2019 Big 12 Baseball Thread

Bash Riprock

On 4/1/2019 at 9:38 AM, oSuJeff97 said:

Current RPIs... man what's with TCU being so low?  Guess they played a crappy non-con...

7 Texas Tech
18 Texas
19 Oklahoma State
20 West Virginia
29 OU Sucks
56 Rape U
80 TCU
142 Kansas State
150 Kansas

Thanks for posting the info.

That is strange about TCU.     Don't have time to research,  but they did go on the road to Arizona and beat Vanderbilt and Virginia, took 2/3 at Long Beach.   Lost to aggy and Rice at the Shriner's in Houston and the rest of their nonconference looks comparable to everyone.

TCU does seem to have a bullpen problem as evidenced by the past weekend series with your 'Pokes.

Tuesday (4/2):

Texas A&M @ Texas (A&M 9-6)

Texas Tech @ New Mexico (TTU 15-6)

UT Arlington @ TCU (TCU 3-2)

Oral Roberts @ Oklahoma (ORU 4-2)

Baylor @ Dallas Baptist (BAY 5-1)

Central Arkansas @ Oklahoma State (UCA 8-4)

Wichita State @ Kansas (WSU 9-1)

Nebraska @ Kansas State (NEB 7-0)

Wednesday (4/3):

Texas Tech @ New Mexico

Pittsburgh @ West Virginia

Kansas State @ Missouri

17 hours ago, Homercles said:

Pokes lose and drop the home series 1-2. This team makes little sense to me with our pitching decisions. Oh well I got faith in Josh but man was hoping baseball would be a brighter spot for OSU this year.

I know last year injuries were a factor for the pitching staff,   but what is the fan opinion of Rob Walton ?   Has he lost his touch,  recruiting, etc ?

Tuesday (4/9):

Rice @ Texas (TEX 3-1)

Texas Tech @ New Mexico State (TTU 10-5)

TCU @ Dallas Baptist (DBU 11-6)

Texas Southern @ Oklahoma (OU 10-2)

Baylor @ UT Arlington (UTA 2-1)

Missouri State @ Kansas (KU 11-6)

Wednesday (4/10):

Texas Southern @ Oklahoma

Oklahoma State @ Wichita State

West Virginia @ Maryland

Omaha @ Kansas State

13 hours ago, zork said:

id like to see the same amount of scholarships in baseball as softball before you talk about adding assistants in baseball or softball.

Yeah, bro.

That extra *checks notes* 0.3 of a scholarship is really important.  Makes all the difference. 

Edited by Js1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Yeah, bro.

That extra *checks notes* 0.3 of a scholarship is really important.  Makes all the difference. 

you are right, .3 difference between softball and baseball is negligible.  I remember having discussion on the topic a long time ago and it seemed there was more disparity then.  just did some rudimentary searches and .3 was the difference as far back as 2012.   couldn't find anything earlier than that.  11.7 or 11 still seems kinda light for either squad.

Baseball and softball scholarship amounts shouldn't be equal based on 11.7 = 11.7, but should be equalled out based on necessary roster sizes.  Softball carries 18-20.  Baseball carries 35'ish.  To me that's where the bigger discrepancy lies between the two and their scholarship equivalencies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, texashorn13 said:

Baseball and softball scholarship amounts shouldn't be equal based on 11.7 = 11.7, but should be equalled out based on necessary roster sizes.  Softball carries 18-20.  Baseball carries 35'ish.  To me that's where the bigger discrepancy lies between the two and their scholarship equivalencies.

Right, which is why CDC is saying he's not sure why softball needs to have the same number of coaches as baseball.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2019 at 8:54 AM, torre said:

I know last year injuries were a factor for the pitching staff,   but what is the fan opinion of Rob Walton ?   Has he lost his touch,  recruiting, etc ?

I can't speak for everyone, but I think that, in general, the OSU baseball team probably has the highest "approval rating" of all the OSU coaching staffs.

I think most people realize that Josh (and Rob) have been getting it done competing at the highest level recruiting to VERY outdated facilities. 

That will all change next year when we move into the new facilities, so we'll see how it goes from there.

• Like 1