Surviving R. Kelly (Lifetime)

Neonmoon

• 2 weeks later...

He's back in the Cook County jug tonight. Unless he comes up with $161,000 in back child support, he'll be there until trial.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2019/03/06/r-kelly-cbs-interview-gayle-king-court-child-support/3083301002/

Sheriff's Office spokesman Sam Randall told USA TODAY Kelly was taken into custody in the courtroom and will be transferred to the county jail, where he will stay until he pays what he owes.

Edited by GopherRock

Rewatched without my wife because she's a survivor of DV yet insisted on watching it despite becoming overcome with emotion. 

It's so fucked up on so many levels. Never liked the guy because I wasn't into R&B too much and thought the lyrics were mostly shit, even his collaboration with artists I would listen to. 

I could never envision becoming that rich (never want fame) and want that young of women around. Not only because it's wrong, and I love the more curvaceous and developed women, but you're just opening yourself to that big of a risk. This fucker not only is sick but has serious issues that's evident from him openly flaunting it and having those around him condone it. 

The only other issue I take is the issue of "had these been white girls..." I'm self aware enough of the issues minorities continue to face in a post civil rights era. The one juror who appeared in the documentary should be fucking shot for dismissing captain obvious claims simply because he didn't "like them or how they dressed." I don't think he could've came across any more racist in a two sentence statement. 

But this issue of had they been white, especially coming from Azriel's father, is complete bullshit. The documentary acknowledges the complexity and dynamics of the black community with accusations and celebrities. I sympathize with the father but holy fuck, don't give a shit if someone has been acquitted. There was too much smoke to be no fire. YOU were the one who thought it was ok to take YOUR teenage daughter to a pedophile's concert, allowed her to go on stage and be serenaded by a perv, and allowed the relationship to pursue despite whatever restrictions you thought you could place on someone with much more resources than yourself. I feel more bad for the mom. She's the only one that seemed to have the sense in that family of not wanting anything to do with kelly. 

I don't doubt there were non minorities who didn't believe any allegations. They said as much with the music executives and juror. But you have to take a harder look at your own community and not be so quick to dismiss because you want someone like you to make it. I don't see race when I look at someone and I for damn certain don't give one single fuck what race a predator is. I don't know how that father lives with himself with all the mistakes he made.

On 3/6/2019 at 8:38 PM, GopherRock said:

He's back in the Cook County jug tonight. Unless he comes up with $161,000 in back child support, he'll be there until trial.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2019/03/06/r-kelly-cbs-interview-gayle-king-court-child-support/3083301002/

And he's out.

A "benefactor" helped him come up with the $160k.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/03/09/r-kelly-pays-child-support-released-jail-cook-county-drea/

• 4 months later...