Drew Brees is lucky and overrated

smwhorn

His brother Jeff is ST coach for Arizona too. That Chap team was really good too. John Tyler was better though. 

Yep, played against that Westlake team. I think they had the aggy OL McKinney that played for the Dolphins, Ryan Nunez May have already graduated, Brett Robin, and I believe the WR Read brothers. I heard one of them passed, not 100% sure though. What a dominant central Texas team.

On 10/9/2018 at 7:56 AM, slorch said:

Well, aside from that San diego thing...and Saban turning him down in Miami for Dante Culpepper...

Probably been covered.

But what kind of alternative universe do we live in now if he wasn't turned down by Miami.

Does Saban still coach in the NFL today?

If so, he never goes to Alabama.

So who would have been their coach?

Does that mean in 2009, we win another Naty w/ Mack? Does Mack still coach here?

Man you can go down a rabbit hole with this shit and tie it all back to Drew Brees.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Probably been covered.

But what kind of alternative universe do we live in now if he wasn't turned down by Miami.

Does that mean in 2009, we win another Naty w/ Mack? Does Mack still coach here?

Man you can go down a rabbit hole with this shit and tie it all back to Drew Brees.

I am sure that Kevin Bacon had something to do with this too.

5 minutes ago, mininghorn88 said:

I am sure that Kevin Bacon had something to do with this too.

Kevin Bacon acted in, directed, and produced the 2005 movie 'Loverboy' which included a preformance by Sandra Bullock.

Sandra Bullock stared in 2009's Blindside in which Nick Saban appeared.

Nick Saban was the coach of the Miami Dolphins which tried to trade for Drew Brees, but ultimately were not successful.

Boom. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Kevin Bacon acted in, directed, and produced the 2005 movie 'Loverboy' which included a preformance by Sandra Bullock.

Sandra Bullock stared in 2009's Blindside in which Nick Saban appeared.

Nick Saban was the coach of the Miami Dolphins which tried to trade for Drew Brees, but ultimately were not successful.

Boom. 

Welp.  There you go.  Nice.

Once met Drew Brees in the Izmir, Turkey airport when I was waiting on a flight to the Cappadocia region. I think this was 2009? Maybe 2010.

Some big black dudes walk up to the security at the gate. This was one of those two levels of secuirty airports I guess.

I'm waiting for my flight and when I spot them They stuck out like a sore thumb as you can imagine. Let's just say that there's really not a lot of black folks in Turkey and the ones that are there are African black.... or horn of Africa brown. 

Then one smaller white dude walks behind them, not much taller than myself. He looks familiar, but I can't place him.

I get up to get a better look because they have a lot of bags and it's kind of a scene. But there's very few people around and no one gives them a second look.

When I get up close I'm thinking, "This guy looks a hell of a lot like Drew Brees...." And then I see his mole / birthmark thing.

I ask him if he is Drew Brees. He asks if I'm American. I assure him that of course I am because who the hell else would recognize him in Izmir Turkey.

He tells me he's busy (he was not) and he didn't want to sign anything (I didn't ask).

He was kind of a dick about it. 

Oh well. He is good at football and I've met him. Never got a chance to ask him why he was there or who his crew was due to his dickishness.

/epic life story 

Edited by Dnaguy

1 hour ago, Dnaguy said:

Once met Drew Brees in the Izmir, Turkey airport when I was waiting on a flight to the Cappadocia region. I think this was 2009? Maybe 2010.

Some big black dudes walk up to the security at the gate. This was one of those two levels of secuirty airports I guess.

I'm waiting for my flight and when I spot them They stuck out like a sore thumb as you can imagine. Let's just say that there's really not a lot of black folks in Turkey and the ones that are there are African black.... or horn of Africa brown. 

Then one smaller white dude walks behind them, not much taller than myself. He looks familiar, but I can't place him.

I get up to get a better look because they have a lot of bags and it's kind of a scene. But there's very few people around and no one gives them a second look.

When I get up close I'm thinking, "This guy looks a hell of a lot like Drew Brees...." And then I see his mole / birthmark thing.

I ask him if he is Drew Brees. He asks if I'm American. I assure him that of course I am because who the hell else would recognize him in Izmir Turkey.

He tells me he's busy (he was not) and he didn't want to sign anything (I didn't ask).

Oh well. He is good at football and I've met him. Never got a chance to ask him why he was there or who his crew was due to his dickishness.

/epic life story 

I can sorta relate to this.  I have been to Izmir.

/epic life story 

He probably could smell your Cappadocian ass a mile away. Go back to Göreme and live in your cave and leave Drew Brees alone.

On 10/10/2018 at 9:01 AM, Dnaguy said:

Probably been covered.

What if Mackovic had recruited Brees and then Brees saves his terrible 1997 team and Mackovic never gets fired. Woah. Mind blown.

What if Mackovic had recruited Brees and then Brees saves his terrible 1997 team and Mackovic never gets fired. Woah. Mind blown.

With Bobby Jack Wright as the defensive coordinator, Mackovic was always gonna get fired. We were getting blown away in recruiting, especially on defense.

Oh, and Mackovic would have put Brees in a complicated, pro-style offense with 7-step drops. Mackovic wanted big guys like Richard Walton and the “Big Donkey” Adam Dunn. Brees would not have had the success he had in Tiller’s spread offense.

• 1 month later...