me that little pump jack on the roof is going up and down.

10 hours ago, TornACL said:

I have never had any allergy problems here in FW, but goddamn, this year is different. I think I have been sneezing for a week straight. Maybe I have the COVID or the super-AIDS but I don't feel bad.

Anyone else?

We are currently in tyler and my wife, who almost never has a rough time with allergies is down and out this week

On 2/27/2024 at 8:21 AM, Mo Horn said:

Saw you hit Panther City, anywhere else? 

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Saw you hit Panther City, anywhere else? 

Nothing worthy of posting. Our son and DIL live in Arlington and we stayed with them for a day. We went to Taqueria Arandas for dinner and a local place for breakfast. The rest of the meals in Ft Worth were just grabbing things between wedding stuff. We did eat at Luby's, which was walking distance from the hotel and good for 12 people with differing tastes. Easier than all agreeing on somewhere. I got the CFS, which was actually pretty good, but no doubt some here would neg me for. Some of us also went to Salata for a really good salad. We looked at going to Delucca Gaucho for their unique pizza service, but it didn't work out. I may hit it up the next time we visit our kids. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Had a burger with Shiner cheese sauce & japs tonight at Benbrook Hoffbrau. Messy as hell, but pretty damn good. 

Recently read that Hoffbrau was closing?  Yep, ate there a few weeks ago and it was good.

1 minute ago, TyphoonSe7en said:

I think it was just Grapevine location that recently closed. Benbrook and Granbury are still open.

Ok, the article for some reason didn’t specify the location.  Good to hear not Benbrook.

https://h5.newsbreakapp.com/mp/0rrugCFz?cv=23.43.0.37&platform=0

Here’s the article. It’s the same reason Derek Allen and his hot wife closed down and left the business. Long hours and 7 day weeks. Heim and Hurtado operating 7 days a week lunch and dinner is a real grind.

I ate at the heim by love field recently and it was just average.