PAC-12 CHAMPIONSHIP: Washington vs. Utah - 7CT FOX

texifornia

20 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Unless you go by results on the field, sure. Mike Leach must really be a shitty coach if he can't win the conference with the best team. 

Are you dumb? One of them is 7-2 in the conference in first place. The other is 7-2 in conference in 2nd place in the conference and didn't play in the CCG due to a head to head - that took place in the fucking snow. 

The former is 9-3 with an OOC loss to Auburn. The latter is 10-2.

And... which team do you think is objectively better? 

20 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Are you dumb? One of them is 7-2 in the conference in first place. The other is 7-2 in conference in 2nd place in the conference and didn't play in the CCG due to a head to head - that took place in the fucking snow. 

The former is 9-3 with an OOC loss to Auburn. The latter is 10-2.

And... which team do you think is objectively better? 

Well, Leach is 1-6 against Washington so I'd say Washington is objectively better. Petersen doesn't give an entertaining press conference, though, so I can see how you might be confused, never mind that he's 5-0 against Leach. Maybe if you're playing football in the North where weather might be a factor in November it would make sense to have a running game and not build your offense strictly around the passing attack. 

Mike Price's Cougars were better than Leach's Cougars. He didn't give an entertaining press conference either. He only won a pair of conference championships in Pullman.

I get the love for Leach. Don't make him out to be better than he is. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Well, Leach is 1-6 against Washington so I'd say Washington is objectively better. Petersen doesn't give an entertaining press conference, though, so I can see how you might be confused, never mind that he's 5-0 against Leach. Maybe if you're playing football in the North where weather might be a factor in November it would make sense to have a running game and not build your offense strictly around the passing attack. 

Mike Price's Cougars were better than Leach's Cougars. He didn't give an entertaining press conference either. He only won a pair of conference championships in Pullman.

i get the love for Leach. Don't make him out to be better than he is. 

I'm not talking about Leach and I'm not talking about a year by year record. I'm talking about both teams vs. the rest of competition in FBS. If you think Washington is better in that regard than WSU then I think that's a pretty misinformed take. 

3 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

my favorite oregon cheerleader of all time... Lauren Boyd, 2009

lauren-oregon-cheer-2009.jpg

https://www.si.com/more-sports/photos/2009/03/26cheerleader-of-the-week#1

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Ooooo freckles

I've found that I'm a fan of the freckles as well. The tall, cute girl with long dark hair who works behind the counter at the empanada place owned by an Argie lady has freckles and I have a huge crush on the girl.

Sadly, that single picture tells the entire country what a shit show the PAC is without a strong draw like USC. They are a conglomeration of big schools on the west coast that have a lot of things on their minds. And obviously football doesn’t appear to one of them. And people here want to be part of that?

39 minutes ago, Dewey said:

Big xii looks like a sturdy ship compared to the pac 12. Not only football sucking, but basketball scandals and now, apparently they are lacking in officiating as well. Their commissioner seems to be an idiot... anything else?

And yet, because of geography, they're really stable while the Big XII is teetering on the edge with only the whims of Texas and OU holding it back.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

And yet, because of geography, they're really stable while the Big XII is teetering on the edge with only the whims of Texas and OU holding it back.

Texas and OU holding the Big 12 conference together like safety pins on a pre 1950s diaper.  

• Like 1

Here's an interesting factoid. Ohio State and Washington have never faced each other in the Rose Bowl. I wouldn't have guessed that. Michigan and Washington have played each other in the Rose Bowl four times, splitting the series 2-2. (According to stassen.com.)

I had a good time enjoying wings and beers with some Washington fans at the original bw-3 location when the Huskies came to Columbus back in 2003. I didn't make the trip to Seattle in 2007. I'd love to see a game in that stadium sometime. 

16 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Here's an interesting factoid. Ohio State and Washington have never faced each other in the Rose Bowl. I wouldn't have guessed that. Michigan and Washington have played each other in the Rose Bowl four times, splitting the series 2-2. (According to stassen.com.)

Their matchups in the early 90s were pretty well-known. Steve Emtman's Washington first beat Desmond Howard's Michigan to win the national title, then Michigan got revenge a year later after both had left.

Edited by satyanash

1 hour ago, Dewey said:

Big xii looks like a sturdy ship compared to the pac 12. Not only football sucking, but basketball scandals and now, apparently they are lacking in officiating as well. Their commissioner seems to be an idiot... anything else?

many of the schools have an issue with extremely large athletics debt