Shall we talk about heavy music?

Patricio Swayze

On 2/22/2024 at 5:31 PM, Biff Tannen said:

Well, didn’t need that nightmare fuel of a video, but dig the track. 

They just released a studio video of the same tune.  I didn't realize that Coady WIllis of Big Business/Melvins had joined the band.  That's exciting.  Big Business at Hotel Vegas back in 2019(?) or so was one of my favorite gigs in some time.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Bigpoppapump said:

Not that I recall, but they did play Surfin' Bird.

not sure how accurate, but this was supposedly the setlist:

• Agent Orange
  • Ausgebombt
  • Remember the Fallen
  • Get What You Deserve 2
  • Jabba the Hut
  • Sodomized
  • In the Sign of Evil 2
  • Blasphemer
  • Outbreak of Evil
  • M‐16
  • Among the Weirdcong
  • Persecution Mania 2
  • Bombenhagel
  • Nuclear Winter
  • The setlist also includes covers of "Leave Me in Hell" by Venom and "Surfin' Bird" by The Trashmen.
Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

4 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

not sure how accurate, but this was supposedly the setlist:

• Agent Orange
  • Ausgebombt
  • Remember the Fallen
  • Get What You Deserve 2
  • Jabba the Hut
  • Sodomized
  • In the Sign of Evil 2
  • Blasphemer
  • Outbreak of Evil
  • M‐16
  • Among the Weirdcong
  • Persecution Mania 2
  • Bombenhagel
  • Nuclear Winter
  • The setlist also includes covers of "Leave Me in Hell" by Venom and "Surfin' Bird" by The Trashmen.

Setlist.fm looked correct for the submitted hells heroes list.

• Hook 'Em 1

any Aborted fans in the house? While not the best band ever, they churn out excellence every time. It's kinda impressive that they keep doing it. Svencho is one of my favorite vocalists. He's also an awesome dude to hang out with

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

14 minutes ago, Bigpoppapump said:

I saw them with Cryptopsy, I remember thinking I wasn't going to like the Aborted set and it ended up being very good. 

nice, Cryptopsy is definitely an acquired taste but I like a lot of their stuff. Aborted is tight live. The European scene is so much fun. Been 10 years this summer since I did Brutal Assault in the Czech Rep. Sodom was one of the many bands I got to see there. Absolutely amazing experience if you can do it. Am so pining to get back to a festival over there - and just Europe in general. Pretty fun to go back and look at the lineup. Many of those bands still kicking. Except Slayer.... or maybe?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brutal_Assault#:~:text=The nineteenth annual festival was,Bodom%2C Devin Townsend and Down.

2 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Sleep Token: I don’t get it. Sounds like Imagine Dragons had an older brother who liked metal.

eh, there are SO MANY subgenres of metal it's pretty inclusive of everyone. so there will be a little something for everyone. they kinda sound like a more ethereal and less skilled Tool. it's alright for what it is, but I'll never be playing it in my car.

22 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

eh, there are SO MANY subgenres of metal it's pretty inclusive of everyone. so there will be a little something for everyone. they kinda sound like a more ethereal and less skilled Tool. it's alright for what it is, but I'll never be playing it in my car.

That’s why the metal community is so welcoming. Big tent baby!  Except nu metal. That shit was awful. 

• Haha 1