Arkansas LB Arrested For Drug Possesion W/ Intent to Deliver

Vic Mackey

Arkansas LB Arrested With Over 90 Grams Of Marijuana, 40 Xanax Pills, An Ar-15 And More

Arkansas-LB.jpg

Demetrius “Dee” Walker, a sophomore linebacker on the University of Arkansas football team, was arrested in Fayetteville, North Carolina on Tuesday on possession of controlled substance charges and simultaneous possession of drugs and guns, according to Fayetteville Police.

The school has also suspended him “indefinitely” from the team.

Per the report:

According to Sgt. Anthony Murphy of the Fayetteville Police, Walker was arrested on Tuesday on charges of delivery of a controlled substance (marijuana), possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver — marijuana, possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver — Xanax, simultaneous possession of drugs and firearms and possession of drug paraphernalia.

A preliminary report shows police found 95.8 grams of marijuana, 40 Xanax pills, several individual and sandwich baggies, a digital scale and a DPMS Panther Arms model AR-15 Rifle with a loaded magazine in the residence at 1399 N. Futrall Drive in Fayetteville.

According to the police, detectives from the 4th Judicial District Drug Task Force purchased marijuana during undercover operations from Walker with assistance from a confidential informant. The purchase was made “within the past four months,” police said.

On Tuesday (Dec. 12), the task force executed a search warrant for Walker’s residence on Futrall Drive. During a search, police said, detectives found 56 grams of marijuana, then 6 more grams of marijuana with baggies and a digital scale in a kitchen cabinet. They also found 40 Xanax pills and sandwich baggies on the kitchen counter. Police found an AR-15 rifle with a loaded magazine next to his bedroom door, according to the report.

Walker was arrested and taken to the Washington County Detention Center and was booked into jail.

http://dailysnark.com/arkansas-lb-arrested-with-over-90-grams-of-marijuana-40-xanax-pills-an-ar-15-and-more/?fbclid=IwAR2OYcD15_RnimD0lpVSH9eogXh3XFy4A4acX9VUFw5FWHvNSksNsalxVig

fuck ALL the pigs in this story, but jtfc , less than a quarter pound ? its legal for recreational use in 20% of the country . give it a rest . and who the fuck doesn't have an ar15 ? sensationalism at its worst . OH MY GAWD 98 GRAMS OH SWEET  JESUS . again fuck piggy and the razorbacks . that xanax doh 

17 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

90 grams? When the fuck did we adopt the metic system? That’s 3/4 cup in America. Which isn’t a lot. Who gives a fuck 

Yeah, almost a million micrograms of Xanax and pot. Sensationalism in journalism is the suck.

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

Yeah, almost a million micrograms of Xanax and pot. Sensationalism in journalism is the suck.

Nah, I can guarantee you that they're just repeating what was written in an arrest report or whatever offense report they received as a public record.  Drug laws are often written in grams, and even laws that are written in ounces like marijuana are measured on scales by cops in grams. 

It's a little over 3 ounces, and it looks like they busted him with a buy too, given the third charge of delivery.   

the possession of MJ or xanax alone is the least of his worries in this case.

The Buy is a huge factor, combined with the scale and baggies.

The drug heads on this board cry a little too much on cases like this when it's obvious as fuck what is going on.  It's quite a bit more complicated than simple possession.

and yes, i am pro-legalization and have posted as such for a long time now.

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

the possession of MJ or xanax alone is the least of his worries in this case.

The Buy is a huge factor, combined with the scale and baggies.

The drug heads on this board cry a little too much on cases like this when it's obvious as fuck what is going on.  It's quite a bit more complicated than simple possession.

and yes, i am pro-legalization and have posted as such for a long time now.

Exactly.  This dude is a sophomore on a Division I scholarship, and he was dealing weed and pills out of his dorm room, where he was also dumb enough to keep his AR15.  Not only is he in deep shit, but you better believe that the entire team is getting looked at.  You can't do something this dumb and not have your teammates know about it.  

1 hour ago, bejezuz said:

Exactly.  This dude is a sophomore on a Division I scholarship, and he was dealing weed and pills out of his dorm room, where he was also dumb enough to keep his AR15.  Not only is he in deep shit, but you better believe that the entire team is getting looked at.  You can't do something this dumb and not have your teammates know about it.  

Unless they moved the Arkansas campus to North Carolina he wasn't caught dealing out of his dorm room.  

I clicked through the OP to the article. This happened in Arkansas, not North Carolina. There’s no mention of NC in the article now and the NC Fayetteville is in Cumberland County, not Washington County. Washington is the county for Fayetteville, Arkansas. 

2 hours ago, bejezuz said:

You want to get away with this kind of shit, you'd better win a conference title. 

To speak to both sides here:

The amount of weed and xanax in question isn't the issue. In the past few months swim has had that in his apartment. 

It's when you add bags, a scale and a loaded AR-15 to the mix that this goes from likely a couple of misdemeanors to a potentially serious intent to distribute felony. 

If the gun is unlicensed or registered to someone else he is probably in some pretty deep shit.

No one is crying about 3 ounces of marijuana. It is much harier than that. 

3 minutes ago, Dag Nabbit said:

I have a digital scale and all kinds of baggies in my kitchen and a shotgun in my bedroom.

I would imagine a large portion of the population could meet that threshold.

Not saying he's not guilty as fuck but damn...

Are you selling drugs to undercover cops? If not you should be fine. 

7 minutes ago, Dag Nabbit said:

I have a digital scale and all kinds of baggies in my kitchen and a shotgun in my bedroom.

I would imagine a large portion of the population could meet that threshold.

Not saying he's not guilty as fuck but damn...

How many drug sales have you done? he sold to an undercover agent.

I mean it's just a minute part of the case, right?

Edited by slorch

Look, I'm not saying it's right but that's how it goes. It's hard to argue personal use with the baggies and scale, and the possession of the firearm is actually part of the law.

In 1987 my mom got popped with 1/2 a kilo of cocaine. The coke and scale were on the kitchen table, and in the process of searching the home, they found my grandfathers old service revolver .38 in a box in the back of a closet and "stacked" the firearms  charge onto her possession charge and she got more time because of it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Look, I'm not saying it's right but that's how it goes. It's hard to argue personal use with the baggies and scale, and the possession of the firearm is actually part of the law.

In 1987 my mom got popped with 1/2 a kilo of cocaine. The coke and scale were on the kitchen table, and in the process of searching the home, they found my grandfathers old service revolver .38 in a box in the back of a closet and "stacked" the firearms  charge onto her possession charge and she got more time because of it. 

rules

57 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

It’s even harder to argue personal use when he sold weed to cops but I guess you can try?

3 hours ago, SDG said:

Unless they moved the Arkansas campus to North Carolina he wasn't caught dealing out of his dorm room.  

The University of Arkansas is located in Fayatteville, Washington County, Arkansas.  North Carolina is a typo.  The address listed is less than 2 miles from Razorback Stadium.  

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Pics of cocaine?

Somebody he knows prolly got popped for simple possession and flipped him because that's what cops do - get people to give up their dealer in exchange for reduced or no charges. I seriously doubt he was selling to an undercover cop unless there was a larger investigation going on and in that case there would have been a sweep and a shit ton of arrests made. One of his buddies ain't his buddy, pal.

And someone, somewhere has a scrip for the bars - they need to be worried.

1 hour ago, BarStella said:

If the gun is unlicensed or registered to someone else he is probably in some pretty deep shit.

Pretty sure Arkansas doesn’t have a registry or licensing of long guns. So unless he was a felon in possession the gun is mainly sensationalism.  

53 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

And someone, somewhere has a scrip for the bars - they need to be worried.

That's not how trafficking xanax works.

7 minutes ago, Archer said:

Pretty sure Arkansas doesn’t have a registry or licensing of long guns. So unless he was a felon in possession the gun is mainly sensationalism.  

Pretty sure he's not allowed to have a gun in his dorm room. Besides that, a loaded AR-15 being found will absolutely come up in trial.

As @Pescado_Rojo pointed out, if they can charge/convict him of intent to distribute then having the gun in the same room makes that charge worse.

Edited by ztejas

1 minute ago, Brothahorn said:

Dumb fuck deserves to get maxed out.

Oh please, don't be that guy. Weed and xanax are pretty tame, and with that amount I'm sure the gun was more for show. 

This isn't some gangbanger this is a dumb kid that can hopefully get his life back on track.

13 minutes ago, ztejas said:

That's not how trafficking xanax works.

Pretty sure he's not allowed to have a gun in his dorm room. Besides that, a loaded AR-15 being found will absolutely come up in trial.

As @Pescado_Rojo pointed out, if they can charge/convict him of intent to distribute then having the gun in the same room makes that charge worse.

Dorm room may be a kicker I’m not going to take the time to actually look up if it is a criminal act or just a policy violation. 

You're right they may be able to tack on firearms possession in the commission of a felony but it still has no relation to it being “unregistered”. 

3 minutes ago, Archer said:

Dorm room may be a kicker I’m not going to take the time to actually look up if it is a criminal act or just a policy violation. 

You're right they may be able to tack on firearms possession in the commission of a felony but it still has no relation to it being “unregistered”. 

Unregistered is a separate charge you can get. It would have been tacked on just like anything else. The fact that Arkansas doesn't register long guns (if that's actually true) bodes in his favor.

Oh please, don't be that guy. Weed and xanax are pretty tame, and with that amount I'm sure the gun was more for show. 

This isn't some gangbanger this is a dumb kid that can hopefully get his life back on track.

No weed and Xanax are not pretty tame. This isn't a speeding ticket or PI. Regardless of your personal feelings it's still illegal. He's a D1 scholarship athlete, the dumbfuck should know better. But apparently he would rather play into the stereotypes(guns and drugs) than take advantage of the opportunity. So fuck him, make an example out of his ass.

And the fact that he would sell to someone he doesn't even know, proves he ain't much better than a gangbanger.