Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

This is good news, at least. 

John Votava, a Kroger spokesperson, said the company is keeping the store closed until police have finished their investigation there. When the store does reopen, the armed security at the location will be extended from just evenings to being present from open to close, he said. 

What a day for the far west side. the civilized world of FW pretty well disappears west of 183 (check the sex offender map between 377/183)… save good old como but seems like that’s actually up trend. That west camp Bowie retail strip desertion is really sad/gross. 

11 hours ago, bluto said:

What a day for the far west side. the civilized world of FW pretty well disappears west of 183 (check the sex offender map between 377/183)… save good old como but seems like that’s actually up trend. That west camp Bowie retail strip desertion is really sad/gross. 

Until further notice, Tarrant County Probation is not allowing officers to conduct visits along the Las Vegas Trail corridor. We're the only ones without guns.

5 hours ago, cmontexas said:

I used to date a chick in Azle. Villa Del Sol aint bad also the pizza from the place in front of the high school is edible as well

Villa Del Sol is probably the best restaurant, On the Patio is also good (relatively speaking). If you dare, go to Lynne's...lotsa cigarette smokers there

The only decent dining option in Azle is El Paseo. Red’s used to make a solid burger but last time I was there it was disappointing. Villa Del Sol is straight up trash. I’d eat Taco Bell sober before I eat there again.

I’ve been out this way since 2009 and I’m not sure where you people get that there is any tail or food worth coming this way for. Tater Junction in Aurora was good if you like greasy spoon cafe food, but they’ve been closed since probably 2015. Seriously, stay away and anyone that says otherwise is mentally deficient.

Palio’s has good pizza.  On the Patio is nothing special but ok and I’d give Villa del Sol the nod over El Paseo.  Hoping with the new bridge being completed in the future there will be several new places opening in Azle.

The brisket at Brix, just doesn't move the needle for me. Not much of a crust, not much salt, and didn't notice any pepper. The beef belly burnt end slammed though. It has a smoky earthy flavor. Hint of coffee notes. Went great with the sweet glaze. Elotes is a thumbs up

20240502_110734.jpg

• Like 1

I know Trevor and think he’s an absolutely incredible dude, but you are spot on in regards to his brisket. Sometimes I wonder if I could do better at home.

His Funky Town chicken sandwich and the sides like you mentioned are where it’s at. I don’t dig on pork very much, but everyone raves about his Porchetta. The sausage has been hit or miss for me, probably 50/50 and I’ve been there at least 40 times?

2 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

Overrated. There I said it.

I don't think anybody has actually rated GBs in about 30 years. My brother worked there in high school and called in sick to work one time to go do some high school kid shit so Ginger called my mom and thought she could snitch on my brother and harangue my mom about it but that did not go well for GB.

The cinnamon rolls are still 🔥 

On 4/29/2024 at 10:24 AM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Canard’s

(817) 249-2565

That’s west side. 

Well, not long after my post above I developed an air conditioner problem and I called Canard’s for service.  You were 100% correct about them.  Outstanding service and they will get all my future business.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Anyone been to Lola’s, the Cuban joint between Razzoo’s & Outback yet? That’s my hood, & have not heard a single positive or negative thing from anyone. 

The Lola's truck used to be near Henderson at Weatherford near downtown I think. I used to order delivery from there when working from home. I didn't love the entrees but the Cuban was solid. 

Tex Mex: Vallarta’s on Seminary or El Paseo on Jacksboro Hwy. If he’s a snob, Los Vaqueros.

Bbq: Angelo’s, Panther City

Steakhouse: Bob’s

Have you had the Los Vaqueros in Willow Park? I haven’t had a good meal yet since they left the golf course. Seems very meh compared to Stockyards.

Have you had the Los Vaqueros in Willow Park? I haven’t had a good meal yet since they left the golf course. Seems very meh compared to Stockyards.

Made plans on at least two different occasions to go there but I remembered you saying the WP location was trash so we hit the El Paseo in Azle instead. I prefer the Sansom Park EP, but it’s still solid.

I typically choose somewhere you can order in Spanish, and I’ve found the more likely the exterior looks to be housing a Health Code violation the better the food. But there’s always at least one boujee ass that wants Joe T’s or some bullshit like that, and Los V is somewhere in the middle in my opinion.

On 5/10/2024 at 2:18 PM, The Ace of Aces said:

Friend is in town next week for two days. He wants BBQ, Tex Mex and a steakhouse. Plus a bar or two. 

Hit me up aside from Goldees, Heim and Panther City.  And Billy Bob’s. Been a long time since I was in Fort Worth. 

What kind of bar are you looking for?

Not me, a friend. I don’t think he cares, just something non generic he doesn’t come across around Boston. 

Bowie House has a solid bar with an upscale crowd and drink list. Thompson’s downtown for more of a cocktail bar, although I haven’t been since the remodel. Atlas over on South Main has kind of moody vibe and good drinks. If you want something more low key or a dive, there’s Ye Old Bull and Bush or Showdown.

But for most types, my go-to would be the bar in the new Bowie House hotel.
  • Hook 'Em 2

In Ft Worth proper…

Barbecue: OG go to Railhead. For craft Panther City.

TexMex: unique: Jesus Bbq. Homestyle family TexMex. Get a platter of fried chicken for the table. I like La Familia. Also the original Pulidos might have reopened.

Steakhouse. Higher end: Lonesome Dove. Mid end: H3. Old timey cafe. Star Cafe.

Burger. The original Kincaids.