2019 Big 12 Baseball Thread

Bash Riprock

that was a pretty good sweep by Tech they have played pretty erratic all season though with some bad midweek losses and some other losses they should have not let happen

they have some issues with pitching depth it seems like and they are not consistent with hitting they either light the shit out of teams or they do next to nothing and that is against teams they should beat....then worst of all in close games especially high scoring ones they have given a number of them away for a loss

Tech had a couple of games canceled they probably wished were not like a New Mexico game, the Oregon game and even SHSU......those all were games where Tech had been playing well (with the exception of prior to SHSU) and could have added a possible good win

I have not followed OkState closely, but it looks like they have the same issues as Tech....playing down to some teams like Kansas and UCA (no offense Kansas), having some games canceled they probably wish they had played like ORU and UALR and dropping a game in a series that prevented a sweep after playing really well the first couple of games (I would assume pitching depth) like Wright State, UT-RGV and SE-LA

the one thing with baseball is you can use the regular season to get your shit together and figure stuff out and then make a run in the post season and it all works out if you figured out in the regular season

WVU is having a pretty good season compared to most they have some decent OOC games coming up if they can take most of them that will be big for them

looking at OU's schedule they pretty much have conference games left they can either shit on a lot of conference teams to end their year with a pretty good record or eat shit in these last few conference games and end the year with a lot of OOC wins.....they really have a crazy schedule

hopefully TCU can just make it into the post season and get sent to aggy and deliver their annual punch in the  jizz jar fillers junk

I'm not sure what the deal is with TCU this year. Hard to believe that Schloss would play the "private schools can't recruit because of schollies/tuition" card. I know Rice has full rides for all of their athletes but others manage and so has TCU over the years. As was mentioned though, he's kinda been teetering on leaving so maybe he's paving his exit with excuses and to paint a large public school as a more desirable location. 

Tuesday (4/30):

UTRGV @ Texas Tech (UTRGV 6-3)

Lamar @ Baylor CANCELED

Oklahoma State @ Oral Roberts CANCELED 

Marshall @ West Virginia (WVU 2-0)

TCU @ Abilene Christian (TCU 11-6)

Texas @ Texas A&M Corpus Christi (A&M-CC 8-2)

Kansas @ Air Force (AF 3-2)

Wednesday (5/1):

UTRGV @ Texas Tech

Wichita State @ Kansas State

Kansas @ Air Force

Baylor/KSt got suspended in the 6th after the second lightning delay, game to resume tomorrow around 2:30. Score was tied 3-3, Bears had men on 1st and 2nd with one out when they stopped play.

Wildcats were up 3-1 right before the first delay in the 4th, their starter was humming along. HUGE crack of thunder, Baylor player hits a moonshot with a runner on 2nd and as they cross home the umps called time. 

39 minutes ago, DeadArmadillo said:

I fear that going 5-4 against the teams that are 7th, 8th, and 9th in the standings and crapping away that first game against Rape cost Tech the Big 12 crown

8 seed is all I care about at this point.  Seems more attainable than the Big XII Title.

Just now, Homercles said:

Pokes sweep Oregon State, won 8-7 today. Not that it matters in the standings but good for RPi, badly needed after sweep at Tech

Just now, Okie State said:

Annnnnd sweep. Nice weekend.

that was a really good series of wins by OkState

the first game had a pretty late start (probably by design) and OkState took it and a really close back and forth game today that was down to the last outs

• Like 1

6 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Baylor will just about have to lose out for anyone to catch them at this point. With only 1 or 2 conference series left, depending on schedule, there's not much time. Conference series sweeps are hard to come by. 

Remaining Big 12 Conference Series

Baylor:     at Okie Lite

Tech:    TCU 

WVa:     at K-State

OSU:    at blOU / Baylor

blOU:    OSU/  at Texas

TCU:    KU/  at Tech

K-State:     WVa/  at KU

Texas:     blOU 

Kansas:  at TCU/  K-State

the first game had a pretty late start (probably by design) and OkState took it and a really close back and forth game today that was down to the last outs
Very nice response from the team. We needed that in a big way.

45 minutes ago, Okie State said:
1 hour ago, ButtFumble said:

Very nice response from the team. We needed that in a big way.

2 out of 3 would have been really good, but half way across the USA taking all 3 at their park with two of them being 1 run games (including 1-0) and then the big win in the middle was pretty impressive

• Like 1

Baylor has a 9 day break in their schedule before playing UT Arlington. Two days after that they head to Stillwater to start the final series of the season vs the Pokes. What happens during those 9 days off with other teams could be interesting.

19 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Well that was surprising. My expectations for the Oregon State series was "don't get swept"... and then we go up there and sweep.  Very nice. That bumped us all the way to #12 in RPI.

It'd be nice to sweep OU this weekend and set up a big series with Baylor.  I think a sweep is the only way we keep our slim hopes to win the Big XII alive.  

Edited by Go Pokes
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

It'd be nice to sweep OU this weekend and set up a big series with Baylor.  I think a sweep is the only way we keep our slim hopes to win the Big XII alive.  

Heck yeah. And given Josh's record in Bedlam, a sweep isn't that far fetched.

I'll be at the game in Tulsa on Friday...

3 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Well that was surprising. My expectations for the Oregon State series was "don't get swept"... and then we go up there and sweep.  Very nice. That bumped us all the way to #12 in RPI.

Very impressive series. Congrats.

https://d1baseball.com/chats/d1baseball-weekly-chat-may-6/

http://www.boydsworld.com/baseball/rpi/currentrpi.html

Lot of  info on B12 teams in the D1 Chat.   (don't have time to c&p).   Recommended reading  especially for Tech, OKSt fans.    And D1 thinks TCU can sneak into the NCAAs winning the Tech series and a strong finish in the tournament.    Also,  say Texas is done (outside of winning conf tourn) due to conference record.

RPI (6 May)

Tech - 9

OKSt -Kan 12

WVU - 18

Baylor - 27

OU - 46

Texas - 59  (49 before Kansas)

TCU - 70

KSt - 75

Kansas - 86

• Like 1