Brandon Jones Returning for 2019

CBHorn

That's awesome, but I hope that doesn't put Overshown in a bad spot. 

Quoted from a recruiting thread.

If he transfers he sits out a year and can start in 20

If he stays, he sees the field in packages, substitutions, injuries, and possibly starts depending on what Orlando cooks up in 19, and he starts in 20

If Overshown leaves, it is because he was leaving anyway or because he is an idoit. I am hoping the answer to both of those is NO.

giphy.gif

With Texas losing so many starters on Defense for 2019...... having Brandon Jones experience returning is huge. 

Brandon does a great job making sure that everyone is lined up correctly...... can't overstate how much having his experience and talent returning really helps the 2019 Horns Defense.....

Edited by LTtxfan

47 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

If he stays, he sees the field in packages, substitutions, injuries, and possibly starts depending on what Orlando cooks up in 19, and he starts in 20

If Overshown leaves, it is because he was leaving anyway or because he is an idoit. I am hoping the answer to both of those is NO.

Overshown not transferring (i haven't read anything to lead me to believe he is) is how we return to the top 5.  We have to have upperclassmen.  DO sits behind Jones next year then pushes for starter reps as a junior and is a freaking stud as a Sr.  Having depth, quality depth along with upperclassmen and stud young blue chippers providing depth is something we have been missing since '09.

5 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

But did anyone on here... or even jones himself for that matter... actually think he was leaving!?

He comes from a tough family situation.

He was putting up good tape at the beginning of the year.

He was "pleased" with the feedback he received from the draft advisory committee.

It wasn't a likely scenario, but it was definitely on the table.

13 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

giphy.gif

With Texas losing so many starters on Defense for 2019...... having Brandon Jones experience returning is huge. 

Brandon does a great job making sure that everyone is lined up correctly...... can't overstate how much having his experience and talent returning really helps the 2019 Horns Defense.....

So he's a coach on the field? Didn't we have one of those a few years ago--uh, uh, what was that kid's name? Faint, wispy images come and go . . . IHOP, . . . Jones Stadium . . . 

Lest I send a mixed message: I'm damn glad Jones is coming back. The other couch-on-the-field, not so much. 

That's awesome, but I hope that doesn't put Overshown in a bad spot. 

Yeah, I can’t imagine a transfer. You hear guys like Huff tell stories about showing up with Babers, Griffin, Ross, Geiger, et al on the roster and reloading every year wondering if there’s a spot for him. Work hard and be a part of DBU. Seems to pay off.
This is a good day.