Specific Form for Non-custodial parent to Travel Abroad with their child - Texas

Is there a state level form outlining consent of the custodial parent to allow the non-custodial parent to travel outside of the US with their child?  Agreement sites no specific forms, but the non-custodial parent needs to furnish all relevant info to the custodial parent and must have them sign all government level documents for the child to travel.

46 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

That little humblebrag is the reason for this thread, isn't it?

Not at all. It was to clear up the difference between a Grand Cayman customs document (which they don’t care about if you’re flying private) vs. a document signed  by my ex that the state requires.  

Yeah, homemade letter signed by the custodial parent and notarized will definitely be more than enough.      That’s what I had when I took my kids to Belgium and France, connecting out of the country through Newark. Nobody batted an eye or asked for any type of letter.    Also crossed the Rio Grande via boat at Boquillas with no letter at all.    Older kid went with Mom to Ireland and she was never asked for any documentation either. 

Never been asked a single question about custody, never had anything more thorough than a quick scan and stamp of the passports. 

Here is what I sent with my son and the babymomma on all of his trips before he turned 18:

To Whom It May Concern

I, Orange&White, am the paternal father of Orange&White, Jr.

Child’s full name: Orange&White, Jr.
Date of birth: 12/14/2018
Place of birth: Brooklyn, NY

Orange&White, Jr.., has my consent to travel with: Derka and Mr. Phlegm to visit Norway from June 18, 2015 through July 9, 2015. Derka and Phlegm are granted my full consent to act in Orange&White, Jr's  best interest throughout the above mentioned dates.

Any questions regarding this consent letter can be directed to the undersigned at:

Orange&White

1600 Pennsylvania Ave

Washington DC, 100000

Personal Phone: 867-5309

Work Phone: (512) 867-5309

Signed:______________________________________ Date:_________________

2 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Yeah, homemade letter signed by the custodial parent and notarized will definitely be more than enough.      That’s what I had when I took my kids to Belgium and France, connecting out of the country through Newark. Nobody batted an eye or asked for any type of letter.    Also crossed the Rio Grande via boat at Boquillas with no letter at all.    Older kid went with Mom to Ireland and she was never asked for any documentation either. 

Never been asked a single question about custody, never had anything more thorough than a quick scan and stamp of the passports. 

This. My bitch ex-wife demanded a notarized letter from me every time she took my son out of the country for vacations. Probably gave her 20 letters. My son says he doesn't remember anyone ever asking for a letter at any airport.

Run into this a couple of times. I've signed up for a free week at Legal Zoom (I think) and used their letter. Never bothered to get it notarized. Is there something tagged to the kids' passports that "ping" TSA or something when they're scanned through security? I always wondered about that. My ex still has my last name and the kids all match up so unless something popped up, it just looks like a couple of kids traveling abroad with their mother -- which it is.

Had to do this all the time when  kids were all under 18 and we traveled separately or they brought a friend.

Belize is the only country that I ever recall wanting to see the paperwork...Airlines will even check to make sure you have it heading there because of their extradition policies I guess.

Typed letter, notarized - no problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Never been asked at all other than TSA questioning my kids in Orlando about if I was there dad and where we were going.   My ex takes my kid to Honduras and DR and Ive never given her any letter.  I do plan to take them to Belize this summer so Ill probably get some type of letter just in case.

On 12/14/2018 at 4:05 PM, Reagan1k said:

Had to do this all the time when  kids were all under 18 and we traveled separately or they brought a friend.

Belize is the only country that I ever recall wanting to see the paperwork...Airlines will even check to make sure you have it heading there because of their extradition policies I guess.

Typed letter, notarized - no problem.

South Africa makes you travel with kids’ birth certificates even when both parents are present, or at least they did about five years ago.