Any Conservative leaders left in Texas?

OWLVIS

Dan Patrick is no conservative, Greg Abbott is no leader.   The rest of the statewide leadership is made up of criminals and morons. Geroge P. still has time to learn but his Alamo stance has killed any future. Glenn Hegar is probably the best bet.

For a State that is supposed to be the Republican bulwark against California electoral count is a pretty pathetic lineup. 

The Dems as stupid as the policies are, actually have true believers on the bench.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Okay. I got to look that up. Move it where? WTF? What did the Alamo ever do to him? Ozzie just pissed on it but this is worse.

Well, México did win the battle, so maybe they want it as a victory souvenir. 

It’s so small, moving it wouldn’t take much. 

Dallas moved John Neely Bryan’s cabin, so...

That being said, I’m thinking that it has something to do with the value of the real estate it sits on. 

11 hours ago, Napoleon said:

That being said, I’m thinking that it has something to do with the value of the real estate it sits on. 

Yeah, back in 2015 when George P. Bush removed control of the Alamo from the Daughters of the Texas Revolution (who had managed the Alamo for over a century), more than a few people felt it was more about real estate values than any issues he brought up.

But last I heard, it wasn't the Alamo itself being moved (not even Bush is that stupid), but the cenotaph, according to the master plan developed by Bush and GLO.   They were going to revamp areas around there, close some streets, etc., move the cenotaph 500 or so feet (possibly near one of the funeral pyres).  In general, the value of the surrounding areas would go way up (as if they weren't already high).

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, back in 2015 when George P. Bush removed control of the Alamo from the Daughters of the Texas Revolution (who had managed the Alamo for over a century), more than a few people felt it was more about real estate values than any issues he brought up.

But last I heard, it wasn't the Alamo itself being moved (not even Bush is that stupid), but the cenotaph, according to the master plan developed by Bush and GLO.   They were going to revamp areas around there, close some streets, etc., move the cenotaph 500 or so feet (possibly near one of the funeral pyres).  In general, the value of the surrounding areas would go way up (as if they weren't already high).

This sounds about right. Personally, I think the changes being made are really good and for some reason a few people got really butthurt over the overhaul happening around the Alamo. The attacks against P Bush have no merit.

The only strange thing about all of this is the involvement of Phil Collins, that still remains a major WTF for a lot of people.

On 12/30/2018 at 7:02 PM, F250 said:

This sounds about right. Personally, I think the changes being made are really good and for some reason a few people got really butthurt over the overhaul happening around the Alamo. The attacks against P Bush have no merit.

This. I really don't get the freaking out over the Alamo plans.
I Think its the talk about moving the ugly monstrosity Cenotaph to the place it was originally going to go that has them up in arms. That thing has no historical bearing, it was erected a century after the battle, but they talk about it like its something historical.

Return the plaza back to somewhat what it was like before. Get rid of the Ripley's and all the other garish stuff there. Shut down traffic. Put up something close to what the outer walls looked like. Tear down the non historical buildings like the library, fire station, etc.

Here's the plan.

Edited by relapse98

Jerry Patterson.  An actual conservative. And when in office, he actually cared about Texas, its resources, and its people.

Today?

He's reviled as a RINO, libtard, etc.  For one reason, and one reason only - he refuses to worship at the altar of Trump.  

So, the answer is "no, there are no conservatives" left.  Only Trumpists and apostates.

9 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

What is this "conservative" you speak of?  I honestly want to know what it means to you.  There's a wealth of people calling themselves conservatives out there who continue to support Trump's assault on American assets and institutions.

Small limited Government, Respect and protect the rights of the individual based on Constitutional principles. Build Roads/Infrastructure, provide for the safety of the citizens with basic services, strong independent military to protect the National interests,  Let the States handle the rest.

10 hours ago, OWLVIS said:

Small limited Government, Respect and protect the rights of the individual based on Constitutional principles. Build Roads/Infrastructure, provide for the safety of the citizens with basic services, strong independent military to protect the National interests,  Let the States handle the rest.

There aren't very many of those in the country, much less Texas, and there haven't been many in my entire life that met that criteria.  I struggle to think of a single one that was ever in a leadership position anywhere in the US, much less Texas.

23 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

There aren't very many of those in the country, much less Texas, and there haven't been many in my entire life that met that criteria.  I struggle to think of a single one that was ever in a leadership position anywhere in the US, much less Texas.

It's really just a platitude, not a description.