Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

On 10/19/2018 at 8:10 PM, bluto said:

Panther city BBQ is better than heim. Trailer/outdoor seating

Just had Panther City and it was phenomenal.  Better than Heims and probably on par with Pecan Lodge since I haven't had Cattleack to declare it best in DFW.  Half a pound of moist and the fat was perfectly rendered.  Will order a combo moist/lean next time.  $10 for half a pound which I believe is a little cheaper than the going rate of $11 to $12. The ribs were good but the sausage (both pepper and jap cheddar) was OK since it's not similar to central Texas...more like Eckrich if that makes any sense as far as casing.  The sauce was sweeter than I would have liked.  Got to the food truck at noon and waited no more than 10 minutes.  Beautiful weather to sit outside and eat.

Went to the new cajun restaurant in the cursed corner of Montgomery Plaza.  Not bad.  Had the gumbo and the fried crawfish platter.  Only thing that wasn't good was the cole slaw.  Price points aren't bad ($4/cup of gumbo and $14 for crawfish platter).  It had a nice atmosphere.  
They only had a partial menu for the weekend.  The full menu is supposed to start today.  

Full menu:

2ba00b6506b2ba7644af9fdc452a503f.jpgad958a515971bb4514de685916fe557f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Dr Fear said:

I was actually asking for a friend so I can borrow his eventually, but not til my GD pecan tree stops dropping crap. Thanks though!

what do you do with your pecans?  my neighborhood crop is low this year and im not getting many on walks.

3 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

what do you do with your pecans?  my neighborhood crop is low this year and im not getting many on walks.

Give me a few weeks and I will bag some up for you.  My wife actually hand cracked a bunch of them last year and froze them and I don't think we have had 1/3rd of them.  It is the off year for the tree but they are still a decent size.  Last year was crazy.

5 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

Give me a few weeks and I will bag some up for you.  My wife actually hand cracked a bunch of them last year and froze them and I don't think we have had 1/3rd of them.  It is the off year for the tree but they are still a decent size.  Last year was crazy.

man that would be whoopass.

Edited by NOMAAA
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Dr Fear said:

... and the place he found to fix the power washer was A & B Lawn and Garden up in River Oaks.  I bought a chainsaw there a few years ago, they are nice guys.

Second.  Excellent customer service and repairs. 

Anyone heard of this little joint? 

Hey, Bud! I keep hearing about a good little place at a motel on Northside Drive.

—Johnny, a Riverside guy

Las Pericas is in a former motel coffee shop at a Motel 6, but don’t let that fool you. The owners turn out first-rate Tex-Mex and Mexican breakfasts and lunches with two fiery table salsas (green and red)

1 hour ago, spystud13 said:

You kids know I’m more Cityview than W. 7th, been to OtB on BI twice recently, both times pretty damn good. Sit at the bar, they have 5 or so TVs, bartender has done it before, ain’t mad at it. 

Whoa, is that part of the happy hour menu? 

Redefines the term. 

15 hours ago, Dr Fear said:

Anyone else hear a fireworks show around 715pm?

It was over by downtown or  the river. Wasn't at the botanic.

I finally made it over to Bourbon Street a few days late. Gumbo is alright...I like my roux darker, but I give them points for the gumbo not being spicy. Dumbass "Cajun" places in Texas usually make every gumbo or etoufee dish on the menu stupidly spicy, and actual Louisiana food isn't like that.

Chargrilled oysters were alright. Bartender was entertaining. The best thing is they actually have NFL Sunday Ticket, so we finally have a place in the area not named Boomerjacks or America Gardens where you can sit at a bar and watch a few different games at the same time. Also, there were actually other living breathing human beings in there spending money, so maybe that place will make it for a little while. Went over to Bourbon and Bones to use the restroom (the two places share the facilities) and it was pretty dead over there.

Not that I spend a ton of time in fucking Cresson, but I cannot picture that racetrack at all. 

Their proximity to the race track has resulted in a unique food/race track combo: A sandwich, side, and drink plus four laps in any of Farr's high-end cars — including a Lamborghini — for $229. That gets you a video of your drive, too. They're calling it the Lambo Combo.

It was right behind the Texaco they used be in, but if you didn't know it was there or you didn't happen to be there when the really expensive cars went flying around the corner nearest BBQ on the Brazos' parking lot, it would be pretty easy to miss. When not in use it kind of just looked like a roadway and some forgettable buildings behind a chain link fence.

• Like 1

Before they lengthened the track, I'm pretty sure you couldn't really see the course from 377. I used to race motorcycles on that track, but never took a car out. There is video of a Porsche RUF roll over crash, the driver was able to walk away.  

This location sounds pretty terrible. 

BBQ on the Brazos reopened this week in a hilltop house-trailer “dining room” on the MotorSport Ranch in Cresson, uphill behind its old location off U.S. 377.

It’s not easy to find. First, you have to find 9012 Performance Court, between U.S. 377 and Texas 171 in Cresson.

That street isn’t marked. So take the turn to the motorsport track.

A half-mile uphill, you’ll find a barbecue truck rig, John Sanford and Kathryn Warren. It’s parked next to a trailer that has been converted to a dining room.

BBQ%20on%20the%20Brazos%20exterior

BBQ%20on%20the%20Brazos%20new%20location

And Sammies is open now too, the new pitmaster is from La Barbecue.