2019 Big 12 Baseball Thread

Bash Riprock

1 hour ago, Homercles said:

TCU went from looking like crap to putting up 12 runs in the 4th to go up 12-1. Pokes won’t start until like 11p at this rate.

How can you post something like this and not mention it's against OU.  Even if we all know it, it needs to be stated.  

How can you post something like this and not mention it's against OU.  Even if we all know it, it needs to be stated.  

Oh it’s delicious that they got run ruled. But I also feel OU sucking is such a universal truth that it need not be stated EVERY post

Elliot goes 6 shutout....Battenfield on in the 7th.

Pokes have been sloppy tonight but it hasn't bitten them yet.

Define sloppy. All I’ve seen is great defense. Garcia has been great. That DP was huge. Elliott’s fielding. Shit man. Try to enjoy life a little. We’re fucking good. Ride that wave.

Fuck OU and fuck Rape U. #FatwaForever

And can I say that I fucking love Josh Holiday.  Every year like clockwork his teams peak at the end of the year.  It's pretty amazing. 

Reminds me of OSU basketball under Eddie Sutton.  We'd always be kind of blah in November and December and then some time in mid-January the team would find their groove and start laying waste to fools.

• Like 2

So just to get a little reset on the Big 12 tourney...

Today:

Texas Tech vs. Kansas at 3:15 in an elimination game.  Winner advances to play WVU tomorrow.

Rape U vs. TCU at 7:00 in an elimination game. Winner advances to play OSU tomorrow.

Saturday:

WVU vs. TTU/Kansas at 9 a.m.  WVU advances to championship with win; second game at 4 p.m. if WVU loses.

OSU vs. Rape U/TCU at 12:30 p.m.  OSU advances to championship with win; second game at 7:30 p.m. if OSU loses.

Sunday:

Championship at 1 p.m.

10 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

So just to get a little reset on the Big 12 tourney...

Today:

Texas Tech vs. Kansas at 3:15 in an elimination game.  Winner advances to play WVU tomorrow.

Rape U vs. TCU at 7:00 in an elimination game. Winner advances to play OSU tomorrow.

Saturday:

WVU vs. TTU/Kansas at 9 a.m.  WVU advances to championship with win; second game at 4 p.m. if WVU loses.

OSU vs. Rape U/TCU at 12:30 p.m.  OSU advances to championship with win; second game at 7:30 p.m. if OSU loses.

Sunday:

Championship at 1 p.m.

Evidently Tech is the first one seed to make the semifinals of this tournament since 2014.

39 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Tech vs WVU playing? TV schedule says yes but there's some program about minor league baseball on right now.

Actually, D1 Baseball said 11:30, but it's on now.  I guess they started 45 minutes or so after the TCU-Baylor resumed game.

Good job 'Pokes !     Like that the team did not dogpile till Omaha - Josh knows.

Kendall thinks you will be a Top 8 seed with Tech.

Kendall RogersVerified account @KendallRogers 23m23 minutes ago

We will deliberate this later today, but @OSUBaseball is a Top 8 national seed for me. Incredible past month for @joshhollidayosu and the #Pokes.

• Like 2

Good job 'Pokes !     Like that the team did not dogpile till Omaha - Josh knows.

Kendall thinks you will be a Top 8 seed with Tech.
Kendall Rogers‏Verified account @KendallRogers 23m23 minutes ago
We will deliberate this later today, but @OSUBaseball is a Top 8 national seed for me. Incredible past month for @joshhollidayosu and the #Pokes.    

We may disappoint you if we win our regional or super.

The 16 regional sites, with host institutions and records are as follows: 

•    Athens, Georgia – Georgia (44-15)
•    Atlanta, Georgia – Georgia Tech (41-17)
•    Baton Rouge, Louisiana – LSU (37-24)
•    Chapel Hill, North Carolina – North Carolina (42-17)
•    Corvallis, Oregon – Oregon St. (36-18-1)
•    Fayetteville, Arkansas – Arkansas (41-17)
•    Greenville, North Carolina – East Carolina (43-15)
•    Los Angeles, California – UCLA (47-8)
•    Louisville, Kentucky – Louisville (43-15)
•    Lubbock, Texas – Texas Tech (39-17)
•    Morgantown, West Virginia – West Virginia (37-20)
•    Nashville, Tennessee – Vanderbilt (49-10)
•    Oxford, Mississippi – Ole Miss (37-25)
•    Stanford, California – Stanford (41-11)
•    Starkville, Mississippi – Mississippi St. (46-13)
•    Stillwater, Oklahoma – Oklahoma St. (35-18)

1 hour ago, Okie State said:
1 hour ago, slorch said:
No self jynx, but that'd be just great if LBK and Stillwater are Top 8 seeds and Waco is not.

I could get behind this. Or Baylor being left out all together.

way to go.  nice call.

good to see Morgantown get some love too.