Table Tennis Paddles

47 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

...so I tied an onion to my belt.  Which was the style St the time....

Right? Even then, and this was in the 60's, those were the ones we looked down on. Most of them had the textured rubber but some of those were so old the rubber was peeling off in spots.  Dad probably picked them up at the Goodwill store, he was good about thrift shopping for stuff for us kids.

22 hours ago, EE2B said:

Can’t offer any advice on paddles, but I will tell you that the table can’t hold up to the garage door being let down on top of it. Ymmv

LOL, good thing it's in the gameroom.

1 hour ago, shnsajax said:

Thanks shnsajax, that looks like a pair we can use for a while until we get good enough to require an upgrade.

On 12/27/2018 at 3:06 PM, Lone Star Horn said:

Just got a new table tennis table for the family, inexpensive, came with 2 crappy paddles.

Does anyone know what brand of paddles is decent? 

Don't want to spend too much, $20ish for 2 should be ok, until we get good enough to really need a true upgrade. 

Thanks

What style grip do you use? Shakeahand or Penhold? Need that information before recommending anything.

7 hours ago, Bill Clay said:

Children play with paddles. Table Tennis professionals play with Blades...show some fucking respect.

Go first class or don't go at all.

https://www.paddlepalace.com/Butterfly-Zhang-Jike-Super-ZLC/productinfo/SBZSZ/

Well, we're definitely amateurs, no way in hell that I'm spending more for "blades" than I did for the damn table.

Like I said, just for family fun.  

8 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

What style grip do you use? Shakeahand or Penhold? Need that information before recommending anything.

I have no idea what either of those grips are. This is just for family fun, we aren't even thinking of playing that hard. We're just having fun and getting some aerobic workout as we do so. 

The paddles linked earlier are good enough for what we need, thanks for your input.

I have no idea what either of those grips are. This is just for family fun, we aren't even thinking of playing that hard. We're just having fun and getting some aerobic workout as we do so. 

The paddles linked earlier are good enough for what we need, thanks for your input.

Is the paddle up or down?

I used to think I was the shit at ping pong. But I entered a tournament one time and in the first round got beat 21-3 by a big German dude who brought three paddles to the tournament. That dude later got beat in the semis. I no longer think I'm the shit at ping pong. 

I used to think I was the shit at ping pong. But I entered a tournament one time and in the first round got beat 21-3 by a big German dude who brought three paddles to the tournament. That dude later got beat in the semis. I no longer think I'm the shit at ping pong. 

This was me, but I made the semi’s.