2017-18 Spurs Thread: Probably no buckets for Kawhi

Radical Larry

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

True, SA isn't very good (relative to previous years), but the Clips are awful--a collection of garbage parts that Doc is somehow coaching up. What was the stat they ran toward the end--Clips were 0-9 against playoff teams since late January?

Yea, definitely very disappointing especially considering they're missing so many parts, but the Spurs aren't very good..... 41 points given up in the 4th quarter.  That's definitely a choke job.  Pop should tear into his guys.

• Like 1

The last few minutes of that debacle were reminiscent of several other road disasters. Utah in particular comes to mind. Just a decidedly unfunny comedy of errors that grasped defeat from the jaws of victory. That said, I'll give Harris and the LAC guards credit for making a bunch of big shots. We could have used a couple more of those ourselves. If only we had a certain all-NBA small forward on the court. 

Edited by Gut Wagon

Tonight vs the Lakers.  They're missing Ball, IT3 and most likely Ingram.  Can we beat a team simply playing out their string or are we going to choke another one away on the road?  

Need to shoot better than 33% from 3.  

If we get this one, then we get 2 days to recover before playing a Blazers team who will probably be without Lillard and Sac-town, both at home.  If we can man up, we could win the next 3 and probably cement our seed before the finale.

10 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Never underestimate this team’s ability to shit the bed in a road game. Wouldn’t surprise me if Pop holds out a few since it’s a back to back.

I think I'd like to see Brandon Paul get some run tonight. Fresh legs, and we need some aggressiveness on the offensive end. 

http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/danny-green-on-kawhi-leonard-no-one-that-is-at-odds-with-him

Danny Green on Kawhi Leonard: 'No one that is at odds with him'

San Antonio Spurs guard Danny Green was a guest on Fox Sports' Chris Broussard’s “In the Zone” podcast recently where the obvious topic of the Spurs and Kawhi Leonard was discussed.

By now, you know what is going on with Kawhi, his quad injury, and a reported rift between the two sides.

However, Green shed some light on the situation saying there's nothing to worry about.

The one person who knows is Kawhi Leonard.

He had a set-back. He had a couple of set-backs. He's still in pain.

We all text him. We're in touch with him. He's still a very much part of this group, this team. We still have his back.

From the team's perspective, there is no one that is at odds with him."

There you have it Spurs fans. No beef.

Green went on to say no one knows and not even Kawhi knows what is going on with his injury but did say Kawhi is still with the team, teaching the young players in practice and being involved.

Good to see Danny settling things down a bit and making it clear there is no ill-will with the Spurs, players and Kawhi.

Edited by hornfan785

14 minutes ago, hornfan785 said:

http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/danny-green-on-kawhi-leonard-no-one-that-is-at-odds-with-him

Danny Green on Kawhi Leonard: 'No one that is at odds with him'

San Antonio Spurs guard Danny Green was a guest on Fox Sports' Chris Broussard’s “In the Zone” podcast recently where the obvious topic of the Spurs and Kawhi Leonard was discussed.

By now, you know what is going on with Kawhi, his quad injury, and a reported rift between the two sides.

However, Green shed some light on the situation saying there's nothing to worry about.

There you have it Spurs fans. No beef.

Green went on to say no one knows and not even Kawhi knows what is going on with his injury but did say Kawhi is still with the team, teaching the young players in practice and being involved.

Good to see Danny settling things down a bit and making it clear there is no ill-will with the Spurs, players and Kawhi.

Danny's been a constant in supporting Kawhi and I give him credit.  However, if the injury is as mysterious as it appears.... there's no way in hell I'm offering the super max before I see him on the court in a pro game and back to his previous self.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

At least they get right down to business choking these days. I mean, the fourth quarter starts and they immediately surrender the six-point lead they established by outscoring the Lakers in every previous period.

With experience, efficiency. These guys are becoming pro at choking.