State lawmaker files bill to require annual football game between UT and Texas A&M

bolverk

7 minutes ago, slorch said:

I always liked the Ut-aggy game. It was usually great football. I looked forward to it like Ou-NEB, Mich-Ohio State, and other rivalries at the end of the season. 

Aggy left. Fuck em. 

Glad to hear it. I enjoyed watching Tech play A&M as well.

2 hours ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

Do you seriously have the slightest doubt that the game would instantly sell out and become a really hot ticket on the secondary market if they scheduled it? Or that it would do big TV numbers? People want to see it. They want to see it quite a bit more than they want to see most of the games played by either of these teams.

Get back to me when the SEC goes to a 9-game conference slate, bans scheduling FCS opponents, and only plays non-con P5 opponents home & home.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Flg8rfan said:

FSU did this to UF decades ago, legislation never passed but was threatened enough to get them on the schedule.
I get the reasons why and agree with it but it was a fun game to watch on rivalry weekend.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

go read the wiki and you will discover that there is zero congruity with our situation:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida–Florida_State_football_rivalry

49 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

You must have aggy family. Fuck them.

Nobody cared about this game outside the two schools, and aggy became completely unhinged. They tried to destroy us on the way out, and they were told we wouldn’t play them if we left.

Wasn’t worth it anymore. Let them live with their choice. 

Everyone rails on Tex Pete.  Hell, Tex Pete rails on me.

But when he goes and cites Rote Gospel straight from the bosom of Gabriel, it must be recognized.

Repped.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Glad to hear it. I enjoyed watching Tech play A&M as well.

During the Leach years, everyone who didn't have his dick in a sheep liked watching that game.

EDIT: sorry to those who expect me to be less surly than the average.

Edited by Magus Ossis

24 minutes ago, slorch said:

I always liked the Ut-aggy game. It was usually great football. I looked forward to it like Ou-NEB, Mich-Ohio State, and other rivalries at the end of the season. 

Aggy left. Fuck em. 

As a fellow Tech fan growing up, that's how I felt too and always rooted against aggy in the game. The excitement of rivalry games is what separates the collegiate level from the pros, but they went and aggy'd that up too.

Until they abandoned the state, I would actually pull for them against most out-of-state teams. Now, fuck them forever and ever. 

Y’all motherfuckers act like you don’t know aggy at all. Just think. This is an aggy. 

He knows the bill isn’t going anywhere. He’s only doing this to make it seem like we don’t want to play them. It’s actually their best move given that CDC tried to schedule games with them and they declined. 

This is their plan and it will be for 100 years. Run away from Texas then act like Texas is scared play you. 

• Like 1

Doesn't seem that out there to me. Both schools are arms of the state. The annual game was a significant and longstanding piece of Texas' culture, thoroughly enjoyed and anticipated by many citizens of our state. For many people, watching or going to that game is central in their memories of spending Thanksgiving with loved ones. Putting on that game was a benefit these two public universities bestowed on the state for a hundred years, and they stopped doing it over some bruised egos and a few million bucks. I really don't see why it's outrageous at all for the legislature to step in and tell both schools to get over themselves and make with the football already.
The Surly and TexAgs contingents are always against it, but ordinary fans and Texans in general liked the game, they're annoyed it went away and they'd like it to come back. Most people don't give a shit about which side started this slap fight, or whether one team "deserves" to play the other, or who's scared to play or any of that. 

I don’t care for your faggotry but I would like to play them because aggy has always been aggy and we generally tend to win. Fuck those hosers; well win more often as not. As ever.

3 hours ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

Doesn't seem that out there to me. Both schools are arms of the state. The annual game was a significant and longstanding piece of Texas' culture, thoroughly enjoyed and anticipated by many citizens of our state. For many people, watching or going to that game is central in their memories of spending Thanksgiving with loved ones. Putting on that game was a benefit these two public universities bestowed on the state for a hundred years, and they stopped doing it over some bruised egos and a few million bucks. I really don't see why it's outrageous at all for the legislature to step in and tell both schools to get over themselves and make with the football already.

The Surly and TexAgs contingents are always against it, but ordinary fans and Texans in general liked the game, they're annoyed it went away and they'd like it to come back. Most people don't give a shit about which side started this slap fight, or whether one team "deserves" to play the other, or who's scared to play or any of that. 

You're still wrong.

• Like 1

The bill is stupid.

That said, I wish we still played the game every year. A bunch of adults on both sides are acting like whiny children about the whole thing. 

I watch college football for fun. For entertainment. This game would easily make the season more entertaining.

But too many dickheads on both sides will keep it from happening any time soon.

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Everyone rails on Tex Pete.  Hell, Tex Pete rails on me.

But when he goes and cites Rote Gospel straight from the bosom of Gabriel, it must be recognized.

Repped.

Now, now. No one rails on me. I only tangle with Sooner and aggy trolls and little bitches who don’t know their place. But I do speak the gospel. 

• Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, bolverk said:

As filed, Larson's HB 412 would also dock a university from awarding an athletic scholarship or "similar financial assistance funded by state funds" should it choose to not participate in the football game.

Can someone explain this part to me?

Or preferably, to him?

27 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, it's only whiny children and dickheads who would rather play this non-conference slate instead of locking in Texas A&M and the attitude that comes with that game:

2019-20 - LSU
2022-23 - Alabama
2024,28 - Michigan
2026-27 - Ohio State
2028-29 - Georgia

More like it's only still being talked about because a bunch of supposed adults are brain-dead morons.

Yeah, I get it. I don’t see what these games have to do with us not playing them.

Edited by housious
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Say what you will, but the game crossed a line in 1999. It went from rivalry fun to something else. 

A bunch of aggy students died because of neglect and incompetence and we were put in a no-win situation. Our administration tried to show that we were human and did everything we could to show how much we cared. In doing so, our team was neutered. We couldn’t say “yeah, let’s give blood and take care of our Texas brothers, but fuck ‘em up on Friday!” Mack essentially forfeited that game early in the week. 

How were we rewarded? With nasty signs along the road leading into CS. With phone calls to our players’ rooms all night long despite the request that no calls be put through. With a hotel staff that refused to show up to cook our team’s contractual breakfast. With rude yelling during our band’s moment of silence for the students who were negligently killed. 

Our humanity was rewarded with a finger in the eye. They showed themselves to be the classless trash they are. 

Things only devolved from their to the backstabbing and lies that culminated in them attempting to destroy our conference as they ran away from it...making sure that they bailed in a year which would leave them with the last home game in the series. 

I could say a lot more, but in short: fuck aggy!

This times infinity.  I remember the events, I was at the game, and what I saw and heard through the whole week, during the game, and after was just as you said.  It was at that moment they showed themselves as a true brainwashed antisocial cult.  Then a decade later they not only bail but try to fuck us over and damage our reputation if possible.  Then they can't  understand why we want nothing to do with them ever again..  Fuck them and fuck ever playing them.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, housious said:

Yeah, I get it. I don’t see what these games have to do with us not playing them.

You don’t see the huge competitive disadvantage playing 12 P5 games would put us at in comparison to the SEC, who only plays 8 conference games, and an FCS school or two?

• Fuck You 1

Just now, nunna yo bizness said:

This times infinity.  I remember the events, I was at the game, and what I saw and heard through the whole week, during the game, and after was just as you said.  It was at that moment they showed themselves as a true brainwashed antisocial cult.  Then a decade later they not only bail but try to fuck us over and damage our reputation if possible.  Then they can't  understand why we want nothing to do with them ever again..  Fuck them and fuck ever playing them.

To my knowledge, we have never done anything remotely approaching what happened that week or what they did in the lead up to and aftermath of them leaving the conference. Remember, they lied about how long they had been having discussions with the sec by a year or more.

Also, don’t forget that piece of shit Michael Bennett trying to seriously injure Colt and the ensuing “Cart McCry” bullshit. They are the worst fanbase in this state by far. 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

To my knowledge, we have never done anything remotely approaching what happened that week or what they did in the lead up to and aftermath of them leaving the conference. Remember, they lied about how long they had been having discussions with the sec by a year or more.

Also, don’t forget that piece of shit Michael Bennett trying to seriously injure Colt and the ensuing “Cart McCry” bullshit. They are the worst fanbase in this state by far. 

The misinformation and propoganda campaign aggy put out there to excuse their departure and try to simultaneously take us down was something that would have made Joseph Goebbels proud. Between lies about comference networks, the LHN, unequal revenue sharing, and more it was such a massive media blitz that to this day most fans and media alike believe we nearly broke up the league and drove out aggy.  Never mind that if they weren't all to lazy to look at the facts and actual timelines they would figure out the aggys were just self serving lying sacks of shit.

• Like 5

Judging by the size of a&m threads on this site, this would make most of you very happy.

Talk about them so much we might as well play them.

For me, I loathe their schtick so much I would prefer to forget they exist.

Edited by pacman

Even though we haven’t played them in over 7 years in football they still obsess over our school. Last I checked, their fight song still has “saw varsity’s horns off” multiple times. I watched some aggy volleyball on tv last week and the camera panned to some aggy students doing the horns down....they were playing LSU or some shit. It’s obvious aggy  NEEDS the rivalry back and everyone knows it. For the few Texas fans who would like to see us play A&M again just take solice in the fact not playing aggy each year hurts them more as a culture/fan base than us reviving the rivalry and even BEATING them every year. I mean shit, we won more than 2/3rds of our games all-time against aggy, what would playing and beating them again do? Why do them any favors when they ran with their tails between their legs to the SEC? That’s their problem. If the rivalry meant so much to them, they should have stayed in the Big 12. They didn’t. Bye 👋 

Edited by perfectchaos007
  • Like 1

And aggy is an arm, actually a wart, of The University of Texas so playing them idoits is onanism.
  • Like 1

I don’t care for your faggotry but I would like to play them because aggy has always been aggy and we generally tend to win. Fuck those hosers; well win more often as not. As ever.
By your logic any whipping boy would do. So obviously you want to play aggy because you have a perverse interest in mass nocturnal chanting at the direction of white garbed subhumans making onanistic movements in the presence of norwegian blued canines.

Kinky.

Ps you seem stupid.

The bill is stupid.
That said, I wish we still played the game every year. A bunch of adults on both sides are acting like whiny children about the whole thing. 
I watch college football for fun. For entertainment. This game would easily make the season more entertaining.
But too many dickheads on both sides will keep it from happening any time soon.

Ah so you too are one of those that fap to the aggy freakshow.

aggy got what they wanted and will never stop crowing about it.  Let them join a conference with Nebraska, Arkansas, Missouri, Colorado, and any other school that was tired of us kicking their asses.  Then may they spend eternity sucking one another off and bragging about how sweet it is.  I hope I won't live long enough to see us play those  pieces of shit ever again.   

11 hours ago, ztejas said:

I don't give a shit about atm neither does anyone else in Texas that didn't go there. If the two schools want to play each other then they can figure it out themselves. Leave it off the House floor for fuck's sake. This state doesn't revolve around those two football teams. 

If trends continue, the vast majority of th state will have gone to the diploma mill at College station.

This is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to dumbass aggy politicians ruining Texas / telling us what to do.

/CR

57 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

If trends continue, the vast majority of th state will have gone to the diploma mill at College station.

This is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to dumbass aggy politicians ruining Texas / telling us what to do.

/CR

The UT system has about 100,000 more students (and hundreds of thousands more alumni) than the A&M system. Keep that in mind. 

13 hours ago, Mileslong said:

i want to see a lot of things, like you never posting again, that doesn't mean it will happen...

this is just the kind of shit aggy does, im really surprised they haven't tried to pass a bill proclaiming aggy as the flagship university of texas...

Don't give them any ideas. You know they can't think on their own.

Edited by The Triple Lindy