Destination XL Frisco Bowl: Ohio v San Diego State

TexasMan

I went to this shit last year. It was fucking terrible. I watched a disinterested SMU team get their shit kicked in by LaTech. The friend I was with got so piss drunk that I had to drag him out of my car after driving home (which was an awful decision to begin with) and put him into an Uber home because he couldn't make it up the 3 flights to crash on my couch. 

Anyway, /csb.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I went to this shit last year. It was fucking terrible. I watched a disinterested SMU team get their shit kicked in by LaTech. The friend I was with got so piss drunk that I had to drag him out of my car after driving home (which was an awful decision to begin with) and put him into an Uber home because he couldn't make it up the 3 flights to crash on my couch. 

Anyway, /csb.

Last year was terrible because

1. It was the inaugural bowl game, so you gotta take a bad shit before a good shit.

2. SMU was playing in it. Fuck SMU. Also, they had no coach.

10 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

I like both teams and coaches I figured SDSU would win, but Ohio looks like they are ready to play so far

I like both coaches, too. I thought state would look better on offense so far. Their line should win the battle, but they aren't. 

43 minutes ago, ztejas said:

All 3,000 people there are going to be thrilled. 

Did they announce attendance? I cannot imagine more than 3K. I was surprised they chose such random teams - I guess they're limited but strikes me as one of those bowls that at least needs a regional if not local team. A friend works in sports, and at the end of the day, if you get a decent sponsor and marginal local support ESPN will give you money for programming. They rob the schools in terms of hotel and ticket guarantees, so not a terrible business model.

Just now, Kyle said:

Did they announce attendance? I cannot imagine more than 3K. I was surprised they chose such random teams - I guess they're limited but strikes me as one of those bowls that at least needs a regional if not local team. A friend works in sports, and at the end of the day, if you get a decent sponsor and marginal local support ESPN will give you money for programming. They rob the schools in terms of hotel and ticket guarantees, so not a terrible business model.

Ohio fans traveled pretty decently for a G5 team. SDSU not so much.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

San Diego should "represent" by buying their homeless tickets to bowl games each year.....that would be like 40,000 fans.....make sure it is to a venue that sells alcohol to make it more interesting

The venue does sell alcohol so the 40,000 homeless from San Diego would drink the kegs dry.