State lawmaker files bill to require annual football game between UT and Texas A&M

bolverk

Fuck aggy and all, but we really need to setup another sweet Thanksgiving rivalry. 

Maybe Notre Dame?

(we can learn from their Independenceness) 

I would rather schedule Arkansas. I always thought they were LSU’s thanksgiving weekend game? But i guess that changed when aggy joined? If other SEC schools can schedule non conference rival games on Thanksgiving weekend, they should let Arky do the same. I don’t think the rivalry with Arkansas was as intense as ours with OU sucks especially in more recent matchups. But it was pretty intense in the SWC days when conference was on the line in the 60’s and 70’s.

14 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Ohio State plays Michigan that weekend. Do you watch college football? Most big programs have rivals they play on Thanksgiving weekend and have for a long time.

Ah fuck I forgot. Usually I'm in Gainsville or Tallahassee to watch my Gators. That's exactly the type of awesome yearly rivalry game I'd like for the Horns.

I'm just trying to think of some good OOC teams that we've got some history playing against that would be a fun Turkey day matchup..

Maybe Nebraska if they get good under Frost? Maybe a Pac12 team like UCLA or something. 

On 11/27/2018 at 6:33 PM, TexasEd said:

I don't think there have been any bonefire deaths since the game stopped being played.  The bonfire caused aggy deaths, think of the children.

Prior to reading this, I thought there was no good reason to play them again.  May need to rethink it now.

19 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Ah fuck I forgot. Usually I'm in Gainsville or Tallahassee to watch my Gators. That's exactly the type of awesome yearly rivalry game I'd like for the Horns.

I'm just trying to think of some good OOC teams that we've got some history playing against that would be a fun Turkey day matchup..

Maybe Nebraska if they get good under Frost? Maybe a Pac12 team like UCLA or something. 

OOC games on Thanksgiving are tough to arrange because they disrupt conference schedules.

56 minutes ago, Machinator said:

OOC games on Thanksgiving are tough to arrange because they disrupt conference schedules.

Well, maybe we can get a tradition goin with WVU. They seem like fun. Their fans were doing horns down while they were playing OU, we're in their head. 

3 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Those links are fabrications by the sip-demon.  Conjured in shadowland and pimped as fake news by the BOMC.  Fake News!!!

You know, something else that's pretty funny about that whole deal ... aggy says we're scared to play 'em, but when they turned us down, who did we fill that slot with? Bama. 

So we're afraid of aggy, but not Alabama? Yeah. Okaayyyyy...

10 minutes ago, wood said:

You know, something else that's pretty funny about that whole deal ... aggy says we're scared to play 'em, but when they turned us down, who did we fill that slot with? Bama. 

So we're afraid of aggy, but not Alabama? Yeah. Okaayyyyy...

They were saying last year that UT were pulling strings to make sure they would not get matched up with either A&M or Missouri in the Texas Bowl. All sorts of bizarre things happen in their imagination.

7 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

They were saying last year that UT were pulling strings to make sure they would not get matched up with either A&M or Missouri in the Texas Bowl. All sorts of bizarre things happen in their imagination.

They have a deep rooted aversion to, if not outright disdain for, the truth.

Fuck the code...

The problem is..for people like me who grew up thru the 80's the Aggie game did become way more than it should have been as a UT fan because growing up in East Texas all I heard was how great Aggies were AND they owned UT on the scoreboard. I really started getting into football in 84 and I did not see a win over Aggies until 90 and then not again till 95 only 5 times between 84-2000....During that time UT beat OU as much as they beat UT..I think Horns were like 8-7-1 from 84-2000 against OU....So my generation of UT fans grew up with Aggie being the bigger rival than OU. 
Wat?

We played aggy. Who are these "Aggies" you speak of?