2019 NFL Mock Draft Mockery Thread

satyanash

• 2 weeks later...

OT Trent Brown 2015 49ers 7th Rd Draft pick getting new 4yr $66mill Contract with The Raiders.  Helped New England win 2019 Superbowl....

Trent Brown now will currently be highest paid OL in the NFL

That OL Coach for Patriots deserves a commission...

Edited by LTtxfan

Updated Draft Order after Odell Beckham trade..

2019 Round #1    

1.  Cardinals

2.  49ers

3.  Jets

4.  Raiders

5.  Buccaneers

6.  Giants

7.  Jaguars

8.  Lions

9.   Bills

10.  Broncos

11.   Bengals

12.   Packers

13.   Dolphins

14.   Falcons

15.   Washington

16.   Panthers

17    Giants (via Browns)

18.   Vikings

19.   Titans

20.   Steelers

21.   Seahawks

22.   Ravens

23.   Texans

24.   Raiders (via Bears)

25.   Eagles

26.   Colts

27.   Raiders (via Cowboys)

28.   Chargers

29.   Chiefs

30.   Packers (via Saints)

31.   Rams

32.   Patriots

• 2 weeks later...

New England

New England now owns a total of 12 picks in this year’s draft, including six in the first three rounds:

First round: No. 32 overall (original)
Second round: No. 56 overall (via Chicago)
Second round: No. 64 overall (original)
Third round: No. 73 overall (via Detroit)
Third round: No. 97 (compensatory)
Third round: No. 101 (compensatory)
Fourth round: No. 134 (original)
Sixth round: No. 205 (compensatory)
Seventh round: No. 239 (via Philadelphia)
Seventh round: No. 243 (via Cleveland, via Kansas City)
Seventh round: No. 246 (original)
Seventh round: No. 252 (compensatory)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New York Giants

The New York Giants have 12 picks in 2019 Draft

Round 1 (No. 6) 
Round 1 (No. 17) 
Round 2 (No. 37) 
Round 3 (No. 95) 
Round 4 (No. 108) 
Round 5 (No. 132) 
Round 5 (No. 142) 
Round 5 (No. 143) 
Round 5 (No. 171) 
Round 6 (No. 180) 
Round 7 (No. 232) 
Round 7 (No. 245) 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dallas Cowboys

Below are the six picks the Cowboys own in the 2019 draft.

2019 NFL draft

When: April 25-27
Round 1: April 25, 7 p.m. CT
Where: Nashville, Tenn.

Dallas' picks

Round 1 -- None (Amari Cooper trade)
Round 2 -- No. 58 overall
Round 3 -- No. 90 overall
Round 4 -- No. 128 overall
Round 4 -- No. 136 overall
Round 5 -- No. 165 overall
Round 6 -- None (Bene Benwikere trade)
Round 7 -- No. 241 overall

The Cowboys and Colts alternate picking 26th and 27th in each round due to the two teams finishing with the same 10-6 record, postseason appearances and strength of schedule.

I think the Giants can right the ship quite a bit this year. Losing OBJ is huge, but if you could turn a 2nd or 3rd rounder into Josh Rosen, then use those 2 firsts on needs like DL and WR, nab a S like Adderly in the high 2nd, not all hope is lost. Their trade to get Zeitler from Cleveland was nice.

I dunno, sounds pretty hopeful, maybe it's unrealistic. I just don't think they're doomed forever, unless they commit to Eli beyond this year.

12 hours ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Can someone post the McShay/Kiper 2 Round mock 

It's not very good... but here you go:

The 2019 NFL draft is right around the corner, and we're going two rounds on our next mock draft, with head-to-head pick predictions from Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay. That means both of our draft experts go 1-64, starting with the Cardinals at No. 1 and ending with the Patriots at No. 64. They aren't making these picks for Round 1 and 2 based on their preferences; they're peering into the future and predicting what they think will happen during the draft. As a reminder, they're not making any trades, though trades will undoubtedly change the draft when it kicks off April 25.

ROUND 1

1. Arizona Cardinals

Kiper: Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma

Arizona is putting up smokescreens, but I'm not changing here. Murray is a perfect fit for what coach Kliff Kingsbury wants to do.

McShay: Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma

It's been a month since the combine, and I still can't find anyone close to the situation saying Arizona prefers keeping Josh Rosen over taking Murray here. Remember, though: This is lying season. Murray's explosive athleticism would spark this docile offense.

2. San Francisco 49ers

Kiper: Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State

The best pass-rusher in this class is a near lock to go in the first two picks. Could a team trade up to No. 2 to try to get him?

McShay: Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State

If Bosa is still in fact available, expect the Niners to either jump on the elite edge rusher or trade down, a possible scenario now that Dee Ford is in town.

3. New York Jets

Kiper: Josh Allen, OLB, Kentucky

Even after splashing cash in free agency, the Jets have a hole at edge rusher. Allen would help immediately.

McShay: Josh Allen, OLB, Kentucky

Watch for the Jets to trade back with a team in search of a quarterback. That's what I'd do here, if possible. If they don't, it's a tougher call, but Allen fits this defense.

4. Oakland Raiders

Kiper: Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama

Williams is the type of defensive playmaker Jon Gruden loves, and you have to think the Raiders coach would be thrilled if he made it to No. 4.

McShay: Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama

Could the Raiders think about a quarterback here? Gruden got to see Drew Lock up close at the Senior Bowl. But let's not forget that this team badly needs defensive-line help. Williams had 19.5 tackles for loss and eight sacks last season.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Kiper: Devin White, ILB, LSU

I'm beginning to think you're copying me, Todd. ... White could be a replacement for Kwon Alexander, who joined San Francisco in free agency. Defensive end is another position to watch here.

McShay: Devin White, ILB, LSU

Yeah, I agree with Mel. White would be a great fit as the Bucs' defensive quarterback. His high-end instincts and speed helped him to 123 tackles in 2018.

6. New York Giants

Kiper: Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State

I'm sticking with Haskins to the Giants, even though they have a gaping void in their edge rush. I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't take a quarterback in Round 1, though.

McShay: Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State

This is a tough call, but you just have to think the Giants take a quarterback here. They do need pass-rushers, but I don't see them opting for Montez Sweat or Rashan Gary over taking care of their No. 1 problem.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars

Kiper: Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida

Jacksonville's biggest need? Right tackle. The best right tackle in this draft? Taylor. Perfect fit.

McShay: Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida

Seeing eye-to-eye through seven picks! Have to love that, Mel. Stick Taylor at right tackle to protect Nick Foles and block for the Leonard Fournette ground game.

8. Detroit Lions

Kiper: Montez Sweat, DE, Mississippi State

Yes, the Lions added Trey Flowers in free agency, but Sweat would give them a second top-tier defensive end in one offseason.

McShay: T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa

I do like the idea of plugging Sweat into the Ezekiel Ansah edge role, but Hockenson's talent is off the charts. Let's get Matthew Stafford a weapon in the passing game.

9. Buffalo Bills

Kiper: Ed Oliver, DT, Houston

Oliver is a top-10 prospect on my board, and I don't think he will drop past Buffalo at No. 9. Remember: Kyle Williams retired after the 2018 season.

McShay: Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan Gary's athleticism would help fill a big need off the edge. I could also see the Bills taking a tackle or cornerback here.

10. Denver Broncos

Kiper: T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa

We know Joe Flacco loves throwing to tight ends, and Hockenson would give him a true No. 1 tight end to target.

McShay: Drew Lock, QB, Missouri

I don't love this pairing, but I also don't think Flacco is the long-term quarterback answer. If Lock is already off the board, pass-catcher or defensive line makes the most sense for John Elway at No. 10.

11. Cincinnati Bengals

Kiper: Drew Lock, QB, Missouri

The Bengals aren't tied long term to Andy Dalton, who is signed through 2020 but has no more guaranteed money on his contract. Taking Lock here would give new coach Zac Taylor a young quarterback to mold for the future.

McShay: Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan

Quarterback is definitely an option, but the Bengals badly want to restock the linebacker corps. Vontaze Burfict is gone, and Bush's range and leadership would fill the void.

12. Green Bay Packers

Kiper: D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss

The Packers focused on improving their defense in free agency, and they could use their two first-round picks in this draft on offense. Metcalf has the potential to become Aaron Rodgers' No. 1 target.

McShay: D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss

Despite the free-agency aggressiveness, the Packers still have to get help for Rodgers. T.J. Hockenson probably won't be available, and Noah Fant is a bit of a reach. Metcalf is a physical specimen.

13. Miami Dolphins

Kiper: Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan

You have to think the Dolphins, who are undergoing a serious rebuild, would be thrilled to get a high-ceiling pass-rusher like Gary here.

McShay: Ed Oliver, DT, Houston

In this scenario, the top quarterbacks are gone. Don't overthink it; take the best available player. That's Oliver.

14. Atlanta Falcons

Kiper: Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson

This could be a spot for a defensive back, too, but I like the fit of Wilkins next to Grady Jarrett.

McShay: Montez Sweat, DE, Mississippi State

If Ed Oliver is available, he'd fit in nicely, especially with Jarrett back on the franchise tag. But while there's still untapped potential in Vic Beasley Jr. and Takkarist McKinley, Atlanta would value Sweat's speed and pass-rush ability.

15. Washington Redskins

Kiper: Daniel Jones, QB, Duke

Surprised? Don't be. The Redskins need to find a quarterback of the future, and there are several teams who like Jones. In Washington, he would be given time to adjust to the NFL while Case Keenum starts in 2019.

McShay: Brian Burns, OLB, Florida State

Washington could trade for Josh Rosen, which would remedy the quarterback concerns. Burns is a unique talent with upside, and while he played defensive end for the Seminoles, he could make the move to stand-up edge rusher.

16. Carolina Panthers

Kiper: Brian Burns, OLB, Florida State

I expect Carolina to go with the best available edge rusher here. The Panthers had just 35 sacks last season, which ranked 27th in the league.

McShay: Jonah Williams, OT/G, Alabama

Edge rushing and cornerback are the biggest issues. But Williams is a value pick here, and after the Panthers already added Matt Paradis, he further upgrades that line.

17. New York Giants (from Cleveland Browns)

Kiper: Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson

I gave New York a quarterback at No. 6, which means it has to address its pass rush with its other first-round pick. Ferrell is a prototypical 4-3 defensive end.

McShay: Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson

Big Blue undoubtedly needs edge guys, but that whole line is really in shambles. The versatile Wilkins would be a good start in rebuilding the unit.

18. Minnesota Vikings

Kiper: Jonah Williams, OT/G, Alabama

It doesn't matter if Williams ends up at guard or tackle -- he'd help Minnesota at either spot.

McShay: Chris Lindstrom, G, Boston College

I would have liked a defensive tackle here to replace Sheldon Richardson, but Ed Oliver and Christian Wilkins are off the board. The Vikes added Josh Kline but still need help protecting the quarterback.

19. Tennessee Titans

Kiper: Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson

Lawrence needs to go to a team that plays a 3-4 defense -- he's the best nose tackle in the class -- and this is right about where I expect him to get picked.

McShay: Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma This might be a little early for Brown, but he's the best receiver in the class -- when healthy. A trio of Brown, Corey Davis and Adam Humphries looks pretty good.

20. Pittsburgh Steelers

Kiper: Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan

Pittsburgh brought in Mark Barron in free agency, but he shouldn't be a lock to start. Bush is a playmaker and every-down linebacker.

McShay: Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

The Steelers would love an edge rusher or a guy like Bush here, but there just aren't solid options at No. 20. Williams' length and speed ought to help him overcome his lower-end tackling skills.

21. Seattle Seahawks

Kiper: Chris Lindstrom, G, Boston College

After moving from tackle to guard last season, Lindstrom had a rock-solid 2018. He's my top-ranked guard.

McShay: Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State

There are off-field issues, and he's recovering from a torn ACL, but Simmons is a high-end talent. I wouldn't discount Seattle looking at a tone-setter safety like Johnathan Abram here to fill the Earl Thomas void, however.

22. Baltimore Ravens

Kiper: Erik McCoy, C/G, Texas A&M

Baltimore could go defensive line here, but McCoy would be an immediate starter along the interior offensive line.

McShay: Garrett Bradbury, C, NC State

Edge rusher Clelin Ferrell would make sense, too, but Bradbury is a pro-ready center who excels both in pass protection and run blocking.

23. Houston Texans

Kiper: Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State

Let's get some protection for Deshaun Watson, who was sacked a league-high 62 times last season. Dillard could play left or right tackle.

McShay: Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State This is a no-brainer. You just can't have your franchise quarterback taking that many sacks.

24. Oakland Raiders (from Chicago Bears)

Kiper: Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama

Oakland needs a No. 1 back, and Jacobs is the most -- and most versatile -- RB in this class.

McShay: Byron Murphy, CB, Washington

The Raiders need a lot of things, but they neeeed a corner. Murphy's ball skills would be welcomed with open arms.

25. Philadelphia Eagles

Kiper: Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi State

Time to start thinking about a Malcolm Jenkins replacement? He's 31. Abram is my No. 1-ranked safety.

McShay: Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia

Philly gets a super-instinctive cornerback here for a defense that was No. 30 in passing yards per game last season.

26. Indianapolis Colts

Kiper: Terry McLaurin, WR, Ohio State

Like several teams, the Colts could also add a defensive linemen here, but Andrew Luck could use more weapons, too. McLaurin is a big-play threat.

McShay: Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson

Still hanging around late in the first, Ferrell slides in as a great fit at end in the Colts' 4-3. Indy can still get a receiver early in Round 2.

27. Oakland Raiders (from Dallas Cowboys)

Kiper: Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia

The cornerback spot opposite Gareon Conley is wide open. There could be a run on corners at the end of Round 1.

McShay: Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama

It took three extra picks, but I also have Jacobs heading to the Bay. He hits holes hard and would pair nicely with Isaiah Crowell in a revamped run game.

28. Los Angeles Chargers

Kiper: Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple

The Chargers like slot corner Desmond King, but the other spot opposite Casey Hayward could be upgraded with Ya-Sin.

McShay: Cody Ford, OT/G, Oklahoma

I'd like to get the Bolts someone in the middle of that defensive line, but the offensive side is equally in need. Ford, who played both guard and tackle at OU, has some versatility.

29. Kansas City Chiefs

Kiper: Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

If an edge rusher falls, Kansas City could pounce at No. 29. But Williams could be a steal this late in Round 1.

McShay: Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi State

Abram closes like a heat-seeking missile. I love his approach to the position. With or without Eric Berry, he immediately improves the secondary from the back end.

30. Green Bay Packers (from New Orleans Saints)

Kiper: Noah Fant, TE, Iowa

Yes, that's a wide receiver and tight end for the Packers, who need to maximize the later years of Aaron Rodgers' career.

McShay: Noah Fant, TE, Iowa

Remember when I said Fant would be a bit of a reach for Green Bay at No. 12? Well, lucky for Packers fans, he's still here at No. 30.

31. Los Angeles Rams

Kiper: Garrett Bradbury, C, NC State

I thought about cornerback here, but Bradbury could replace John Sullivan in the middle of the offensive line.

McShay: Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson

A 342-pound run-stopper with 5.05 speed ought to replace Ndamukong Suh nicely alongside Aaron Donald.

32. New England Patriots

Kiper: Irv Smith Jr., TE, Alabama

Bill Belichick could address the front seven, but I like Smith here as a potential Gronk replacement.

McShay: Irv Smith Jr., TE, Alabama

The Pats have 12 picks, and history suggests they'll wait until Day 2 to get their future quarterback project. I agree with Mel here -- Smith is a matchup nightmare.

ROUND 2

33. Arizona Cardinals

Kiper: Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma

If I'm giving Kyler Murray to the Cardinals at No. 1, I can get them his favorite receiver at the top of Round 2.

McShay: Erik McCoy, C/G, Texas A&M

When you have a 5-foot-10 quarterback like Murray, you'd better protect him.

34. Indianapolis Colts (from New York Jets)

Kiper: Byron Murphy, CB, Washington

Murphy, who had seven interceptions in two college seasons, could sneak into Round 1.

McShay: A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss

Brown in the slot with T.Y. Hilton and Devin Funchess outside and Eric Ebron and Jack Doyle at tight end? Andrew Luck will be excited.

35. Oakland Raiders

Kiper: Jaylon Ferguson, DE, Louisiana Tech

Let's recap the Raiders' four picks in the top 35: a dominant defensive tackle at No. 4; the draft's best running back at No. 24; a starting corner at No. 27; and the NCAA's career sacks leader (45) at No. 35.

McShay: L.J. Collier, DE, TCU

These guys are picking again? Let's address the edge now with Collier after a significant first round.

36. San Francisco 49ers

Kiper: A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss

We already know San Francisco was in the Antonio Brown/Odell Beckham Jr. trade sweepstakes. A.J. Brown has the potential to be a No. 1 receiver.

McShay: Taylor Rapp, S, Washington

Receiver is certainly something to watch, but man, the Niners could use Rapp's coverage instincts in a weak safety unit.

37. New York Giants

Kiper: Cody Ford, G/OT, Oklahoma

This could be the best-case scenario for the Giants, who can stick Ford at right tackle, where he would be a mauler in the run game.

McShay: Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple

Ya-Sin would likely start right away opposite Janoris Jenkins for an extremely shallow cornerback group.

38. Jacksonville Jaguars

Kiper: Taylor Rapp, S, Washington

If Jacksonville adds an offensive lineman in the first round, safety is the next need I have on my list. Rapp is good against the run and might be better playing closer to the line of scrimmage.

McShay: N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State

The Jags already have good potential at wide receiver, but Harry's size-speed combination would be an asset for Nick Foles.

39. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Kiper: Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State

Simmons tore his ACL last month, but he's still a top-15 prospect on my board. Tampa could also target a guard here.

McShay: Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware

Tampa Bay surrendered 31 plays of 30-plus yards in 2018, the second-highest total in the league. Adderley helps on the back end.

40. Buffalo Bills

Kiper: N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State

The Bills signed receivers John Brown and Cole Beasley in free agency, but neither is a No. 1 wideout. Harry could be. He'll help second-year quarterback Josh Allen immediately.

McShay: Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama State

Mitch Morse was a solid signing at center, but the line tasked with keeping Allen clean still needs some work.

41. Denver Broncos

Kiper: Dalton Risner, OT/G, Kansas State

Denver lost Billy Turner in free agency, and there's a hole on the right side of the offensive line. Enter Risner, who impressed at the Senior Bowl.

McShay: Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina

I like how Denver has started to rebuild the receiving behind Emmanuel Sanders with DaeSean Hamilton and Courtland Sutton, but Samuel is electric with the ball in his hands. He would be welcomed by Joe Flacco, Drew Lock and the Broncos.

42. Cincinnati Bengals

Kiper: Mack Wilson, ILB, Alabama

If the Bengals don't go linebacker at No. 11, they could grab one here. Wilson, my third-ranked inside 'backer, had some coverage skills; he six interceptions over the past two seasons.

McShay: Kaleb McGary, OT, Washington

McGary is a great run-blocker, which should help Joe Mixon find holes.

43. Detroit Lions

Kiper: Justin Layne, CB, Michigan State

Let's make this an all-defensive first two rounds for Detroit, which can get the converted wideout Layne here.

McShay: Jaylon Ferguson, DE, Louisiana Tech

The Lions didn't get an edge rusher in Round 1, so I'll give them this highly productive defensive end -- he had 45 sacks in his career -- to chase quarterbacks.

44. Green Bay Packers

Kiper: Kaleb McGary, OT, Washington

Bryan Bulaga, who has missed 13 games over the past two seasons, is a free agent in 2020. Could the Packers look to the future at right tackle?

McShay: Darnell Savage Jr., S, Maryland

Green Bay signed Adrian Amos, but Savage has some real speed and could immediately play in the safety rotation.

45. Atlanta Falcons

Kiper: Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson

The Falcons expect second-year corner Isaiah Oliver to start in 2019, but they need depth options. Mullen had an up-and-down season for the national champs, but he has a high ceiling.

McShay: Jerry Tillery, DT, Notre Dame

Dropping Tillery in the middle of a line that includes Grady Jarrett, Takkarist McKinley, Vic Beasley Jr. and, following the first round, Montez Sweat would go a long way toward improving a bottom-five run defense.

46. Washington Redskins

Kiper: Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State

After letting Jamison Crowder walk in free agency, the Redskins didn't fill his spot in free agency. Campbell, who ran a 4.31-second 40-yard dash at the combine, could play inside or outside.

McShay: Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State

We're in agreement here. A real burner, Campbell could finally be the receiving talent that Washington has long been looking for.

47. Carolina Panthers

Kiper: Miles Boykin, WR, Notre Dame

Boykin is a big riser after the combine, where he ran a 4.42-second 40 at 6-foot-4, 220 pounds. He could be a replacement for Devin Funchess, who left in free agency.

McShay: Justin Layne, CB, Michigan State

Only seven teams allowed a higher completion percentage than the Panthers (66.7) in 2018. Layne is a big corner with ball skills.

48. Miami Dolphins

Kiper: Juan Thornhill, S, Virginia

After playing both corner and safety for the Cavaliers, Thornhill had a strong combine, running a 4.42-second 40 with a 44-inch vertical. He had 13 interceptions over the past three seasons.

McShay: Ryan Finley, QB, NC State

The Dolphins weren't able to get one of the top three guys in the first, and there's a solid chance they wait until the 2020 draft to address the quarterback position. This doesn't change their long-term plan, but Finley's touch and delivery quickness could make him a future starter.

49. Cleveland Browns

Kiper: Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware

The Browns have yet to replace Jabrill Peppers, who was included in the Odell Beckham Jr. trade last month. Adderley is a deep safety with stellar ball skills.

McShay: Dalton Risner, OT, Kansas State

This offense has weapons, but every good offense still has to have protection. Let's give Baker Mayfield time to scramble and make plays.

50. Minnesota Vikings

Kiper: Jerry Tillery, DT, Notre Dame

After undergoing shoulder surgery last month to fix a torn labrum that bothered him in 2018, Tillery could drop to the end of Round 2. He'd be a solid fit in a loaded Minnesota front seven.

McShay: Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson

Mike Zimmer loves to mold his defensive backs into impact players. And with Xavier Rhodes entering his age-29 season, Trae Waynes hitting free agency in 2020 and the uncertainty of how Mike Hughes will return from a torn ACL, cornerback is a bigger need than immediately meets the eye.

51. Tennessee Titans

Kiper: Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina

Samuel impressed at the Senior Bowl and had a good combine workout, but he had injury issues in college. The Titans need more playmakers for Marcus Mariota, even after adding Adam Humphries.

McShay: Dre'Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State

Jones' high motor would be a strong complement to Jurrell Casey inside. He excels as a 3-technique tackle.

52. Pittsburgh Steelers

Kiper: Julian Love, CB, Notre Dame

If the Steelers don't add a corner in Round 1, they'll monitor the position on Day 2. There's a need even after signing Steven Nelson in free agency.

McShay: Oshane Ximines, DE, Old Dominion

Pittsburgh tied for the league high in sacks in 2018 (52), but a good chunk of that came from the linebacking group. Ximines' quick first step would give Mike Tomlin another pass-rushing weapon.

53. Philadelphia Eagles (from Baltimore Ravens)

Kiper: Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama State

Unfamiliar with the 6-foot-5, 322-pound Howard? There has been some buzz around the former high school quarterback for the past few months. The Eagles will need a Jason Peters replacement at some point, right?

McShay: Miles Sanders, RB, Penn State

As a change-of-pace back behind Jordan Howard, Sanders provides reliable pass-catching out of the backfield.

54. Houston Texans (from Seattle Seahawks)

Kiper: Damien Harris, RB, Alabama

I like this fit for both sides, as Harris could quickly become the go-to back behind Deshaun Watson. He's not as powerful as former teammate Josh Jacobs, but he has some burst between the tackles.

McShay: Lonnie Johnson Jr., CB, Kentucky

Kevin Johnson is gone, and new Texan Bradley Roby is a slot guy, so Johnson would help replenish the secondary.

55. Houston Texans

Kiper: Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, DB, Florida

Houston brought in Tashaun Gipson to replace Tyrann Mathieu, but Gardner-Johnson could compete for a starting safety spot. He also has the athletic ability to play some corner.

McShay: Dru Samia, G, Oklahoma

We added Andre Dillard in the first round, but let's keep reworking that offensive line. Samia is a reliable, versatile option.

56. New England Patriots (from Chicago Bears)

Kiper: Khalen Saunders, DT, Western Michigan

The Patriots lost a few starters this offseason and need to add depth in the front seven. Saunders, a four-year starter at Western Michigan, could develop into a starter.

McShay: Daniel Jones, QB, Duke

Time to take a shot at the heir to Tom Brady on the Patriots' QB throne. Jones will need time to develop -- he doesn't have a cannon and needs work under pressure -- but luckily Brady isn't going anywhere just yet.

57. Philadelphia Eagles

Kiper: Bobby Okereke, ILB, Stanford

With three picks in the first two rounds, the Eagles don't have many immediate needs. They need contributors. Okereke could compete for the starting middle-linebacker spot after Jordan Hicks left in free agency.

McShay: Juan Thornhill, CB, Virginia

How about another defensive back to restock the depth chart? The Eagles should challenge for the NFC East title this season if they can shore up the passing defense.

58. Dallas Cowboys

Kiper: Dre'Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State

The Cowboys don't have a Round 1 pick after trading it for Amari Cooper last fall. They do have a couple of needs, however, particularly at defensive tackle and safety. Jones, a three-year starter for the Buckeyes, has first-round talent.

McShay: Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S, Florida

Dallas arrives in Nashville, Tennessee, on Day 2 looking for a safety. Gardner-Johnson's physicality and instincts make him a future starting safety, but he should be able to fill a nickel role in Year 1.

59. Indianapolis Colts

Kiper: Ben Banogu, OLB, TCU

Pass-rusher is the only need I haven't addressed with my other two picks for the Colts (Nos. 26 and 34). Banogu, who had 17 sacks over the past two seasons, will help there.

McShay: JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR, Stanford

We got A.J. Brown earlier, but another receiver won't hurt. The Stanford wideout needs time to develop. He's a strong pass-catcher with the speed to help in the vertical passing game.

60. Los Angeles Chargers

Kiper: Will Grier, QB, West Virginia

Grier is my fifth-ranked quarterback and he could go at the end of Round 2 or top of Round 3. There's a fit in L.A., where Philip Rivers is 37 and Tyrod Taylor, the backup, is on a short-term deal.

McShay: Jarrett Stidham, QB, Auburn

Just as we did at No. 56 for the Patriots, we get a guy to take over at quarterback down the road, here for Philip Rivers. Stidham is still a little inconsistent in ball placement, but he can learn behind Rivers and Tyrod Taylor.

61. Kansas City Chiefs

Kiper: Elgton Jenkins, C, Mississippi State

Let's bring in Jenkins to compete for the spot vacated by Mitch Morse, who left in free agency. Jenkins also played some guard and tackle for the Bulldogs.

McShay: David Long, CB, Michigan

With Steven Nelson gone, the Chiefs need a corner. Johnathan Abram was a start to fixing this broken secondary, and Long's press-coverage skills further that task.

62. New Orleans Saints

Kiper: Riley Ridley, WR, Georgia

The Saints were playing various undrafted free agents at receiver in 2018 and haven't added any in free agency. Ridley could play against his brother, Calvin, twice a year in the NFC South.

McShay: Elgton Jenkins, C, Mississippi State

It took a while, but New Orleans is finally on the board. The Saints got Nick Easton from the Vikings, but he could also play guard. Jenkins also has versatility and is strong against the pass rush.

63. Kansas City Chiefs (from Los Angeles Rams)

Kiper: Jachai Polite, OLB, Florida

Polite had a poor combine and is dropping down boards. At some point, though, you have to trust the tape, and he had a tremendous 2018 season. He can bulk up to play defensive end in the Chiefs' transition to a 4-3 defense.

McShay: Chase Winovich, DE, Michigan

I wouldn't be shocked if the Chiefs hunted for a running back to share duties with Carlos Hyde and Damien Williams, but losing Dee Ford and Justin Houston opens up the possibility of taking this twitchy edge rusher at the end of Round 2.

64. New England Patriots

Kiper: Jarrett Stidham, QB, Auburn

This is quarterback No. 6 in the first two rounds. Stidham had an inconsistent 2018, but he has the tools to be a starter in the NFL. And Tom Brady can't play forever ...

McShay: Gerald Willis III, DT, Miami

Trey Flowers and Malcom Brown are elsewhere, so Bill Belichick would be happy to land this violent defensive lineman.

Questions for Draft Junkies:

1) What positions have most quality depth in 2019 Draft?? 

Think I read stronger in TEs, OL, and DL

2) Have far into the 2019 Draft is there still a lot more quality than other drafts??

(Have read that while the 2019 1st Rd picks might not be as valuable as other drafts..... rounds 2 & 3 of 2019 Draft have much more talent than most years)

3) How good are the 2020 & 2021 Drafts projected to be as far as the talent pool compared to the 2019 Draft??

4) Which position groups are projected to have better quality depth in the 2020 and 2021 Drafts??

----------------------------------------------------------------

New England with 12 picks, 6 in the 1st 3 Rounds gonna clean up......

NY Giants also with 12 picks, 4 in the 1st 3 Rounds......

Edited by LTtxfan

22 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I haven't seen any Keenum to Arizona rumors.

Heard it on sports radio last night... but again it was just a rumor.  

What do Surly folks think about a Keenum for Rosen trade??  

Might help both teams if the deal is structured correctly right??

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Heard it on sports radio last night... but again it was just a rumor.  

What do Surly folks think about a Keenum for Rosen trade??  

Might help both teams if the deal is structured correctly right??

I mean it would never happen straight up. Keemun would be a throw in and the draft pick would be the comp for Rosen. Keemun has almost no value on the trade market.

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

I mean it would never happen straight up. Keemun would be a throw in and the draft pick would be the comp for Rosen. Keemun has almost no value on the trade market.

Agree that Redskins would have to give up more for Rosen.  Keenum only has 1yr left on contract at only $3.5mill for 2019, then he's an UFA.....

Kliff might really benefit from acquiring Case from the Sessions though.  Case played for Kliff at UH and had a huge final season there w/Kliff in 2011.

------------------------------------------------------------

Rosen to Redskins rumors still floating..... but Keenan may not be index in the trade.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/how-redskins-emerged-front-runners-trade-josh-rosen

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/could-josh-rosen-be-better-kirk-cousins-if-paired-redskins-one-analyst-says-so

Edited by LTtxfan

21 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Agree that Redskins would have to give up more for Rosen.  Keenum only has 1yr left on contract at only $3.5mill for 2019, then he's an UFA.....

Kliff might really benefit from acquiring Case from the Sessions though.  Case played for Kliff at UH and had a huge final season there w/Kliff in 2011.

------------------------------------------------------------

Rosen to Redskins rumors still floating..... but Keenan may not be index in the trade.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/how-redskins-emerged-front-runners-trade-josh-rosen

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/could-josh-rosen-be-better-kirk-cousins-if-paired-redskins-one-analyst-says-so

Corrections above^^^^

Kliff might really benefit from acquiring Case from the Redskins though.  Case played for Kliff at UH and had a huge final season there w/Kliff in 2011.I

Rosen to Redskins rumors still floating..... but Keenan may not be included in the trade.

Edited by LTtxfan
autocorrect killing me

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Corrections above^^^^

Kliff might really benefit from acquiring Case from the Redskins though.  Case played for Kliff at UH and had a huge final season there w/Kliff in 2011.I

Rosen to Redskins rumors still floating..... but Keenan may not be included in the trade.

I think it all depends on what the Redskins are willing to give up. If the Redskins will give up their second, I bet AZ pulls the trigger and they may try to get Keenum as a veteran at the position, but I doubt Keenum will factor into their decision to trade Rosen. Granted, if AZ is dead set on taking Kyler, then they'll probably trade away Rosen to the best offer, even if that offer isn't very good. I doubt they want both Kyler and Rosen on the roster, and I doubt either guy would be happy with that. 

If you aren't familiar, history on the so called Jimmy Johnson Trade Value Chart.....

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Article/Belichick-and-the-Cowboys-and-the-historical-truth-about-Jimmy-Johnsons-Trade-Value-Chart-131100979

NFL Trade Value Chart
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4
Round 5
Round 6
Round 7

another article........

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/2019-nfl-draft-pick-trade-value-chart/ar-BBVTaKO#page=2

Edited by LTtxfan

16 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

That sounds...suboptimal.

The first person Mayock should be clearing out of that room is Gruden.

"Dammit Jon! For the last time! We're not taking a QB with all three first rounders!!!"

Exactly.  Either Chucky is the problem...or all the scouts.  Hmmmm...

3 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

It obviously is Cleveland that has him #1. Oh wait, no he is inferring the broncos with the cutliffe connections. No maybe it’s the Chiefs. Geez I just can’t figure it out. More like I can’t figure out why he just didn’t say the patriots.   

Responses to the tweet make it pretty clear.

19 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Kliff might be one of the most underrated "qb whisperers" of all..?

See, I guess this is what I don’t understand. Baker Mayfield would’ve never reached his full potential if he stayed in Lubbock, Johnny Football’s success had a lot to do with freestyling, and improvising. The big knock on Mahomes coming out of college was that he was way too raw. Isn’t that kingsbury’s fault in a lot of ways?

20 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

See, I guess this is what I don’t understand. Baker Mayfield would’ve never reached his full potential if he stayed in Lubbock, Johnny Football’s success had a lot to do with freestyling, and improvising. The big knock on Mahomes coming out of college was that he was way too raw. Isn’t that kingsbury’s fault in a lot of ways?

Good points...
I guess we will see if the same pattern follows the Cardinals with either Rosen, or Murray (if picked)...

It will be interesting to see the 1st time Mahomes faces off against his old mentor, as the only one to still be in NFL/ lefy Kliff on good terms (draft)...

13 minutes ago, LebongJames said:

A lot of teams send the scouts home this time of year.

Scouts have done their job now it’s up to the higher brass to make the final decision.

Nothing strange about what the Raiders did. 

Agreed.  I think it's reasonable to send scouts home now.....especially since Mike Mayock just recently joined the Raiders staff.... 

Gil Brandt's story about setting traps right before the Draft to catch leakers was funny... 😀

Loose Lips Sink Ships

Edited by LTtxfan