State lawmaker files bill to require annual football game between UT and Texas A&M

bolverk

I really don't give a fuck about the whole label thing.  it's petty as fuck...or...just aggy as hell.

They are who the fucking world knows they are.  judging from this thread with the folks wanting to re-engage with the fucking idiots; many people have already forgotten what a fucking beating it is when aggy is around...cept for the scoreboard.

I have come around on this bill and with a FEW, small changes which could be added as a rider on the bill, the 86th Legislature of the Great State of Texas should debate and then, pass a revised bill.

First since our beloved University of Texas is the dominant school by every, conceivable relevant measure, the game needs to be played in Austin on a pro-rata percentage basis equal to the won- loss record between the two schools.  

In addition, any and all revenue generated by the game is to be split on a pro rata basis on the same percentage as the won - loss record between the schools.

The record is currently 76 - 37 - 5. That means, Texas has won 64% of the time. 

With regard to the site of the game, that means we would play in Austin 2 out of every 3 years.

Texas would also be paid 64% of the revenue generated by the game.

These percentages would of course change over the years and aggy would have the opportunity to even both the situs of the game and the revenue simply by winning. At the same time, since aggy is so proud of their history and "turditions," this formula would recognize and honor the past accomplishments and history of both universities.

Oh and of course, all games are to be televised on the Longhorn Network.

With those slight, relatively minor changes, I could get behind this bill.

Otherwise ... "Fuck 'em and Feed 'em Fish Heads."

29 minutes ago, slorch said:

many people have already forgotten what a fucking beating it is when aggy is around...cept for the scoreboard.

That’s my position. Back in the late 90’s Mack Brown wanted to get a feel for the culture and he asked a simple question: “Who would you rather beat: Oklahoma or Texas A&M?”

My answer to that question has always been “Oklahoma is the team that you want to beat, Texas A&M is the team that you cannot afford to lose to.”

Seriously, there’s no real upside in beating aggy. They’re historically a Tier 2 team, despite what their deluded fan base thinks about it, they’re goofy as fuck, and they talk more shit to Texas fans when they win than OU fans do when in the identical situation. It’s probably because beating Texas is a foreign concept to aggies, but still, they’re too fucking loud for the caliber program that they are. All you want to do when you play them is to quiet them.

With OU? Beating them is a euphoric occasion, and they’ll tell you the same damn thing when they speak of beating Texas. So to the person who said that the majority of Texas fans want to see the rivalry resumed, show the evidence. Seriously, who are these people? To the extent they even exist, it’d be very few and they’d be people whose formative years were the 1980’s when aggy was cheating their way to victories over and over. What those people don’t get is that the 1980’s were a historic aberration. Besides, we more than sufficiently corrected the error in the 2000’s. To quote Kylo Ren, let this past die.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, hpslugga said:

That’s my position. Back in the late 90’s Mack Brown wanted to get a feel for the culture and he asked a simple question: “Who would you rather beat: Oklahoma or Texas A&M?”

My answer to that question has always been “Oklahoma is the team that you want to beat, Texas A&M is the team that you cannot afford to lose to.”

Seriously, there’s no real upside in beating aggy. They’re historically a Tier 2 team, despite what their deluded fan base thinks about it, they’re goofy as fuck, and they talk more shit to Texas fans when they win than OU fans do when in the identical situation. It’s probably because beating Texas is a foreign concept to aggies, but still, they’re too fucking loud for the caliber program that they are. All you want to do when you play them is to quiet them.

With OU? Beating them is a euphoric occasion, and they’ll tell you the same damn thing when they speak of beating Texas. So to the person who said that the majority of Texas fans want to see the rivalry resumed, show the evidence. Seriously, who are these people? To the extent they even exist, it’d be very few and they’d be people whose formative years were the 1980’s when aggy was cheating their way to victories over and over. What those people don’t get is that the 1980’s were a historic aberration. Besides, we more than sufficiently corrected the error in the 2000’s. To quote Kylo Ren, let this past die.

Shit, man, aggy talks more shit to us when they lose than when other schools beat us. Fucking aggy family across the street still talks shit like they have scoreboard, the series record, acts like we ran from them & are scared to play them, etc. Like you say, all you wanna do is beat 'em to shut 'em up, but that never works.

Slorch and most other folks in here are right. Playing those assholes is just a beating and really a no-win proposition. Even when you beat 'em, they're gonna act like you didn't, so what's the fucking point? I'm amazed at how short some of the memories here are.

Edited by wood
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, closetojumping said:

This is revisionist history. People wax poetic about days gone by in every society and, unfortunately, part of what we have to be tortured with in this country is the hyperbolic nature in which sports fans and sports media take nostalgia to a higher fucking level.

Most years, the Texas vs ATM game was not highly rated. It got kicked severely in the nuts by the addition of the NFL Thursday night game. It was beaten up by ATM not being able to be on fucking television because of cheating at different times in the 80's and 90's. Mostly, the game was not competitive.

What you wound up with was a bunch of aggie shittalking leading into the game, then Texas buttfucking the Aggies in public with tv ratings doing nothing special, and then aggie neighbors, coworkers, and online trolls running off and fucking hiding until they got amnesia about 270 days later. Then rinse and repeat.

After two or three years of this game returning, it would be relegated right back to "sure, it's a 'rivalry' game, but 10-1 Texas should and will roll the scrappy 6-5 ATM squad" and then Texas will win by double digits, and the nation will yawn and pass out with Thanksgiving gravy stains on their shirts. 

Awesome post sir...

Fuck Aggy. They tucked their tail and ran. Why should they get to benefit by playing us every year? We mean everything to them. They mean zero to us, though. OU is our rival. Not fucking Aggy. Playing them on a home and home every 2 or 3 decades? Sure. Every year? Fuck no. We gain nothing from that game. They gain everything as does the SEC from a recruiting standpoint. Aggy can sell it to future recruits that they play in the SECSECSEC every year and get to play their big brother. No one gives a shit about playing Aggy. They are a middle of the road nobody. Their weird backwards culture is what gives them their "hype".

• Like 2

17 hours ago, closetojumping said:

This is revisionist history. People wax poetic about days gone by in every society and, unfortunately, part of what we have to be tortured with in this country is the hyperbolic nature in which sports fans and sports media take nostalgia to a higher fucking level.

Most years, the Texas vs ATM game was not highly rated. It got kicked severely in the nuts by the addition of the NFL Thursday night game. It was beaten up by ATM not being able to be on fucking television because of cheating at different times in the 80's and 90's. Mostly, the game was not competitive.

What you wound up with was a bunch of aggie shittalking leading into the game, then Texas buttfucking the Aggies in public with tv ratings doing nothing special, and then aggie neighbors, coworkers, and online trolls running off and fucking hiding until they got amnesia about 270 days later. Then rinse and repeat.

After two or three years of this game returning, it would be relegated right back to "sure, it's a 'rivalry' game, but 10-1 Texas should and will roll the scrappy 6-5 ATM squad" and then Texas will win by double digits, and the nation will yawn and pass out with Thanksgiving gravy stains on their shirts. 

Didn't see this earlier, but yeah, all of this.

Again, if the genesis of your experience with the UT vs. TAMU series is the mid-1980's, you've a distorted frame of reference. There are people older than that who remember the period of 1957-1976 where Texas had one coach who lost to those inbreds a grand total of 3 times. They remember only losing to them once in the 1960's and thrice in the 1970's. That's 20 years of football where one team won 16 of the 20 contests. That's not really a rivalry, especially when the team that won the 16 already had a mammoth lead in the total series history. And there are people whose frame of reference of this series began in 1995, which coincidentally establishes the exact same impression.

But if you started watching this series in 1984, you don't remember that. What you remember is losing to those sheepfuckers 10 out of the next 11 years, and you also remember Texas fans rushing Kyle Field after the 1995 game as if it was a David-Kills-Goliath moment in the series. 

Go ahead and look. Other than the 1980's and 1990's, in which decade does Texas A&M even split Texas?

1920's: 5-4-1 UT
1930's: 5-4-1 UT
1940's: 9-0-1 UT
1950's: 8-2-0 UT
1960's: 9-1-0 UT
1970's: 7-3-0 UT
2000's: 8-2-0 UT
2010's: 1-1-0 AHA! THERE IT IS!!!

To argue otherwise is to suggest you adhere to the aggy mythology of this series, which is that what happened between 1984-1994 is all that needs to be examined in order to establish that school in College Station as, as Branding Iron 13-0 used to phrase it, "daddy A&M." Well, it's not and the rest of the country knows that. They knew that A&M had to cheat its ass off to establish any sort of upper-hand, and that's exactly why the image of the gravy stains described by CTJ is 100% accurate.

Edited by hpslugga

CrispImpassionedHorsefly-max-1mb.gif

27-25. Choke on on it, aggy.  Then choke on it again and again into eternity.  I hope we never play those regards again. Ever.

This "lawmaker" can go fuck a sheep.  Didn't CDC offer aggy a H&H, to which aggy did what aggy does best: run away and bleat lies? His school ran away to get its fudge packed by a new daddy. 

Edited by Dutch
  • Like 2

The heck with this nonsense.  aggy claims their non conference schedule  was filled with more challenging teams like Texas State, Lamar, Abilene Christian, New Mexico and Kent State as well as teams to be named later who want a paycheck in November during SEC Cupcake week.     Maybe Sul Ross or Wayland Baptist will be available?  

Fuck EVER playing those assholes again....As others have stated, TEXAS does not win even when beating them now that they are in SEC SUXX. Opens up recruiting more for them and more importantly, the SEC. Our rival has always been blowU and they are the little bitch brother that needs to be put down when he starts mouthing off. They finally (with much help from officials) have a win at home and now they think their shit doesn't stink. We have offered to play them and they turned it down, we offered them to be partners in a network which they turned down and it THEN  became the LHN (which could be done much better, but let's not get off topic). UT has reached out and done things with and FOR them (Bonfire) and they repeatedly have thrown shit (literally) at us.

FUCK this regarded lawmaker, Fuck their milkmen, Fuck their fake army bullshit, Fuck Jackie Sherrill, and Fuck their 12th man that never played.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, wood said:

Shit, man, aggy talks more shit to us when they lose than when other schools beat us. Fucking aggy family across the street still talks shit like they have scoreboard, the series record, acts like we ran from them & are scared to play them, etc. Like you say, all you wanna do is beat 'em to shut 'em up, but that never works.

Slorch and most other folks in here are right. Playing those assholes is just a beating and really a no-win proposition. Even when you beat 'em, they're gonna act like you didn't, so what's the fucking point? I'm amazed at how short some of the memories here are.

Get drunk and burn them out.

Image result for burning house gif

Fuck aggy!!! My son was born in Louisiana and was torn b/t going to UT or LSU (Tigers being his second favorite school).

It came down to Grandpa, who played FB for the Horns from 60-63, and all he told him was, you can go to any school you want to and I’ll love you still. If you chose aggy, I’ll still love you, but just a little less.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

Doesn't seem that out there to me. Both schools are arms of the state. The annual game was a significant and longstanding piece of Texas' culture, thoroughly enjoyed and anticipated by many citizens of our state. For many people, watching or going to that game is central in their memories of spending Thanksgiving with loved ones. Putting on that game was a benefit these two public universities bestowed on the state for a hundred years, and they stopped doing it over some bruised egos and a few million bucks. I really don't see why it's outrageous at all for the legislature to step in and tell both schools to get over themselves and make with the football already.

The Surly and TexAgs contingents are always against it, but ordinary fans and Texans in general liked the game, they're annoyed it went away and they'd like it to come back. Most people don't give a shit about which side started this slap fight, or whether one team "deserves" to play the other, or who's scared to play or any of that. 

Yeah that's totally what he should be doing with his time.  He should have to pay back money for every minute he spent on that. 

“The goals of the flagship are to be the best public university academically, and also in athletics.   Associating with A&M in any way, does nothing to further either of those goals.”

-(then) System Chancellor, Bill McRaven 

4 hours ago, hpslugga said:

Didn't see this earlier, but yeah, all of this.

Again, if the genesis of your experience with the UT vs. TAMU series is the mid-1980's, you've a distorted frame of reference. There are people older than that who remember the period of 1957-1976 where Texas had one coach who lost to those inbreds a grand total of 3 times. They remember only losing to them once in the 1960's and thrice in the 1970's. That's 20 years of football where one team won 16 of the 20 contests. That's not really a rivalry, especially when the team that won the 16 already had a mammoth lead in the total series history. And there are people whose frame of reference of this series began in 1995, which coincidentally establishes the exact same impression.

But if you started watching this series in 1984, you don't remember that. What you remember is losing to those sheepfuckers 10 out of the next 11 years, and you also remember Texas fans rushing Kyle Field after the 1995 game as if it was a David-Kills-Goliath moment in the series. 

Go ahead and look. Other than the 1980's and 1990's, in which decade does Texas A&M even split Texas?

1920's: 5-4-1 UT
1930's: 5-4-1 UT
1940's: 9-0-1 UT
1950's: 8-2-0 UT
1960's: 9-1-0 UT
1970's: 7-3-0 UT
2000's: 8-2-0 UT
2010's: 1-1-0 AHA! THERE IT IS!!!

To argue otherwise is to suggest you adhere to the aggy mythology of this series, which is that what happened between 1984-1994 is all that needs to be examined in order to establish that school in College Station as, as Branding Iron 13-0 used to phrase it, "daddy A&M." Well, it's not and the rest of the country knows that. They knew that A&M had to cheat its ass off to establish any sort of upper-hand, and that's exactly why the image of the gravy stains described by CTJ is 100% accurate.

The problem is..for people like me who grew up thru the 80's the Aggie game did become way more than it should have been as a UT fan because growing up in East Texas all I heard was how great Aggies were AND they owned UT on the scoreboard. I really started getting into football in 84 and I did not see a win over Aggies until 90 and then not again till 95 only 5 times between 84-2000....During that time UT beat OU as much as they beat UT..I think Horns were like 8-7-1 from 84-2000 against OU....So my generation of UT fans grew up with Aggie being the bigger rival than OU. 

Edited by txbroadcaster

6 hours ago, Dutch said:

CrispImpassionedHorsefly-max-1mb.gif

27-25. Choke on on it, aggy.  Then choke on it again and again into eternity.  I hope we never play those regards again. Ever.

This "lawmaker" can go fuck a sheep.  Didn't CDC offer aggy a H&H, to which aggy did what aggy does best: run away and bleat lies? His school ran away to get its fudge packed by a new daddy. 

I guess I haven't heard about this story too much ... or maybe I did & just forgot 'cause old. Anybody have more detail?

What would we gain beating aggy at the end of the year when conference championship games are being determined and teams are trying to make a final statement for bowl selection? I remember Mack catching shit in 2004 politicking for a BCS bowl berth over Cal and Texas fans having to point out that we dropped in some poll voters' rankings after beating aggy by double digits in the final regular season game. Unless you wanna brag about beating aggy (lol) there's nothing to gain.

6 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

The heck with this nonsense.  aggy claims their non conference schedule  was filled with more challenging teams like Texas State, Lamar, Abilene Christian, New Mexico and Kent State as well as teams to be named later who want a paycheck in November during SEC Cupcake week.     Maybe Sul Ross or Wayland Baptist will be available?

Sul Ross.  That would be goald.

4 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Fuck EVER playing those assholes again....As others have stated, TEXAS does not win even when beating them now that they are in SEC SUXX. Opens up recruiting more for them and more importantly, the SEC. Our rival has always been blowU and they are the little bitch brother that needs to be put down when he starts mouthing off. They finally (with much help from officials) have a win at home and now they think their shit doesn't stink. We have offered to play them and they turned it down, we offered them to be partners in a network which they turned down and it THEN  became the LHN (which could be done much better, but let's not get off topic). UT has reached out and done things with and FOR them (Bonfire) and they repeatedly have thrown shit (literally) at us.

FUCK this regarded lawmaker, Fuck their milkmen, Fuck their fake army bullshit, Fuck Jackie Sherrill, and Fuck their 12th man that never played.

All of this, plus they take 1/3rd of our money every year, and spend it on donkeykong krogers, stairs to nowhere, and halls of air.  The note on their stadium is bigger than the endowment for the collieville institution.  Bankrolled with our money.

54 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

What would we gain beating aggy at the end of the year when conference championship games are being determined and teams are trying to make a final statement for bowl selection? I remember Mack catching shit in 2004 politicking for a BCS bowl berth over Cal and Texas fans having to point out that we dropped in some poll voters' rankings after beating aggy by double digits in the final regular season game. Unless you wanna brag about beating aggy (lol) there's nothing to gain.

Long live SynTex.  Tedford and Wodgers.  Something something.   Dennis More.  Dennis More.  Dennis More.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, wood said:

I guess I haven't heard about this story too much ... or maybe I did & just forgot 'cause old. Anybody have more detail?

CDC called aggy about a H&H, aggy “nope we’re full playing three cream puffs,” so CDC said “k thx bye” and immediately scheduled Alabama (aka aggy’s new daddy). It’s almost like he knew aggy would run scared, and then all the blame would be on them for the game not getting played.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2018/08/22/report-am-ad-scott-woodward-turns-offer-texas-ad-chris-del-conte-home-home-football-series

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/ncaa-football/news/texas-am-turned-down-home-and-home-longhorns-aggies-miami-ohio-state/5425n5lsdihp101dvfr3v4q64

Edited by Dutch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Agreed, the key is beating early in the season, repeatedly.

5 minutes ago, Dutch said:

CDC called aggy about a H&H, aggy “nope we’re full playing three cream puffs,” so CDC said “k thx bye” and immediately scheduled Bama. It’s almost like he knew aggy would run scared, and then all the blame would be on them for the game not getting played.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2018/08/22/report-am-ad-scott-woodward-turns-offer-texas-ad-chris-del-conte-home-home-football-series

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/ncaa-football/news/texas-am-turned-down-home-and-home-longhorns-aggies-miami-ohio-state/5425n5lsdihp101dvfr3v4q64

Those links are fabrications by the sip-demon.  Conjured in shadowland and pimped as fake news by the BOMC.  Fake News!!!

Real quote from Bill McRaven (https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-culture/the-four-star-chancellor/). 

BDS: You mentioned as we were talking before the interview that you’d like to see the UT-A&M football rivalry renewed. Is that a possibility?

WM: I’m a big believer that we need to get back and play the game. I’m not sure everybody’s in agreement with me, but that’s a tradition worth reviving.

BDS: You can always call Texas A&M chancellor John Sharp and make that happen.

WM: [Laughs.] At some point I think the game will happen, and that will be a great thing for both Austin and College Station. There’s too much history there to let it end.

10 minutes ago, Dutch said:

CDC called aggy about a H&H, aggy “nope we’re full playing three cream puffs,” so CDC said “k thx bye” and immediately scheduled Alabama (aka aggy’s new daddy). It’s almost like he knew aggy would run scared, and then all the blame would be on them for the game not getting played.

OK, cool.

Hook Em!

Aggy. Nothing if not predictable. Thanks for the info. Will rep when I get a new batch ...

10 hours ago, hpslugga said:

With OU? Beating them is a euphoric occasion, and they’ll tell you the same damn thing when they speak of beating Texas.

Can confirm.  Beating Texas is the pinnacle of nearly every season whenever it happens.  I never got even close to the same feeling when OU beat Aggy--just a sense of terrible relief and a sudden urge to shower (except for 77-0; that shit was euphoric). 

On 11/27/2018 at 3:00 PM, bolverk said:

A Texas House member wants to bring back an annual football game between the state's two flagship universities: the University of Texas at Austin and Texas A&M University.

On Tuesday, state Rep. Lyle Larson, a San Antonio Republican who earned a bachelor's degree from A&M, filed House Bill 412, which would require the two teams to "play a nonconference, regular-season football game against one another on the fourth Thursday, Friday, or Saturday of November each year."

Get fucked, Lyle.