Beto 2020

bad_teammate

Can someone explain to me the concept of “liking your health insurance plan you get to keep it” nonsense?

I have a health insurance plan. It’s ok I guess. Actually it kind of sucks. Why I should feel some sort of loyalty and gratitude to BCBS is beyond me. 

In fact, fuck my health insurance plan. 

• Like 3

On 4/4/2019 at 7:49 AM, DigglerontheHoof said:

I don't ever have the feeling of the bolded text.  I'm the only white guy in many places I go and don't feel out of place....although my Spanish is piss-poor and I do have the language barrier at Hispanic dominated stores  Perhaps, it was how I was raised.  My parents made a concerted effort to expose my sister and I to minorities early and often.  

I live in the Rundberg area. I frequent all the little Mexican markets and Asian groceries. I never feel that way. Everyone knows me and is very friendly. They are happy that my money spends and I'm not an asshole to them. It's all that matters.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Can someone explain to me the concept of “liking your health insurance plan you get to keep it” nonsense?

People like having insurance.

It's a marker of success and a symbol of stability. In the working classes, getting "benefits" is something you're proud of in a job.  You're no longer part-time/contract, you're moving up. You get insurance and it tells you that you're safe(r).

So if you run a poll with a dishonest question like, "How would you feel if you lost your private health insurance?", people are very protective. Support for single-payer dips precipitously.

But like you, people don't actually like insurance companies.

When you ask a poll question like this, "How would you feel if your private health insurance plan was replaced by an expanded Medicare that required no premiums or co-pays from you?" the reaction is VERY different.

But to be a Democrat is to be a coward, so that first negative reaction people have is something they fear greatly. The idea behind Medicare for America "if you like your plan you can keep it" is the same as it was in ACA: Lie to the American people and trick them for their own good. They're going to get something better out of this, so just pat them on the head and tell them a little white lie about what's going to happen to their health insurance.

Then, later, when they have better healthcare for less, they'll be happy.

Also, the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries are MAJOR donors.

• Like 1

It's a marker of success and a symbol of stability. In the working classes, getting "benefits" is something you're proud of in a job.  You're no longer part-time/contract, you're moving up. You get insurance and it tells you that you're safe®.
So if you run a poll with a dishonest question like, "How would you feel if you lost your private health insurance?", people are very protective. Support for single-payer dips precipitously.
When you ask a poll question like this, "How would you feel if your private health insurance plan was replaced by an expanded Medicare that required no premiums or co-pays from you?" the reaction is VERY different.
But to be a Democrat is to be a coward, so that first negative reaction people have is something they fear greatly. The idea behind Medicare for America "if you like your plan you can keep it" is the same as it was in ACA: Lie to the American people and trick them for their own good. They're going to get something better out of this, so just pat them on the head and tell them a little white lie about what's going to happen to their health insurance.

And of course when you add a cost element of M4A to the poll, it swings wildly back to the majority not favoring it. But you already knew that.
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

My order shipped!

Also, did any of y’all lead a canvassing event during his senate run?

I got a call asking if I’d be willing to organize and head one up in my area but I’d like to get some real world info on what it’s like before I say yes.

Everything they’ve told me is all sunshine and unicorns - which is their job - but I don’t want to get myself in over my head in my first interaction with the campaign. I want to hear what it’s really like and if I think I’m up for the responsibility.

Thanks for any stories or advice!

You are gonna canvas for a dem in Alabama?  Props.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5ca7f55c3035657832

What point?
Medicare for All saves $2 trillion over 10 years over the current system.
You're wrong, troll, on a factual level.
Your "source" that Bernie's M4A program would save 2 trillion dollars is a link to an article that states "Bernie Sanders says his M4A program will save 2 trillion dollars"?!

Lmao. Do you know how sourcing or proof works?

Just now, BradInATX said:

Your "source" that Bernie's M4A program would save 2 trillion dollars is a link to an article that states "Bernie Sanders says his M4A program will save 2 trillion dollars"?!

Lmao. Do you know how sourcing or proof works?

Read the first sentence of the article, troll, it links to the Koch-brothers-funded study that establishes the cost savings.

Conservatives are so dumb.

Read the first sentence of the article, troll, it links to the Koch-brothers-funded study that establishes the cost savings.
Conservatives are so dumb.
The study does not say what you think it says. But I'm going to let you put your big boy pants on and figure it out yourself, if you're actually interested in learning the facts and educating yourself on issues.

Narrator: he isn't

But Brad gives me an opportunity to talk about another thing that Dems are cowards about: Conservative trolls.

They are TERRIFIED of lying trolls like Brad saying mean things so they try to imagine what will make lying conservative trolls like Brad not yell at them.

But the reality is that you take lying conservative trolls like Brad and punch them in their stupid fucking faces. :)

But Brad gives me an opportunity to talk about another thing that Dems are cowards about: Conservative trolls. They are TERRIFIED of lying trolls like Brad saying mean things so they try to imagine what will make lying conservative trolls like Brad not yell at them.

But the reality is that you take lying conservative trolls like Brad and punch them in their stupid fucking faces.

I'm almost certain that if you took a poll asking who is more likely to be a troll or a GOP plant meant to sow discord, poll being between the two of us, you'd get 90 percent or more of the vote.  

Just now, JimmyJames said:

Dont really know whose right.

I am.

The report’s methods are pretty straightforward. Blahous starts with current projections about how much the country will spend on health care between 2022 and 2031. From there, he adds the costs associated with higher utilization of medical services and then subtracts the savings from lower administrative costs, lower reimbursements for medical services, and lower drug prices. After this bit of arithmetic, Blahous finds that health expenditures would be lower for every year during the first decade of implementation. The net change across the whole 10-year period is a savings of $2.054 trillion.

When talking about Medicare for All, it is important to distinguish between two concepts: national health expenditures and federal health expenditures. National health expenditures refers to all health spending from any source whether made by private employers, state Medicaid programs, or the federal government. It is national health expenditures that, according to the report, will decline by $2.054 trillion.

I am.
The report’s methods are pretty straightforward. Blahous starts with current projections about how much the country will spend on health care between 2022 and 2031. From there, he adds the costs associated with higher utilization of medical services and then subtracts the savings from lower administrative costs, lower reimbursements for medical services, and lower drug prices. After this bit of arithmetic, Blahous finds that health expenditures would be lower for every year during the first decade of implementation. The net change across the whole 10-year period is a savings of $2.054 trillion.
When talking about Medicare for All, it is important to distinguish between two concepts: national health expenditures and federal health expenditures. National health expenditures refers to all health spending from any source whether made by private employers, state Medicaid programs, or the federal government. It is national health expenditures that, according to the report, will decline by $2.054 trillion.
I'll give you a hint. The last sentence of your post is the part you haven't quite got your head around. Keep working at it.

20 minutes ago, BradInATX said:
29 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:
It's a marker of success and a symbol of stability. In the working classes, getting "benefits" is something you're proud of in a job.  You're no longer part-time/contract, you're moving up. You get insurance and it tells you that you're safe®.

Read more  

And of course when you add a cost element of M4A to the poll, it swings wildly back to the majority not favoring it. But you already knew that.

Americans are already paying more than anyone in the world for healthcare.  The private sector has failed the population.  Time to get with the rest of the civilized world, reduce the cost burden, improve care, and invest in the health and wellbeing of our population.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I'll give you a hint. The last sentence of your post is the part you haven't quite got your head around. Keep working at it.

They'll pay more in taxes and nothing in premiums. Overall, there will be less cost to pass on to the taxpayer.

It's math. I'm sorry it hurts your conservative feelings.

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Americans are already paying more than anyone in the world for healthcare.  The private sector has failed the population.  Time to get with the rest of the civilized world, reduce the cost burden, improve care, and invest in the health and wellbeing of our population.

tenor.gif?itemid=10597658

Edited by bad_teammate

They'll pay more in taxes and nothing in premiums. Overall, there will be less cost to pass on to the taxpayer.
It's math. I'm sorry it hurts your conservative feelings.
I do math for a living my friend.

Have you considered that huge, huge sums of money burden will be shifted from corporations to the government (ultimately taxes on everyone)?

Do you think corporations are going to pass those trillions of dollars of savings on to their employees?

I didn't realize you were such a corporatist, bud.

5 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I do math for a living my friend.

Have you considered that huge, huge sums of money burden will be shifted from corporations to the government (ultimately taxes on everyone)?

Do you think corporations are going to pass those trillions of dollars of savings on to their employees?

I didn't realize you were such a corporatist, bud.

So the money will be spent on healthcare and not bonuses for executives?

In

10 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

That all sounds good and all but if I can’t get my BCBS health care plan with it then I guess im opposed. BCBS executives gotta eat to ya know. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Yes, as I said, "They'll pay more in taxes and nothing in premiums."

Corporations are still going to have to pay into Medicare to fund it.

Conservatives are so fucking stupid.

So the money will be spent on healthcare and not bonuses for executives?
In
What? You're not making any sense. If you remove the burden of employee healthcare from corporations, those cost savings are not going to go to the employees. They're going to exec bonuses and stock buybacks.

It's a massive transfer of wealth from tax payers to corporations and CEOs and rich investors.

You know why drug traffickers make a shit ton of money?  Because they are the only distributors of illegal drugs.

Do you know why health care insurance companies make a lot of money? Because, at least in America, they are the only distributors of an even more vital thing, the health care of an entire country. 

Good work if you can get it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

So per your link, we're taxing the corporations to pay for it, we're taxing the rich to pay for it, and we're taxing every single person 4%.

Who exactly is seeing the savings?

The taxpayer, who is, at the end of the day, the one who pays for all of it.

lol @ "MATH IS MY JOB!"

The taxpayer, who is, at the end of the day, the one who pays for all of it.

lol @ "MATH IS MY JOB!"

Wrong.

In the 10 year period in question, under the current system, corporations would pay 12 trillion in (1.2 trillion in 2017)

Per your link, under Bernie M4A they would pay 3.9 trillion.

That's an 8.1 trillion dollar gift to corporate America.

I realize that he line items how he will make up the difference. But those line items are all new taxes that don't exist today - ergo the program doesn't "pay for itself". The program requires new taxes to break even.

"It pays for itself" is disingenuous. It's more "we can find the money if we raise taxes".

But you already knew that.

The program requires new taxes to break even.

"It pays for itself" is disingenuous. It's more "we can find the money if we raise taxes".

But you already knew that.

Yeah, which is why I said, a long time ago, "They'll pay more in taxes and nothing in premiums."

Conservatives are embarrassingly stupid.

(Hey, Betophiles, these are the lying trolls who get you riled up about Bernie's taxes and you just go right along with them lol)

Yeah, which is why I said, a long time ago, "They'll pay more in taxes and nothing in premiums."
Conservatives are embarrassingly stupid.
(Hey, Betophiles, these are the lying trolls who get you riled up about Bernie's taxes and you just go right along with them lol)
Great. So you're now on record admitting the following:

- Bernie's plan does not pay for itself
- You are in favor of an 8.1 trillion dollar tax handout to corporations.

- Bernie's plan does not pay for itself

Did I ever say it did, lying conservative troll?

- You are in favor of an 8.1 trillion dollar tax handout to corporations.

The corporations will still pay in to the healthcare system, just to the government instead of private insurers.

Your'e dumb, lying conservative troll. Very dumb.

To add, it's closer to 3 trillion after you take out money that will be reclaimed by the line items for closing loopholes and healthcare tax breaks for corporations. I'll concede that in the interest of intellectual honesty.

But, you're still in favor of a 3 trillion dollar corporate handout.

I'm the Republican?

The corporations will still pay in to the healthcare system, just to the government instead of private insurers.

Your'e dumb, lying conservative troll. Very dumb.

Yep. They'll pay about 8.4 trillion in taxes and closed loopholes. What's 12 minus 8.4?

Get your calculator out and figure it out. The number you get is the corporate handout that you're advocating.

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Beto out there breaking hearts.

(Why was he waiting for a girl to ask him to prom?)

BREAKING NEWS.....

We interupt your evening FOX News programing to bring you this latest Democratic SCANDAL.  Worse then tansuitgate. Worse then salutewitha cupgate.  Perhaps worse than Arugulagate!

Democratic Presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke has just admitted that he did not go to prom as a high schooler because “No one asked me”.  Is Beto a beta homosexual?  A transgender?  Was he too high to dance?  Was he having an abortion?

So far Beto has not denied any of these possibilities.  What else is he hiding?  Join us tomorrow on a 2 hour Hannity special as we take a deeper dice into this American crisis.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Can y’all quit bitching up my Beto thread?

He’s either the highest energy dude ever born or on some seriously good cocaine.

Beto couldn't take out the hated Cruz in a Texas statewide election in 2018. 

All he has done so far, with his open border bullshit, is sink in the votes that went for Cruz in 2018. Beto has already been outed for what he is. A willing to say anything to get elected Democrat.  

That shit don't fly in Texas. Any Dem who can pull off Texas wins the Presidency. I don't see any of the , how many are there now, doing that.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Crusher said:

Beto couldn't take out the hated Cruz in a Texas statewide election in 2018. 

All he has done so far, with his open border bullshit, is sink in the votes that went for Cruz in 2018. Beto has already been outed for what he is. A willing to say anything to get elected Democrat.  

That shit don't fly in Texas. Any Dem who can pull off Texas wins the Presidency. I don't see any of the , how many are there now, doing that.

ComposedEnergeticErin-size_restricted.gi

I’m trying to decide if I’m up to leading a canvassing team the weekend of the 13th-14th.

I’m pretty sure I can do the actual job part of it.

I’m a little worried about -

1 - low turnout from other volunteers because, Alabama

2 - knocking on doors and the possible reception I may get because, Alabama and Trumpkins

I live in a safe midsized town but you never know who’s going to answer any given door. And as a woman alone, I’d be lying if I didn’t admit it frightens me a little to imagine dealing with a belligerent Trump supporter.

I have a call scheduled tomorrow with someone from the state team so they can tell me what’s involved.

I’m hoping that they need someone to be the organizer for the door knockers and to recruit people. That’s the kind of thing I’m good at, so I’m hoping that’s what they have in mind for me.

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I’m trying to decide if I’m up to leading a canvassing team the weekend of the 13th-14th.

2 - knocking on doors and the possible reception I may get because, Alabama and Trumpkins

I live in a safe midsized town but you never know who’s going to answer any given door. And as a woman alone, I’d be lying if I didn’t admit it frightens me a little to imagine dealing with a belligerent Trump supporter.

I have a call scheduled tomorrow with someone from the state team so they can tell me what’s involved.

I’m hoping that they need someone to be the organizer for the door knockers and to recruit people. That’s the kind of thing I’m good at, so I’m hoping that’s what they have in mind for me.

Right, 13-14th is the big kickoff. That's what I was looking at. Have too many things going on. Anyway, would like to hit the pavement. You should organize one. You did a lot for Doug Jones, right?

6 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

i admire the effort - can you ask to be paired with someone?  a local man, perhaps?  i agree that knocking as a woman by yourself might be...deflating at times.  probably way worse.