2019 Big 12 Baseball Thread

Bash Riprock

24 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

SOS will drop when we play Xavier. Their team ERA is around 7.00, and they have a guy who's started multiple games sporting a WHIP over 2.00.

Not sure that is right. They are #35 in RPI and have top 50 games between now and next weekend. 

7 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Tech above us? I mean sure they played Kentucky and Oregon but they had them both at home. I don't see any road trips to Stanford there.

Total diss having UT at 6 right?

The 3 games in Austin helped the SOS for Tech too.  To your point, there ain't a bunch of strong roadies this season for Tech, really aside from that one.

The beauty of it all, is that it will be played out on the field, and it is extremely unlikely Tech and UT will cross paths in the post-season, unless it is Omaha.

29 minutes ago, Cajun said:

NMSU is borderline, but still has more chops historically than any satellite we've put on the schedule.  

I find your shit talk about incarnate world to be spot on.

NMSU also has the benefit of being far enough away from most so it has to draw Arizona for midweek games.   It's part of why I can't wait for Boise St to add baseball so the Tuesday night games up here can be more interesting.

Edited by petscii

5 minutes ago, petscii said:

I find your shit talk about incarnate world to be spot on.

NMSU also has the benefit of being far enough away from most so it has to draw Arizona for midweek games.   It's part of why I can't wait for Boise St to add baseball so the Tuesday night games up here can be more interesting.

If UTEP would just bring back baseball...

1 hour ago, Horny Bull said:

Saturday (3/23):

Texas 13

TCU 1

Oklahoma 4

Kansas 3

Baylor 12

West Virginia 0

Oklahoma State 5

Kansas State 4

Texas Tech 8

Michigan 5

OU, Baylor, and OSU are all going for sweeps in their Big 12 opening series.  

3 hours ago, slorch said:

Total diss having UT at 6 right?

The 3 games in Austin helped the SOS for Tech too.  To your point, there ain't a bunch of strong roadies this season for Tech, really aside from that one.

The beauty of it all, is that it will be played out on the field, and it is extremely unlikely Tech and UT will cross paths in the post-season, unless it is Omaha.

Well people around here were bitching about how we always schedule this ridiculously hard schedule that nobody else in the whole country would ever play and self-handicapping ourselves.

17 hours ago, DeadArmadillo said:

I think UTEP could have a really solid baseball program.  If they could just sneak one decent player per class away from Tech, ASU, Zona, Grand Canyon and the New Mexico schools, that would be a pretty strong base 

UTEP is not going to add another men's sports program.

11 hours ago, DeadArmadillo said:

You understand that I never said they would.  But if they ever did, they have the potential to be pretty good

Sure. If they wanted a program, had the resources to have a program, and had the resources to properly support it beyond the bare minimum then maybe they might be pretty good.

I was just saying none of those three things are likely to happen. You didn't say that and I felt like that needed to be pointed out.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Tech sure had a weird schedule this weekend. And Oklahoma is playing at Oklahoma State for a midweek game? Huh?

Ready for the buzzsaw of Incarnate Word tonight!

OU/OK St just an exhibition,  doesn't count in conference.    They have a regular weekend series later.

Incarnate Word did beat A&M 6-5 in February -  but did so with one of their 3 main starters.    Pitcher tonight making his first start this year.    Per stats,  they seem to have a good hitting team (.311).    Patrick Hallmark,  their coach,  was asst at Rice with Pierce.

4 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Tech sure had a weird schedule this weekend. And Oklahoma is playing at Oklahoma State for a midweek game? Huh?

Ready for the buzzsaw of Incarnate Word tonight!

Yeah we've been doing this for a while.  The normal conference series is in May.  We always play each twice a year in mid-week "non-conference" games... one in Norman and one in Stillwater.  It's not a bad idea really... easy travel for both teams, guaranteed good crowds at both places and RPI boost.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, torre said:

OU/OK St just an exhibition,  doesn't count in conference.    They have a regular weekend series later.

Incarnate Word did beat A&M 6-5 in February -  but did so with one of their 3 main starters.    Pitcher tonight making his first start this year.    Per stats,  they seem to have a good hitting team (.311).    Patrick Hallmark,  their coach,  was asst at Rice with Pierce.

He was the hitting coach at Rice when Pierce was there.  Pierce handled the pitchers.

Yeah we've been doing this for a while.  The normal conference series is in May.  We always play each twice a year in mid-week "non-conference" games... one in Norman and one in Stillwater.  It's not a bad idea really... easy travel for both teams, guaranteed good crowds at both places and RPI boost.

Only got to to watch the last 1.5 innings but we won on a walkoff crank up the middle with runners on the corners and two outs, B9.

Is...is it ok if I say Fuck OU here?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Homercles said:

Only got to to watch the last 1.5 innings but we won on a walkoff crank up the middle with runners on the corners and two outs, B9.

Is...is it ok if I say Fuck OU here?

Appropriate any time or place.

I'll say it at my father's funeral.  You know, when that time comes.

12 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Bedlam series is pretty cool with one game in Tulsa, one in Stillwater, one in OKC, and one in Norman every year.

Yes it's so much fun. 

As it were, we beat OU Sucks last night in our "non-conference" game with them.

That is our 8th straight win against OU and Josh's record against them is now an absurd 21-6 (.778).

5 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yes it's so much fun. 

As it were, we beat OU Sucks last night in our "non-conference" game with them.

That is our 8th straight win against OU and Josh's record againsts them is now an absurd 21-6 (.778).

So what you're saying is, that in the recent OU vs. OSU series, that OU sucks?

Read that the above postponed games will be made up in a DH today. Good because postponed games can be either advantage/disadvantage in final standings.   

TCU/OKSt  on FSSW (Ch1755/ Uverse) today at 2PM if you need a college baseball fix before Elite 8 and the Xavier game.

Edited by torre
  • Like 1

Read that the above postponed games will be made up in a DH today. Good because postponed games can be either advantage/disadvantage in final standings.   

TCU/OKSt  on FSSW (Ch1755/ Uverse) today at 2PM if you need a college baseball fix before Elite 8 and the Xavier game.

Pokes/we played uninspired yesterday. Sure hope that changes today but their pitcher was nails and Elliot was all over the map in the inning Frog banged out a 3HR + too many errors.

Y’all aren’t the only team with road problems.