10/21 AP Top 25 Poll... Texas is #6

The Tower

11 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

I'll admit, I chuckled a bit when I saw the ranking, but then I looked at what was ranked behind and realized none of those other teams probably deserved to be ranked ahead so it's probably about right.  If you're gonna lose, lose early.

Also Texas has the wins. Are they the 6th best team in the country?  Probably not. Do they have the 6th best resume right now? Can't really argue against it.

1 hour ago, Chad said:

Kentucky is a joke, their offense is abysmal.

I'm glad Washington St moved up, I've always been a fan of Mike Leach. If they didn't drop a close one to USC they'd be 7-0 and in the top 10.

That Ohio st loss helped Texas out tremendously. Let's hope the Trojans knock off Notre Dame.

Northwestern or Syracuse have a better shot than USC.

5 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Also Texas has the wins. Are they the 6th best team in the country?  Probably not. Do they have the 6th best resume right now? Can't really argue against it.

lulz, the way they play in big games, Texas could beat every team around them right now except Bama.

No intent to diminish the Longhorns' accomplishments this year, but I can't help thinking the ranking is a bit high considering how Texas struggled against a couple teams, including a mediocre Maryland team, and had late game issues against OU and Baylor.  Doubt will be all but erased if the Horns crush OSU and beat WVU handily.

This, Texas is having a great season, but winning out is definitely not a given. WVU and Tech and the possible rematch with Mobilehoma will be a somewhat tall order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Michigan pulled a little further ahead of us. When do they have a bye week?
looking ahead, if Texas and wvu both win next week, then Texas beats wvu while LSU loses to Alabama, Texas moves to 5, or could they jump Michigan to 4 with another top 15 win?  
Also, will the cfp ranking be anywhere close to the AP?
its nice to think about things other than how we get to 6 wins for a bowl and more practice.  

Michigan is going to lose a game or two down the stretch, I wouldn’t worry about them

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Shmitty said:

This, Texas is having a great season, but winning out is definitely not a given. WVU and Tech and the possible rematch with Mobilehoma will be a somewhat tall order.

There isn’t a team out there where winning out is a given.

What a season. I’ll take it right now as would any Texas fan before the season started. Let’s just see what happens. I’m not doubting Texas at this point. Texas can get it done so let’s see if the kids can do it. Hook ‘em.

5 minutes ago, Shmitty said:

Michigan is going to lose a game or two down the stretch, I wouldn’t worry about them

They still @Penn State and Ohio State. It's a given Harbaugh's team will drop another one. With his offense as bad as it is, 2 isn't out of the question either.

Edited by HtownHorn

What a season. I’ll take it right now as would any Texas fan before the season started. Let’s just see what happens. I’m not doubting Texas at this point. Texas can get it done so let’s see if the kids can do it. Hook ‘em.

Texas is still a year away from being “back.” I’d count a 10 win season and a great bowl game as big progress.

• Fuck You 8

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You do whatever the fuck you like, but everyone else is free to get excited. You perpetually reminding readers on this thread that Texas isn’t for real isn’t insightful. Think more and post less. Maybe rehearse your posts to yourself and your mother for a couple of hours to see which ones wash out and which ones might actually bring something to the community. 

He’s probably a cunt.  Best to ignore cunts.  

• Like 2

You do whatever the fuck you like, but everyone else is free to get excited. You perpetually reminding readers on this thread that Texas isn’t for real isn’t insightful. Think more and post less. Maybe rehearse your posts to yourself and your mother for a couple of hours to see which ones wash out and which ones might actually bring something to the community. 

Take your own advice

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

Just now, Shmitty said:

Only to those who ask for it. And you act shocked by my response? Maybe take a look in the mirror for once.

Only because you’re a little bitch...I’m too drunk to emulate ctj and really excoriate you today.  I mean if you want I can sober up and type up a whole manifesto on your cuntiness.  The choice is your’s dumbfuck.

1 hour ago, Shmitty said:

Texas is still a year away from being “back.” I’d count a 10 win season and a great bowl game as big progress.

I'm not sure we're for real either but 10 wins and a great bowl game is the definition of being "back".  Your standards are too high or you're just looking for excuses to be negative

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Shmitty said:

Take your own advice

I think the issue for you is that you’re insipid. It might be a core DNA problem, which means there’s not a fix. I’m hopeful that some practice with a loved one might help though.

I don’t give much of a shit if a poster is terrific or terrible, so long as they’re either entertaining or innocuous. You’re neither. You pack volume with your mediocre style, and it winds up just looming over threads like an unclaimed fart in an elevator. My only ask was really just some well thought out rehearsal and maybe taking 3-6 months off before trying again. You’ve got the energy, now focus your commitment. 

26 minutes ago, Viper said:

I'm not sure we're for real either but 10 wins and a great bowl game is the definition of being "back".  Your standards are too high or you're just looking for excuses to be negative

Not trying to be negative.  My definition of being "back" for Texas is to the level of the teams in the 2005 and 2008 level teams.  Yes, Texs fans should just enjoy it for what it is.  That's ia  healthier and more fun perspective to have of the season or any season really, but I hold Texas to a higher standard due to its available resources and capability.    They should be contending each year for the CFP, no reason they shouldn't.  Can't do anything about the mess Mack left the program in, it's water under the bridge and it's only year 2, while year 3 was the timetable.  

• Fuck You 3

2 hours ago, Shmitty said:

Not trying to be negative.  My definition of being "back" for Texas is to the level of the teams in the 2005 and 2008 level teams.  Yes, Texs fans should just enjoy it for what it is.  That's ia  healthier and more fun perspective to have of the season or any season really, but I hold Texas to a higher standard due to its available resources and capability.    They should be contending each year for the CFP, no reason they shouldn't.  Can't do anything about the mess Mack left the program in, it's water under the bridge and it's only year 2, while year 3 was the timetable.  

We had QB and coaching problems and we already know man and lived through that shit for an eternity. We just enjoying our young team's performance and well-deserved recognition.

4 hours ago, Dropout said:

Just think if we would have taken care of business with Maryland.....................

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1