Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

5 hours ago, spystud13 said:

RIP, Rick’s On the Bricks. Wasn’t that the same location? 

CSB-When Mark Brooks won the PGA in '96, he came to Rick's that evening.  It was a glorious celebration that lasted long after last call.  Rick Mumford had a great bar and restaurant that I still miss.  Never went to Ginger Man but RIP.

Long time lurker and Arlington Heights resident here. Went to Barrel and Bones in Montgomery Plaza last night. Brisket was way under-cooked, and a can of Community Witbier was $7. Even though the service was excellent and the owner engaging, I probably won't be back.

bone and barrel had a booth that didnt have hardly any traffic at all.  meat church showed up, served beef cheek tacos and chicken fried burnt ends.  those burnt ends were incredible.  longorias was good as was panther city.  had the heim bacon burnt ends for the first time and that is all i will say about that.  other standouts were schmidt family, bbq on the brazos, panther city, longorias and hutchins.  Cattleack was not very good. 

On 10/14/2018 at 8:17 PM, TyphoonSe7en said:

Anyone make it to Cowtown Brewing Co. This weekend?
https://www.star-telegram.com/entertainment/restaurants/bbq/article219941250.html

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I will check it out soon, but holy fuck does that logo/name suck. How much more unoriginal can you get

10 hours ago, TyphoonSe7en said:

When did Woody's stop using the old Lowes movie theater signs? Did Cityview take them away from them?

Somebody had told me that Woody's was closed down. I guess it's because the signs were gone. 

That would have given me the sads. 

On 10/14/2018 at 8:17 PM, TyphoonSe7en said:

Anyone make it to Cowtown Brewing Co. This weekend?
https://www.star-telegram.com/entertainment/restaurants/bbq/article219941250.html

According to Twitter they start serving food today.  I'll probably stop by for a late lunch/early start to weekend.

15 hours ago, spystud13 said:

You talking about the one by Rio Mambo or Lone Star? Mambo one still says Woody’s Tavern across the top, other is blank. 

The one by Mambo said "Coldest Jager in Town" forever.  In geographically related news, the replacement contractor for the Bryant Irvin bridge has made very significant progress.  They are pretty close to completion with 4 lanes on both sides of the bridge.

7 hours ago, Angry Gorilla said:

According to Twitter they start serving food today.  I'll probably stop by for a late lunch/early start to weekend.

Went there for a Beer on Sunday. Imperial Marzen and an IPA. 

Marzen was fine. 

IPA was solid. Simcoe based. Issue? $8 for a 13.5 oz pour. 

Are you Lauren? 

Hey, Bud! I have family coming in town from Alaska and they’re asking me for the best barbecue. I told them about Heim Barbecue, Smokey’s Ribs and Bailey’s Bar-B-Q — but would love to wow them with a hole-in-the-wall.

—Lauren, Fort Worth

Besides Heim, Billy’s Oak Acres BBQ on Camp Bowie Boulevard West is one of the best inside Loop 820.. Don’t forget Cousin’s Pit Barbecue — the original on McCart Avenue gets high marks statewide. Outside the loop, there’s Lockhart Smokehouse in Arlington, Jambo’s in Rendon and old-timey Hickory Stick in Everman. (For a short drive, try 407 BBQ in Draper off Interstate 35W north of Texas Motor Speedway. The new toll lane makes it a quick trip.)

13 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Scrolled thru some of this thread, thinking I would see good reviews for Heim BBQ only to see a bunch of meh. So, any other BBQ in the FW area I should check out?

Panther city BBQ is better than heim. Trailer/outdoor seating

• Like 1

Went to the new cajun restaurant in the cursed corner of Montgomery Plaza.  Not bad.  Had the gumbo and the fried crawfish platter.  Only thing that wasn't good was the cole slaw.  Price points aren't bad ($4/cup of gumbo and $14 for crawfish platter).  It had a nice atmosphere.  

They only had a partial menu for the weekend.  The full menu is supposed to start today.  

3 hours ago, TyphoonSe7en said:

Anybody know when Panther City has been selling out? I want to go try it some Saturday but don't want to drive over there too late.

it's getting earlier every week as the word gets out. I would say get over there by 2 at the latest. You can follow them on FB and they will usually post when they sell out

One more CFS post... 

Hey, Bud! Friday is Texas Chicken Fried Steak Day. I noticed your midweek “best” list didn’t mention [chain restaurant].

—Guy who likes chain chicken-fried

Yes. I noticed that too. It’s tough to praise a pre-fab chain chicken-fried steak, even when it’s served under fancy black-pepper chipotle gravy. Rather have a homemade, garlicky chicken-fried steak in a hole-in-the-wall like M&M Steak House, or the soft, tender CFS at Mac’s Bar and Grill in Arlington.

What chain is he talking about? Because that gravy sounds pretty damn good. 

One more CFS post... 
Hey, Bud! Friday is Texas Chicken Fried Steak Day. I noticed your midweek “best” list didn’t mention [chain restaurant].
—Guy who likes chain chicken-fried
Yes. I noticed that too. It’s tough to praise a pre-fab chain chicken-fried steak, even when it’s served under fancy black-pepper chipotle gravy. Rather have a homemade, garlicky chicken-fried steak in a hole-in-the-wall like M&M Steak House, or the soft, tender CFS at Mac’s Bar and Grill in Arlington.
What chain is he talking about? Because that gravy sounds pretty damn good. 
Grandy's?

The Grandys was just a joke... but I had a lot of Grandys as a kid. Their roles were incredible!

Is Black Eyed Pea still around? There was a time when their chicken fried was pretty awesome, but that has been a while.

I can't think of what chain this guy might be talking about.