Arkansas LB Arrested For Drug Possesion W/ Intent to Deliver

Vic Mackey

23 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

No weed and Xanax are not pretty tame. This isn't a speeding ticket or PI. Regardless of your personal feelings it's still illegal. He's a D1 scholarship athlete, the dumbfuck should know better. But apparently he would rather play into the stereotypes(guns and drugs) than take advantage of the opportunity. So fuck him, make an example out of his ass.

And the fact that he would sell to someone he doesn't even know, proves he ain't much better than a gangbanger.

You sound old and bitter and out of touch.

And I'm not defending this kid - he's absolutely a dumbass. That doesn't mean he's a terrible person that deserves the max sentence. Christ.

Edited by ztejas

29 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Unregistered is a separate charge you can get. It would have been tacked on just like anything else. The fact that Arkansas doesn't register long guns (if that's actually true) bodes in his favor.

3-AA9-D3-DE-09-DC-4-E2-E-9-E5-D-AB998656

There are 2 “states” that require registration of all long guns (DC and Hawaii) and 5 others that require registration of “Assault weapons” so you have 43 that require no registration.

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/gun-laws/policy-areas/gun-owner-responsibilities/registration/

None of this really matters in this case but there is wide spread misinformation about existing gun laws and registries.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Archer said:

3-AA9-D3-DE-09-DC-4-E2-E-9-E5-D-AB998656

There are 2 “states” that require registration of all long guns (DC and Hawaii) and 5 others that require registration of “Assault weapons” so you have 43 that require no registration.

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/gun-laws/policy-areas/gun-owner-responsibilities/registration/

None of this really matters in this case but there is wide spread misinformation about existing gun laws and registries.

Take a rep this is super informative.

Registered or not - though - having a gun in the room doesn't help his case.

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

That's not how trafficking xanax works.

I see a few ways that a person can come into possession of a prescription drug 1) They had a scrip 2) The pills were bought from someone with a scrip 3) The pills were stolen from someone with a scrip 4) The pills were stolen from a pharmacy 5) The pills were manufactured on the black market much like Quaaludes were back in the day.

Am I missing something?

As for the gun, it appears from the story that Arkansas has a law on the books specifically for the combo of intent to deliver + having a firearm. 

6 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Am I missing something?

Yes. You're missing a lot. 

For starters, xanax is basically OTC in Mexico. i.e. it's not difficult to get large quantities and then ship it across the border. Most of the xanax that gets distributed in the US comes in the form of pressed bars from Mexican supply of alprazolam.

No one that has 40 bars is getting that shit from a prescription in the US. That's just not how that works. Go try and get prescribed 30 2 mg xanax bars. You have to be an anxiety-attack riddled mess to even approach that, and if you were you wouldn't be trafficking your scrips.

Edited by BarStella

3 minutes ago, BarStella said:

Yes. You're missing a lot. 

For starters, xanax is basically OTC in Mexico. i.e. it's not difficult to get large quantities and then ship it across the border. Most of the xanax that gets distributed in the US comes in the form of pressed bars from Mexican supply of alprazolam.

No one that has 40 bars is getting that shit from a prescription in the US. That's just not how that works. Go try and get prescribed 30 2 mg xanax bars. You have to be an anxiety-attack riddled mess to even approach that, and if you were you wouldn't be trafficking your scrips.

So it's kinda like the 'ludes I mentioned. They too came from Mexico. Only iirc, with the 'ludes either Rohrer or Lemmon had a factory down south that they shut down and they left the pill presses there. Those presses got into the hands of illicit manufacturers and the rest as they say is history. Or as I would say "what's the hurry maaaaannnnn".

Are the bars on the street now marked at all? As made by a legit mfgr?

I get how this is supposed to be bad from an historically traditional worldview, but I just don’t care anymore about people doing drugs or selling drugs. One should be able to walk into a store and buy both these products. 

Especially weed. That is the most harmless thing out there. And when you get high, you just want to sit at home and chill. Get fucked up on alcohol and Xanax, you want to get out and drive and go do shit. Been there did that. Xanax mixed with alcohol is no joke. Glad I moved on from that combination. Nothing to fuck with.

7 hours ago, SDG said:

Occasionally.  

Party at SDG’s House, just need an address.

He sold to an undercover, everything past that was just cherries on top for the cops. I feel bad for the guy that gets caught with his personal use stash, I don’t feel bad for the guy that gets busted for dealing.

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

So it's kinda like the 'ludes I mentioned. They too came from Mexico. Only iirc, with the 'ludes either Rohrer or Lemmon had a factory down south that they shut down and they left the pill presses there. Those presses got into the hands of illicit manufacturers and the rest as they say is history. Or as I would say "what's the hurry maaaaannnnn".

Are the bars on the street now marked at all? As made by a legit mfgr?

If you're pressing bars you can mark them however you like. But most of the xanax that hits the US is pressed. The markings have little to do with it.

Xans have a very distinct taste to them, and the more they are filled the more powdery it is.

The issue is that a bunch of fuckheads have been cutting pressed bars with fentanyl (and killing people in the process).

Basically, if ANYONE HERE feels the need to do that shit, ask the seller if they have done them, and past that try a small amount at a time. If it tastes weird/unlike alprazolam confront whoever sold that shit.

Imo, an opiate high and a benzo high are very, very different. If you feel like you didn't get what was sold to you I would caution against taking more and consider calling out whoever sold that shit to you.

That said, in swim's experience, he hasn't come across anything laced with fent. 

Not really trying to pollute the board with this shit but I feel like it's something that everyone needs to be aware of - drug happy or not.

Edit: for anyone here with kids, weed is one discussion. Xanax is a very different discussion. While it's relatively harmless if you know what you're doing, if you start abusing it to get high all of the time it can get ugly quick. Couple that with the fact that you don't know what is going into each pill and treat it as such. 

Edited by BarStella
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

No weed and Xanax are not pretty tame. This isn't a speeding ticket or PI. Regardless of your personal feelings it's still illegal. He's a D1 scholarship athlete, the dumbfuck should know better. But apparently he would rather play into the stereotypes(guns and drugs) than take advantage of the opportunity. So fuck him, make an example out of his ass.

And the fact that he would sell to someone he doesn't even know, proves he ain't much better than a gangbanger.

You clearly don't have a firm grasp of the subject matter. No one here except you is pushing a false equivalency that marijuana and xanax are the same kind of issue as a traffic violation or public intoxication. What is being said is that marijuana and xanax aren't on the same level as drugs such as cocaine, heroine, or opium. More over, the amount in possession while higher than most states allow for personal use even if it's not legal in the state he was in doesn't change that it was marijuana and xanax. Then, the two substances must be examined individually. 3 oz. of marijuana isn't going to harm the person using it even if they smoked or ingested all of it in a single sitting. The amount of THC necessary to overdose cant be obtained in such a small quantity. Next, the xanax can be an issue if all of them are ingested at one time. So while the individual may have had intent to distribute the substances, as far as I'm aware it's his first offense. That doesn't mean he needs to be sent away to some overcrowded federal poundass prison for this. You clearly have an issue with other people using drugs despite the fact that it has absolutely zero to do with you. Individual agency to decide what they put in their own bodies is an individual right that the government has infringed upon for far too long.

Also, your racism is showing there, guy.

• Like 2

The only false equivalency is coming from bird brains like you who keep dismissing the stupidity of this dumbass. The fuck does it matter what the amounts are, when he is willingly selling it and pissing away his scholarship.? I don't give a shit what he puts in his body, I just think he is a fucking retard. Kind of like your seeing my criticism of him as racist.

He had an opportunity that thousands of his peers would kill for, and decides to piss it away in the most stereotypical fashion.

I'll say it again, throw the book at his dumbass, hard headed mofos like this never learn.

You're just as retarded as he is.18150b72b7f9268eeeea2d85c8ca7e10.jpg

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

6 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

I think he's referring to the drugs being tame in the colloquial sense. Yeah, that dude is fucked.

2 hours ago, BarStella said:

If you're pressing bars you can mark them however you like. But most of the xanax that hits the US is pressed. The markings have little to do with it.

Xans have a very distinct taste to them, and the more they are filled the more powdery it is.

The issue is that a bunch of fuckheads have been cutting pressed bars with fentanyl (and killing people in the process).

Basically, if ANYONE HERE feels the need to do that shit, ask the seller if they have done them, and past that try a small amount at a time. If it tastes weird/unlike alprazolam confront whoever sold that shit.

Imo, an opiate high and a benzo high are very, very different. If you feel like you didn't get what was sold to you I would caution against taking more and consider calling out whoever sold that shit to you.

That said, in swim's experience, he hasn't come across anything laced with fent. 

Not really trying to pollute the board with this shit but I feel like it's something that everyone needs to be aware of - drug happy or not.

Edit: for anyone here with kids, weed is one discussion. Xanax is a very different discussion. While it's relatively harmless if you know what you're doing, if you start abusing it to get high all of the time it can get ugly quick. Couple that with the fact that you don't know what is going into each pill and treat it as such. 

Swim? That's twice you've mentioned "swim". Who?

50 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

The only false equivalency is coming from bird brains like you who keep dismissing the stupidity of this dumbass. The fuck does it matter what the amounts are, when he is willingly selling it and pissing away his scholarship.? I don't give a shit what he puts in his body, I just think he is a fucking retard. Kind of like your seeing my criticism of him as racist.

He had an opportunity that thousands of his peers would kill for, and decides to piss it away in the most stereotypical fashion.

I'll say it again, throw the book at his dumbass, hard headed mofos like this never learn.

Im not dismissing anything. He made a mistake doing what he did under the present system. However, the present system is broken and hell bent on sending anyone to prison involving drugs. I'm not saying he needs to be exonerated for this because it was illegal by letter of the law. What I am saying is that the system itself needs to be re-worked and shit like this needs to not turn into years of incarceration which leads to massive recidivism because people cant find gainful employment once they get out so they have to turn to a life on the streets. Instead, getting the individual into programs to get away from this kind of shit would be far better for them and society. Furthermore, if/when marijuana gets legalized nationwide, no one will have to buy it from dealers on the street and it can be controlled and ensured to be free from additives that are far more dangerous, i.e. lacing. As for the individual in this instance, he made a choice about his future and it was his to make. He will lose his scholarship and unfortunately probably serve time in jail because of the broken system we have. You are free to be pissed off all you want, just be sure your anger isn't misplaced. Be pissed at his poor decisions, absolutely. but you better most assuredly be pissed at the system set up to imprison people first. And for damned sure don't make this out to be like he's some kind of murderer or rapist.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Swim? That's twice you've mentioned "swim". Who?

Urban dictionary.

4 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

You are coming across as a racist, out of touch piece of shit that wants to see everyone locked up for a minor drug offense.

The kid fucked up. He should be kicked off the team. His scholarship should be revoked. No one is arguing against that.

What I will argue is that he got caught up in envisioning a fake lifestyle that took advantage of him. That shouldn't end his life. He will pay his dues and I hope he comes out better on the other side.

"Throwing the book" at a kid that is dealing some relatively harmless shit and keeping a gun on himself to keep up appearances is 100% what is wrong with drug laws in this country.

I would warrant you haven't the faintest clue about xanax or marijuana or the distribution of either. So shut your fucking mouth and go find a stump to argue with.

• Fuck You 1

11 hours ago, BarStella said:

Quoted for emphasis.  Benzos like xanax seem real fun to party with, but you sure as shit do not want to be addicted to them.  It's all fun and games until you're hooked.  Buddy of mine had it real bad with hydrocodone and xanax.  He was taking five bars at a time at one point (as well as 20 norcos, the cost of which is how he got started on xanax).  It was a really nasty detox, it can kill you if you don't do it right.  

9 hours ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

Im not dismissing anything. He made a mistake doing what he did under the present system. However, the present system is broken and hell bent on sending anyone to prison involving drugs. I'm not saying he needs to be exonerated for this because it was illegal by letter of the law. What I am saying is that the system itself needs to be re-worked and shit like this needs to not turn into years of incarceration which leads to massive recidivism because people cant find gainful employment once they get out so they have to turn to a life on the streets. Instead, getting the individual into programs to get away from this kind of shit would be far better for them and society. Furthermore, if/when marijuana gets legalized nationwide, no one will have to buy it from dealers on the street and it can be controlled and ensured to be free from additives that are far more dangerous, i.e. lacing. As for the individual in this instance, he made a choice about his future and it was his to make. He will lose his scholarship and unfortunately probably serve time in jail because of the broken system we have. You are free to be pissed off all you want, just be sure your anger isn't misplaced. Be pissed at his poor decisions, absolutely. but you better most assuredly be pissed at the system set up to imprison people first. And for damned sure don't make this out to be like he's some kind of murderer or rapist.

I can be pissed at both.

You want to have a conversation about the fucked up system, fine. Let's just save it for people who really deserve lenient sentences/rehab. Guys out there who barely got of HS, if they even finished. No job or job that will take care of his kids. No future in his eyes and damn sure no scholarship. Even to Arkansas. So when he gets caught with $800 and a couple of dimes, that's who I'll save my sympathy for.

Not some retarded fuck, who gets a lottery ticket and decides he would rather be cool. I would bet big money that he had multiple people try to talk to him about shit just like this. But, he was too smart to listen. So fuck him. Make an example out of his ass. He chose to play the game for vain reasons.

6 hours ago, BarStella said:

Urban dictionary.

You are coming across as a racist, out of touch piece of shit that wants to see everyone locked up for a minor drug offense.

The kid fucked up. He should be kicked off the team. His scholarship should be revoked. No one is arguing against that.

What I will argue is that he got caught up in envisioning a fake lifestyle that took advantage of him. That shouldn't end his life. He will pay his dues and I hope he comes out better on the other side.

"Throwing the book" at a kid that is dealing some relatively harmless shit and keeping a gun on himself to keep up appearances is 100% what is wrong with drug laws in this country.

I would warrant you haven't the faintest clue about xanax or marijuana or the distribution of either. So shut your fucking mouth and go find a stump to argue with.

And you come across as an idiot, who is still waiting for the rest of his ball hairs to grow.

The racist/racism you see comes from your lack of knowledge about anything but your bullshit, limited worldview.

Between my family and community mentoring, I've dealt with some 'real gang bangers' as the other idiot said. So whatever you think you know, I know. Xanax, Marijuana and a whole bunch of shit that I've personally seen destroy futures and families.

There is nothing harmless about dealing drugs, especially when you want to live a 'fake' lifestyle. He didn't get taken advantage of. This wasn't some street hustler selling dime pieces for pampers or even the next Jordan release.  He made a calculated choice. It's not the drug laws in this case that is fucked up. It's this idiot and your thinking that is fucked up.

I'll take your advice and go argue with a stump. Because the stump might actually have something interesting to say.

Quoted for emphasis.  Benzos like xanax seem real fun to party with, but you sure as shit do not want to be addicted to them.  It's all fun and games until you're hooked.  Buddy of mine had it real bad with hydrocodone and xanax.  He was taking five bars at a time at one point (as well as 20 norcos, the cost of which is how he got started on xanax).  It was a really nasty detox, it can kill you if you don't do it right.  
Xanax is nothing to fuck with and it's not a harmless party drug. Because at parties there is obviously going to be alcohol. Mixing Xanax with alcohol is just asking for trouble at a party scene. I've been there personally. I used to do it quite often. Blacking out constantly on that combination quite often. Almost running my car off the highway at a high rate of speed. It's a very dangerous mix. I've known people who wake up in jail with no recollection of how they got there on that stuff. I'm not going to lie, Xanax gave me a good feeling and I get the appeal.

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Xanax is nothing to fuck with and it's not a harmless party drug. Because at parties there is obviously going to be alcohol. Mixing Xanax with alcohol is just asking for trouble at a party scene. I've been there personally. I used to do it quite often. Blacking out constantly on that combination quite often. Almost running my car off the highway at a high rate of speed. It's a very dangerous mix. I've known people who wake up in jail with no recollection of how they got there on that stuff. I'm not going to lie, Xanax gave me a good feeling and I get the appeal.

Which is why I said when someone does something that harms others or other's property, whether or not they are on any substance is the bottom line. We all make choices in life and we have to live with the consequences of those choices whether they are good or bad. I'm grateful that you and no one else were harmed when you were in that state. I have insomnia due to issues from my deployments and at one point my doctors had me on ambien. While on ambien, I would sleep walk and do things that I wouldn't normally do while not taking the medication. Like xanax, ambien is a substance that can people can easily become addicted to. It's also easy to get used to the dosage and need more to get the same effect. With all that in mind, I told my doctor I no longer wanted that particular medication and we would need to find something else that didn't have the same issues with addiction and wasn't easy to get used to so I wouldn't need a higher dosage. Now, I only take my sleep medication on days that I have to work to ensure I get ample sleep for work. But on days off, since I dont take it I usually end up staying up for upwards of 30 to 36 hours. Even though my current medication doesn't have any issue with addiction, I still dont want to risk it and keep myself in check. All of this is to say that a new approach that helps people get away from the downward spiral and onto a better path is necessary because the way things have been done by trying to beat the problem into submission isn't working.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

Which is why I said when someone does something that harms others or other's property, whether or not they are on any substance is the bottom line. We all make choices in life and we have to live with the consequences of those choices whether they are good or bad. I'm grateful that you and no one else were harmed when you were in that state. I have insomnia due to issues from my deployments and at one point my doctors had me on ambien. While on ambien, I would sleep walk and do things that I wouldn't normally do while not taking the medication. Like xanax, ambien is a substance that can people can easily become addicted to. It's also easy to get used to the dosage and need more to get the same effect. With all that in mind, I told my doctor I no longer wanted that particular medication and we would need to find something else that didn't have the same issues with addiction and wasn't easy to get used to so I wouldn't need a higher dosage. Now, I only take my sleep medication on days that I have to work to ensure I get ample sleep for work. But on days off, since I dont take it I usually end up staying up for upwards of 30 to 36 hours. Even though my current medication doesn't have any issue with addiction, I still dont want to risk it and keep myself in check. All of this is to say that a new approach that helps people get away from the downward spiral and onto a better path is necessary because the way things have been done by trying to beat the problem into submission isn't working.

Yep these prescription drugs are meant to be taken at home in a controlled environment. And definitely not mixed with alcohol. Combine the two at a party like atmosphere and you are asking for trouble. They are very cheap to buy compared to others like ecstasy or coke. And they do the trick.You mix it with alcohol and the effect heightens greatly. I will never even think about popping any of that anymore. Got that out my system in my younger days.

7 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

I can be pissed at both.

You want to have a conversation about the fucked up system, fine. Let's just save it for people who really deserve lenient sentences/rehab. Guys out there who barely got of HS, if they even finished. No job or job that will take care of his kids. No future in his eyes and damn sure no scholarship. Even to Arkansas. So when he gets caught with $800 and a couple of dimes, that's who I'll save my sympathy for.

Not some retarded fuck, who gets a lottery ticket and decides he would rather be cool. I would bet big money that he had multiple people try to talk to him about shit just like this. But, he was too smart to listen. So fuck him. Make an example out of his ass. He chose to play the game for vain reasons.

Don't we have a tight end on our team who was caught dealing?  What's you opinion on that?