Pac 12 officials are hilarious

Zavala

Did they apply the yardage correctly in the end, despite the lack of English language communication skills?

i figure that either the cook penalty was in play targeting as called, it and the holding offset, and the Gary Johnson penalty gets applied 15 yards from the initial LOS

or

the cook hit is changed to a late hit, the holding penalty is enforced 10 yards from the original LOS and then both PFs get applied for 30 yards for a net 20 yard advancement from the original LOS. 

Are either of those the correct outcome, and did either of those happen?

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Play before the penalty was at the UGA 46, play after the penalty was at the Texas 34.  So 10 yards on UGA, and then 30 on Texas for the PF and Targeting.  

So the officials got the yardage right even if they couldn't verbalize it.

What he said.

Even with the shitshow at the end, this game was officiated much better/cleaner than a big 12 game.  Hell, with a big 12 game, we would have had 4 or 5 trainwrecks like the personal fouls at the end, missed calls, blown calls, and calls where they fuck up both the verbalization and the penalty yardage.  

The biggest difference is last night, until the end, I didn't even notice the officials.  With a big 12 game, they're almost the focal point with their incompetence.  

2 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Even with the shitshow at the end, this game was officiated much better/cleaner than a big 12 game.  Hell, with a big 12 game, we would have had 4 or 5 trainwrecks like the personal fouls at the end, missed calls, blown calls, and calls where they fuck up both the verbalization and the penalty yardage.  

The biggest difference is last night, until the end, I didn't even notice the officials.  With a big 12 game, they're almost the focal point with their incompetence.  

Other than that the big complains is that once again we somehow were held only once the entire night, even in this game where our DL was having their way with their OL at times.

This is a major issue in college football to me right now, and is a huge factor in offenses taking over the game. They seriously need to address this at a national level. It used to be you could get away with holding inside the defender's frame and everyone knew that, but nowadays blockers engage defenders by grabbing the outside of their shoulder pads. That is holding and it should be called until it stops.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Other than that the big complains is that once again we somehow were held only once the entire night, even in this game where our DL was having their way with their OL at times.

This is a major issue in college football to me right now, and is a huge factor in offenses taking over the game. They seriously need to address this at a national level. It used to be you could get away with holding inside the defender's frame and everyone knew that, but nowadays blockers engage defenders by grabbing the outside of their shoulder pads. That is holding and it should be called until it stops.

Yep.   The egregious holding is out of control.   

18 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I agree, but I don't see this changing unfortunately.