So we can start giving our redshirt freshmen minutes now, right?

perfectchaos007

With a maximum of 3 games left to our season, the new redshirt rules should allow any freshmen who haven’t played yet to keep their redshirt even if they play in the last 3 games. I think there are some freshmen like Brennan Eagles who I’de like to see in a series or two if the opportunity arises. I’m interested to see if players who are redshirting this season see some more playing time in the last few games. Or not.

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

With a maximum of 3 games left to our season, the new redshirt rules should allow any freshmen who haven’t played yet to keep their redshirt even if they play in the last 3 games. I think there are some freshmen like Brennan Eagles who I’de like to see in a series or two if the opportunity arises. I’m interested to see if players who are redshirting this season see some more playing time in the last few games. Or not.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Eagles already appeared in more than 4 games so no 2018 Redshirt available for him.

Check Machinator link a few posts earlier (Texas Roster 2018) for thread on Redshirt status including a great excel spreadsheet that shows games played thus far.

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

I expect a lot will get playing time if we go up early against Kansas.

Nice that we’ve only played DBs and WRs other than Ingram, Ossai and the kickers so far.

Feels good not to be starting true freshman on the lines finally.

Injuries are inevitable accross the league so Depth is important. Feels good to finally have it so we don’t have to rely on many frosh like we have in the past

5 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

We've ended 2 games up by more than 2 TDs and our backup QB had zero minutes in those two games.  If Sam stayed healthy Shane would literally have zero minutes on the year.  If he won't play the backup QB why would he play the redshirts.  

Shane likely wants to transfer, so a little different situation than the others.

8 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

We've ended 2 games up by more than 2 TDs and our backup QB had zero minutes in those two games.  If Sam stayed healthy Shane would literally have zero minutes on the year.  If he won't play the backup QB why would he play the redshirts.  

Because it’s obvious that Shane is going to “redshirt” and transfer and they didn’t want to waste his 4 free games on garbage time.

1 hour ago, TKthunder2 said:

I expect a lot will get playing time if we go up early against Kansas.

Nice that we’ve only played DBs and WRs other than Ingram, Ossai and the kickers so far.

Feels good not to be starting true freshman on the lines finally.

I hope this is correct. I'd like to see Rising and Thompson each get a couple of series if we're in a position to do that against Kansas. I also wouldn't mind seeing what Mike Williams has learned about playing DE just because I thought he was one of our more promising under-the-radar recruits. If this kid learns how to break blocks and get a quick first step off the snap, look the fuck out.

5 minutes ago, Xian said:

Nah. Every game now on is must win brah. 

We're only talking about it happening if we somehow go up big on KU. However, knowing this team and their amazing ability to play up and down to their competition, it's unfortunately probably a lot more likely that it'll be another nail biter.