10/21 AP Top 25 Poll... Texas is #6

The Tower

Its stupid but I can guarantee Mack thinks he's helping out Herman with the players getting complacent with the ranking and "eating the cheese".  when we beat OU for the second time, we will have exorcised the demons completely.  I'm not sure we will make the playoff but we will beat them.

I know I'm in the minority but this could be the year a two loss team gets in. I know it's highly unlikely but it could fall that way. That's why our loss out of conference is huge because we have a huge game up on all of the big 12 and better chance to at least get to the conf. championship. Hopefully we win out and it wouldn't be a conversation but an undefeated UCF or two loss team that wins their conference title (fill in the blank) would get real interesting. 

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You do whatever the fuck you like, but everyone else is free to get excited. You perpetually reminding readers on this thread that Texas isn’t for real isn’t insightful. Think more and post less. Maybe rehearse your posts to yourself and your mother for a couple of hours to see which ones wash out and which ones might actually bring something to the community. 

You know I’m no fan of the assclown Schmitty, but you could have used your own advice in the Ehlinger thread. 

29 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Its stupid but I can guarantee Mack thinks he's helping out Herman with the players getting complacent with the ranking and "eating the cheese".  when we beat OU for the second time, we will have exorcised the demons completely.  I'm not sure we will make the playoff but we will beat them.

Meh, 6-9 versus Stoops.  It's actually not as bad when you see it like that, or even 7-9 versus OU overall.  It was just that so many of the losses were so fucking awful.  i mean, 6 of those losses were among the worst in the history of the program.  And he was only there for 16 years.  It wasn't just that he was statistically likely to lose to OU, it was that the game itself was gonna make you vomit Sally cookies and make you want to stab a cat.  

Serious question. Why do you or anyone here give a flying fuck about what this guy thinks?
We don't. It's entertainment.

Why do you give a flying fuck why anyone here gives a flying fuck about what this guy thinks aggy boy. You don't like it? Maybe you need to go to hf, it's more your speed, aggy.

15 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Meh, 6-9 versus Stoops.  It's actually not as bad when you see it like that, or even 7-9 versus OU overall.  It was just that so many of the losses were so fucking awful.  i mean, 6 of those losses were among the worst in the history of the program.  And he was only there for 16 years.  It wasn't just that he was statistically likely to lose to OU, it was that the game itself was gonna make you vomit Sally cookies and make you want to stab a cat.  

yeah I know what his record against OU was and I watched all the historic beatings in person as well as the goose egg with Vince Fn Young at QB.  if we get there both 11-1 there will be no one thinking we can beat them.  it will be USC v. the greatest armies in history redux.  

Edited by dcar00

6 hours ago, Simkins Rat said:

No intent to diminish the Longhorns' accomplishments this year, but I can't help thinking the ranking is a bit high considering how Texas struggled against a couple teams, including a mediocre Maryland team, and had late game issues against OU and Baylor.  Doubt will be all but erased if the Horns crush OSU and beat WVU handily.

Other than Alabama, every team has had issues.  I thought Ohio State's defense was going to cost them a game and now it has.  The same thing could happen to almost anyone in the top 10. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:

We don't. It's entertainment.

Why do you give a flying fuck why anyone here gives a flying fuck about what this guy thinks aggy boy. You don't like it? Maybe you need to go to hf, it's more your speed, aggy.

I’m an aggy when I disrespect an aggy ranking...

Go back to your aggy boyfriend’s Mrphlegm aggy and kiss your aggy milkman. Quit being a closet aggy and just admit that you love aggys, aggy.

1 hour ago, Brandywine said:

OU will run up the score on every game they play to help their standing in the polls. They've done it before and it's worked. 

Might be good to rattle the teeth of a couple QBs on tape.  Give the Ewok some pause and let him think about his baseball career if we face him again.

12 hours ago, TKS said:

As an App State fan, I can't believe it. First time ever being ranked.

Didn't read too far into the thread before coming to this. Congrats for App state! Honestly took them way too long to get the recognition they deserve. I don't really care what division or conference they play in they should have been ranked several times at least somewhere in the upper teens to twentys. Not saying they would be a "BCS" buster but, there are a lot of AP ranked teams  who wouldnt want to take  them on right now.

I’m an aggy when I disrespect an aggy ranking...
Go back to your aggy boyfriend’s Mrphlegm aggy and kiss your aggy milkman. Quit being a closet aggy and just admit that you love aggys, aggy.

No, you are all butthurt about us making fun of aggy aggy boy. And when called on it, aggy, you throw in the tu is fhegs aggy argument, aggy.

Yep, you is aggy through and through, aggy, whoop, eh.

Why are you here, back to texags, aggy.

9f7180c917170dcb82f6f48970dfa0bd.jpg7eaa4d8f3db28c2cda5ea174a8269b78.jpg04d6f4b8c1bcf96e8c3dd1963d0322c5.jpgb5cca1c9afa3a6550171441ff543fce7.jpg8fdc856ea8f743bb01763df105c3b9a5.jpgbb1eea9c94489c6c7fcc5dcf91045b3a.gif1acd5ded29e21083c605a27902b3e088.jpg2d59281319a36daa59dd3946865e23ec.jpg322490bb06cf6346649d14f2eee1c5c2.gif

11 hours ago, Lobo said:

You're right that the head to head record wasn't as bad it seemed, partially because of the multiple 40-point blowouts.

But the difference is in Big 12 titles: 2 for Mack, 10 for Stoops

Edited by LonghornSean
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:

No, you are all butthurt about us making fun of aggy aggy boy. And when called on it, aggy, you throw in the tu is fhegs aggy argument, aggy.

Yep, you is aggy through and through, aggy, whoop, eh.

I didn’t realize I was butthurt. You’re schtick of calling everyone aggy is rather aggy. I like the time you dedicate to saving aggy photos, aggy.

You need some new material, but since you’re a little aggy girl, calling everyone an aggy is the only think that works. Get thicker skin, attempt to be intelligent, stop talking to random UT fans and bringing the word aggy around, go back to grandma’s basement.

MrPhlegmAggyGurl

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lobo said:

I stab a cat after every OU game just out of habit.

12 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

You're right that the head to head record wasn't as bad it seemed, partially because of the multiple 40-point blowouts.

Yeah in the years Mack finally beat OU, he had a knack for managing to lose 2 other games to let them back into the CCG anyway

12 hours ago, Tired of Lurking said:

There isn't a single argument anyone can make that would justify Oklahoma being ahead of Texas at this point. None. And fuck anyone who suggests otherwise.

It’s called head to head. That should pretty much solve it when evaluating two teams with the same record. Fuck Mack Brown. 

1 hour ago, LonghornSean said:

That was the greatest trick the Mack ever pulled,  convincing longhorn nation that conference hardware didn’t matter .    We went from a fan base that couldn’t stop talking about all at Southwest conference championships ,  to horn fans in every other message board declaring the conference titles didn’t matter ,  it was about Holiday bowl’s and 10 win seasons.

I’ll never understand how he pulled it off

Just win baby. #1 vs #4 play this weekend. Preferably, you want Bama to win to put LSU to 2 losses. Because Bama losing, we know Bama still gets the benefit of the doubt. They are the only team who is not required to win not only their conference, but their own division to get to a playoff.

Given Shane's known issues and limits, Sam's health being up in the air, and the prospect of a night game at Stillwater, it's becoming harder and harder to see us winning (plus teams in rumoured turmoil always seem to play better against us for whatever reason).

Next weekend might prove to be a much bigger test that we realize. Without Sam (or even with a limited Sam) it becomes a lot easier to gameplan against our offense, and it'll once again fall on the shoulders of our defense to carry us to a win. Honestly if we can get past OK. State I'll be a lot more confident against West Virginia the following week.

31 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Given Shane's known issues and limits, Sam's health being up in the air, and the prospect of a night game at Stillwater, it's becoming harder and harder to see us winning (plus teams in rumoured turmoil always seem to play better against us for whatever reason).

Next weekend might prove to be a much bigger test that we realize. Without Sam (or even with a limited Sam) it becomes a lot easier to gameplan against our offense, and it'll once again fall on the shoulders of our defense to carry us to a win. Honestly if we can get past OK. State I'll be a lot more confident against West Virginia the following week.

You sound scared to death.  Need a cookie?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, satyanash said:

This is the satya we know and tolerate. The good uncut stuff. Mmhmm.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

In what bizarro world is aggy's victory over a 4-4 LA Monroe just as good as a victory over a 6-1 OU.  He should just rank them alphabetically, it would mean just as much.

Well our loss to 4-3 Maryland is the same as aggy's losses to undefeated Bama and Clemson so I think we can all have grievances here.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Well our loss to 4-3 Maryland is the same as aggy's losses to undefeated Bama and Clemson so I think we can all have grievances here.

Aggy hasn't beaten anybody, even if you include their win against UK. We beat ou, who is a good team. They can bitch about their losses being better all they want. That's what happens when you leave a conference, fuck that a DIVISION, you couldn't win to the same division as 2 Top 10 teams. Haven't they seen this go down before? Bama/LSU are their new Texas/ou. The best they can hope for is to be a "Texas Tech" or an "Oklahoma State" from time to time. In our decade of suckage they got a Heisman and a win vs. Bama in the regular season. That's the pinnacle of their "100 year decision" thus far.

An aggy doesn't lie, cheat or steal...unless it's regarding text on a stadium wall.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

jason galloway appears to be high.  also, it really sucks we only have one voter affiliated with the school and that voter has to be kurt.

As has been mentioned earlier, Galloway is apparently only affiliated with Wisco because he works at the Wisconsin State Journal. He's a Bama guy.

1 minute ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

His ballot is the extreme outlier on a significant number of teams.

He upvotes SEC teams more than any other voter.   It's weird, Bama fans always tell us that they don't give two shits about the rest of the conference, yet this guy is a Bama alum and was born and raised there.