Bettors Bagging Big 12 Ball in Bowls

Bert Orange

one of the things that matters is match ups, and one of the things that affects match up is a team from the conference making the playoffs
last year the B1G went a perfect 7-1 in bowl games, what contributed to that was OSU not getting into the playoffs and therefore every team slides down on step on the bowl hierarchy.

If OU didn't make the Alabama bowl, then every team in the Big XII (in theory) would have an easier game.

1 hour ago, gecko said:

On the assumption that the B12 referees will be sidelined from these games the league at least has a shot.....

OU, by the way, under the above scenario is screwed.

I've seen a couple of places that the Orange Bowl will be officiated by ACC refs.  I doubt the grab and tackle pass blocking technique of OU's line is going to fly.

On 12/7/2018 at 6:37 PM, Bert Orange said:

West Virginia the only team favored to win their matchup. 

OU +14.5

TX +11.5

OSU +8

ISU +4.5

BU +4

TCU - PK

WVa -5

When’s the last time our conference had such a shitty outlook for bowl games?  

Thanks for going to the trouble of listing the opponents.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

I don't know if we'll skullfuck them, but two things make me thing we could win: (1) This year's team seemed to play to the level of the opponent.  Mizzou is ranked and pretty decent, so I think "good OSU" shows up. (2) Gundy teams, in general, typically show up and play pretty well in bowl games (we're 8-4 in bowl games under Gundy).

You left out another decent reason why you'll probably win:

Missouri is a bunch of dumbass losers.

That'll be $9.95.

• Like 2

Everyone outside of Texas, Oklahoma, and Iowa State are locks.  Bet the house.  TCU hung with Ohio State and isn't losing to hapless California.  Baylor isn't losing to the nerd school from the SEC.

I still think we'll win because fuck Georgia.

I don't have a ton of faith but hope OU beats Alabama only to get skullfucked in the finale.

It's hard to pick between Big 12 Iowa State and Mike Leach. 

On 12/8/2018 at 9:16 AM, LTtxfan said:

Don't kid yourself.... if B12 only wins 1 or 2 games.... ESPN will dawg the B12 every chance they get when they post their BOWL CHALLENGE CUP STANDINGS... during each Bowl Game this Year.  

Last Year they criticised the PAC-12 for 1-8 results....

Here's Last Season's Results:

Bowl Challenge Cup winner Big Ten
Bowl record by conference
Conference Bowls Record Final AP Poll
SEC 11 5–6 (0.455) 5
ACC 10 4–6 (0.400) 4
Conference USA 9 4–5 (0.444) 0
Pac-12 9 1–8 (0.111) 3
Big Ten 8 7–1 (0.875) 5
Big 12 8 5–3 (0.625) 3
American 7 4–3 (0.571) 3
Mountain West 6 3–3 (0.500) 1
MAC 5 1–4 (0.200) 0
Sun Belt 5 4–1 (0.800) 0
Independents 2 2–0 (1.000) 1

If I was a gambler I would bet the house that the Big XII wins more than 1 or 2 of these games.

Edited by Steamboat1874

I’m not getting Missouri favored by 8 over OSU. Someone tell me what I’m missing. 

Missouri’s Massey composite ranking is #15, OSU’s is #48.

But for two pretty bizarre flukey losses to South Carolina and Kentucky, Missouri would be ranked #9 in the country while OSU lost to Tech (by a lot), Kansas State (by a lot), Baylor, and TCU.

1 hour ago, DanRydell said:

But for two pretty bizarre flukey losses to South Carolina and Kentucky, Missouri would be ranked #9 in the country while OSU lost to Tech (by a lot), Kansas State (by a lot), Baylor, and TCU.

Bizarrely, we also beat Texas, West Virginia, Boise State, and were a missed (wide open) 2-point conversion away from beating OU in Norman.

Mizzou is better and should be favored, but we've basically played to the level of our competition all year long. I'm betting it's a close game.

• Like 1

Mizzou has one win of note: Florida. Between the two games you mentioned and ass kickings at the hands of Bama and Georgia, I think it's more appropriate to call that win a fluke. Mizzou is not good.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mizzou has one win of note: Florida. Between the two games you mentioned and ass kickings at the hands of Bama and Georgia, I think it's more appropriate to call that win a fluke. Mizzou is not good.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So they have the same number of wins of note as Texas?

On 12/11/2018 at 9:53 AM, oSuJeff97 said:

Bizarrely, we also beat Texas, West Virginia, Boise State, and were a missed (wide open) 2-point conversion away from beating OU in Norman.

Mizzou is better and should be favored, but we've basically played to the level of our competition all year long. I'm betting it's a close game.

hell your kicker missed a PAT, should not have had to go for two.

• 3 weeks later...