2017-18 Spurs Thread: Probably no buckets for Kawhi

Radical Larry

9 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Then they wouldn't get Kawhi..... Someone is going to give a good young player (future AS potential), lottery pick, and rotational player.  Frankly, it'll probably be more.

No doubt, I don't think the Spurs would make a move without one of Brown and Tatum. 

13 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

I feel better not speculating about a trade at this point. Don’t want to even consider it. Well, unless maybe the trade is for Giannis or Simmons. Just no more Richard Jeffersons.  

It would suck to lose Kawhi but I would be pretty excited for that Celtics scenario. Tatum and Brown are really good. Swing in a lottery pick with someone like Rozier, that's a home run for the Spurs IMO. 

18 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

In terms of our roster or based on their game? 

I would prefer Tatum. Tatum is averaging 13.9 points, 5.1 rebounds, 1.6 assists as a 20 year old. He's going to be really good. 

I agree although Brown is very good..... I prefer Tatum and reportedly, his approach is more "Spurs like".  Again, this is way too early speculation with absolutely no foundation but since the conversation is being had.  We probably wouldn't get both although the C's are going to have spend some of that capital.....

8 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I agree although Brown is very good..... I prefer Tatum and reportedly, his approach is more "Spurs like".  Again, this is way too early speculation with absolutely no foundation but since the conversation is being had.  We probably wouldn't get both although the C's are going to have spend some of that capital.....

Oh, there's no way we would get both Tatum and Brown.

11 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Oh, there's no way we would get both Tatum and Brown.

Then there would be no trade. They’re both good young players,  but if you have a chance to get Kawhi you go for it. Personally, I think they’re targeting Anthony Davis, but they’re going to have to give up a shit ton for both players.

23 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Then there would be no trade. They’re both good young players,  but if you have a chance to get Kawhi you go for it. Personally, I think they’re targeting Anthony Davis, but they’re going to have to give up a shit ton for both players.

The problem is Kawhi hasn't played all year because of an injury. A Tatum, Rozier and a couple draft picks package would be a "shit ton". Kawhi's value isn't where it was last year. 

There's a lot of potential trades out there that I think would interest the Spurs. They apparently wanted Josh Jackson really bad in last year's draft. Jackson, plus the #1 overall pick, plus another first round pick, plus another swing type player would probably be enticing. 

Edited by texasstrong12

1 hour ago, Hate said:

I can’t believe it’s April and we are talking about trading Kawhi instead of what seed we are in the playoffs. This is fucked up and I don’t like it at all.

Right there with you. If you'd predicted our current situation a year ago, I would've said you're insane, trolling, or both.

Tonight is the first night I've had a chance to watch the Spurs on TV this year. Like a lot of fans, in the past I've really dog on my  Ginobili but my God watching him play tonight is one of the most painful things I've ever done. It is really sad he still has so much heart but the legs just won't carry and very far. Spurs fan for life

Tobias Harris charges into Manu, but of course it's an and-one for Harris. A couple of possessions later, DeAndre Jordan is holding the ball with one foot out of bounds but somehow the Clips are awarded a timeout.

Meanwhile, on the other end of the court, Danny misses a WIDE-open trey (what else?) and, a couple of possessions after, turns it over.

GSG? 

Pretty terrible loss.... I'd be more critical, but this isn't a very good team.  The difficult thing this year is we miss open 3 pointers...... all the fucking time.  It's not that we don't get open looks, it's guys that used to drain them in the past, don't make them anymore and our young guys can't shoot.  

Need another scorer in the offseason, but definitely need another shooter.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Pretty terrible loss.... I'd be more critical, but this isn't a very good team.

True, SA isn't very good (relative to previous years), but the Clips are awful--a collection of garbage parts that Doc is somehow coaching up. What was the stat they ran toward the end--Clips were 0-9 against playoff teams since late January?