Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

I really like the look of the bricks on Camp Bowie, but the continuous maintenance is a pain in the ass. I would be fine doing away with it if they switched over to the brick colored concrete and had brick patterned stamping. You know, where they throw the powder over it like they can do with patios. I just don't know anything about the lasting quality and aesthetics. 

On 9/24/2018 at 1:24 PM, Angry Gorilla said:

Is Buffalo Bros any good?  Never tried it.

New one on Throckmorton next year in the old Oliver’s Fine Foods. 

“It has lots of great windows and it’ll be a good place to watch a game,” Bonnell said.

“Downtown really hasn’t had a sports bar in a while. We’re going to have a place families can come, with a good price point.”

https://www.star-telegram.com/entertainment/restaurants/eats-beat/article218923775.html

Zolis pizza building a restaurant at houghton/hulen halfway between central market and vickery. The thought of building a free standing 5,000 sq ft non fast food restaurant in FW seems beyond risky. 
Yep. I also cant imagine getting in and out of the parking lot to cross Hulen. That area is a shit show with traffic.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I ate at Snooze in Denver at it is awesome.  Can't wait for it to open.

I tried out the new BBQ place in Montgomery Plaza last night.  Complete garbage, can't see how they will stay open unless the oyster half kills it.  I had very low expectations too.  At least the previous shitty BBQ place there hid their crap BBQ in nachos and cheese fries that actually made it good.  This place just has the typical BBQ menu of meat and sides.  I had brisket and sausage and both sucked.

6 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

that zoli's is going to be badass and do really well.  its a good concept.

yea the concept does look good. will definitely give it a try but man trying to turn left out of that location to go south on Hulen will be a shit show especially with the traffic coming up that hill going north on Hulen.

12 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Today is Smoke Pit’s last before it reopens next month as the newer Sammie’s. 

Well sheeit.  Always loved Smoke Pit's sammiches and staff.  Sammie's has never done anything for me with regard to either. 

Anyone been here? 

Slice City Pizza opened in early September in a space that had looong been set for Flippin Pizza, which had gotten as far as putting its name on the door but never opened. According to Star-Telegram “Eats Beat” columnist Bud Kennedy, Slice City, which advertises “N.Y. Slices and Pies” on the banner covering up the Flippin sign, comes from the extended Joe’s Pizza & Pasta chain of restaurants in DFW. 4601 West Fwy. No. 220 (on the Hulen Street side of the Chapel Hill shopping center anchored by Central Market)

Finally made it to Panther City BBQ. the place is legit. All i got was brisket, brisket tacos, and the cracked pepper sausage. they were out of everything else. Brisket reminded me of Mueller. Lots of black pepper, could've used more salt. But smoked very well, fat was fully rendered. i don't know if they are making their own sausage, but it was my style. Coarse grind, great snappy casing. 

51 minutes ago, dmtx said:

Have never had a bad pizza from the Nizza on University. it's been a long while, may have to go carb load soon.

You definitely picked the best place on University to carb load. 

1 minute ago, bluto said:

That pizza place isn't bad for a quick lunch, ppl working there seem very nice. And the wife/mom is hawt

Agree X 2.

22 minutes ago, Angry Gorilla said:

For those of you that refuse to pay for ST access because they are way to liberal like myself, story says the new Fed spending bill did not fund Panther Island/Trinity River Vision to the tune of $500 million. Those damn bridges on Henderson are going to be over dirt for the foreseeable future. (if they ever finish them)

Edited by Dr Fear

And if you go to their home page and open a story incognito on chrome that works too, just gotta do one article at a time. 

The article says it's out of the 18 and 19 budget... so how much $ is in the bank and how quickly does that run dry? 

4 minutes ago, bluto said:

And if you go to their home page and open a story incognito on chrome that works too, just gotta do one article at a time. 

The article says it's out of the 18 and 19 budget... so how much $ is in the bank and how quickly does that run dry? 

DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THIS, but if I remember correctly, it would cost $1 billion with FW in for 1/4 (with bonds), Texas in for 1/4 and the Feds in for 1/2. It was part of the "shovel ready" Obama stimulus bill in 2009-2010.

Edited by Dr Fear

24 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THIS, but if I remember correctly, it would cost $1 billion with FW in for 1/4 (with bonds), Texas in for 1/4 and the Feds in for 1/2. It was part of the "shovel ready" Obama stimulus bill in 2009-2010.

Had to hit the quote button, Couldn't help it. The latest figure is 1.16Bn cost. 

Anybody going to tech/tcu? I'm making my first trip to Amon Carter for it, hard to beat fall weather and an actual power 5 matchup on a Thurs evening in your back yard. 

Im assuming the couple campus bars on University are a total zoo pregame, bad enough to avoid outright?

Edited by bluto

I have no idea how this fucking city allowed that development in the city center. That dump looks like it belongs in vehicle sprawled suburbs like Keller. 

Same with the area behind Montgomery Plaza. Yeah what you really want in prime real estate near downtown is a parking lot for 2000 cars, and an Office Max and a Marshall's. 

16 hours ago, TornACL said:

I have no idea how this fucking city allowed that development in the city center. That dump looks like it belongs in vehicle sprawled suburbs like Keller. 

Same with the area behind Montgomery Plaza. Yeah what you really want in prime real estate near downtown is a parking lot for 2000 cars, and an Office Max and a Marshall's. 

They allowed it because our beloved mayor saw dollar signs and that's all she cares about.  The whole 7th street development has been a shit show run by developers.