Beto 2020

bad_teammate

1 hour ago, Crusher said:

Beto couldn't take out the hated Cruz in a Texas statewide election in 2018. 

All he has done so far, with his open border bullshit, is sink in the votes that went for Cruz in 2018. Beto has already been outed for what he is. A willing to say anything to get elected Democrat.  

That shit don't fly in Texas. Any Dem who can pull off Texas wins the Presidency. I don't see any of the , how many are there now, doing that.

English, do you speak it?

3 hours ago, Deej said:

I live in the Rundberg area. I frequent all the little Mexican markets and Asian groceries. I never feel that way. Everyone knows me and is very friendly. They are happy that my money spends and I'm not an asshole to them. It's all that matters.

There is more to it than just walking into an ethnic store for some exotic food. It has to do with anxiety. Personally, I don't feel uncomfortable walking into an Asian market either.

I can only speak to my experience which might be different than others. I come from a family of gueros, we are basically what the government calls White Hispanics or what my family refers to as Mexican-Irish. We are the real Beto O'rourke but unlike Beto we came here from Mexico. White on the outside but brown on the inside, to the bone!

Anyways, throughout my entire life I've been mistaken as white and have heard a ton of racist shit because people don't realize there is a Mexican in their midst. It has happened so many times in my life that I couldn't even count. Every time it has happened,  I've had to interrupt the conversation with a declaration that I am a Mexican, followed by a  moment of uncomfortable silence. This goes back to the early days of my childhood up until recently in my professional career in liberal San Francisco and Austin.

The discomfort around whites for me is the inevitable racist shit that eventually is uttered when white people think it's safe to talk trash because there are no people of color present.

Basically, it's just anxiety of having to deal with soft racism on my part. For my darker gente, its related to stares and mumbled racist insults.

Edited by F250
  • Like 3

There is more to it than just walking into an ethnic store for some exotic food. It has to do with anxiety. Personally, I don't feel uncomfortable walking into an Asian market either.
I can only speak to my experience which might be different than others. I come from a family of gueros, we are basically what the government calls White Hispanics or what my family refers to as Mexican-Irish. We are the real Beto O'rourke but unlike Beto we came here from Mexico. White on the outside but brown on the inside, to the bone!
Anyways, throughout my entire life I've been mistaken as white and have heard a ton of racist shit because people don't realize there is a Mexican in their midst. It has happened so many times in my life that I couldn't even count. Every time it has happened,  I've had to interrupt the conversation with a declaration that I am a Mexican, followed by a  moment of uncomfortable silence. This goes back to the early days of my childhood up until recently in my professional career in liberal San Francisco and Austin.
The discomfort around whites for me is the inevitable racist shit that eventually is uttered when white people think it's safe to talk trash because there are no people of color present.
Basically, it's just anxiety of having to deal with soft racism on my part. For my darker gente, its related to stares and mumbled racist insults.

Huh. Similar story, amigo.
  • Like 3

Well, I signed up to host!

661268c223601460b9bea80f0021aa40.jpg

I submitted the venue for approval and reading the host guide it sounds like it’s an organizational role.

I have to do a speech thing and train the door knockers and teach the script and plan the map and make sure they all have the app and that kind of stuff.

Exactly what I was hoping for, so I’m super pumped!

Now I just hope my shirt gets here in time!

• Like 7

Well, I signed up to host!

661268c223601460b9bea80f0021aa40.jpg

I submitted the venue for approval and reading the host guide it sounds like it’s an organizational role.

I have to do a speech thing and train the door knockers and teach the script and plan the map and make sure they all have the app and that kind of stuff.

Exactly what I was hoping for, so I’m super pumped!

Now I just hope my shirt gets here in time!

If not, you’ll just have to canvass topless. It’s the least you can do for Beto.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yeah, that’s a great line.

Whether he came up with it on the fly or if his team workshopped it, doesn’t really matter.

Because either he’s that clever or he’s got a team that that’s not only that clever but also works fast enough to feed him reaction lines to use within the increasingly narrow news cycle.

• Like 2

damn, Beto throwing serious shade.
i like this side of him. wish we'd seen more of it last year.

Yeah I heard from a lot of y’all in Texas that you didn’t think he went for Cruz’s throat enough and was too nice. His whole “Stay on the high road, we’re for something not against someone” philosophy.

Maybe everyone read his much mocked Vision Quest all wrong.

He wasn’t riding around being emo and listening to The Fray. He was secretly being trained on how to throw shade by the likes of Cardi B, Kathy Griffin, Chrissy Teigen, and Michelle Obama.

18 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

lol Is Hannity that out of touch that he doesn’t realize that makes Beto look cool AF?

Well, I guess not to his Depends, denture wearing audience.

“Bernice!!! Get in here! Hannity says that Bay-toe fella is some kind of LSD taking warlock!!!!”

“Warlock? What in tarnation is that?”

“No, wait not warlock. He said warlord! I bet he’s one of them MSG-15 gang people. I bet he’s their chairman. He is from El Paso ya know. They’re into that kind of thing down there.”

“Such a shame. He seemed like such a nice white young man. Glad we have Hannity and Tucker and Laura to tell us the real facts!”

“Be sure to share that on Facebook so the kids and grandchildren know that Bay-toe takes the LSD and is running a gang. They don’t watch the real news and they need to know about this!”

I laughed. You win the board tonight.  

Yes, Beto, this is the lane. This is a good lane. Stay in this because you can differentiate yourself BIGLY.

Bernie's messaging on the border is dogshit right now, no one knows who Castro is, so if Beto can effectively make himself The Immigration Candidate and hammer Trump on the wall and his terrible Latin America policies constantly, he can get some of that hype rolling again that seems to have dissipated very quickly.

Also, it's more effective and humane to approach the "problem" at its source instead of at the border.

And I’m happy to see him standing up for Rep. Omar.

So, I just got back from 4 hours leading my first canvass!

We had 18 people show up in our little Alabama town! And almost all of them had on some kind of Beto swag, which wasn’t planned.

We were all virgins, so to speak, so we went in pairs for this maiden voyage. We knocked on almost 400 doors and talked to a lot of young parents and families at the baseball and soccer fields.

Only a handful of people shut us down and only two were assholes.

It was a great day! Now my old ass is exhausted!
  • Like 6

And I’m happy to see him standing up for Rep. Omar.

So, I just got back from 4 hours leading my first canvass!

We had 18 people show up in our little Alabama town! And almost all of them had on some kind of Beto swag, which wasn’t planned.

We were all virgins, so to speak, so we went in pairs for this maiden voyage. We knocked on almost 400 doors and talked to a lot of young parents and families at the baseball and soccer fields.

Only a handful of people shut us down and only two were assholes.

It was a great day! Now my old ass is exhausted!
Awesome! This is why I continue to maintain Beto may catch fire and run away with thing.

This article is SO great at detailing some of what I’ve been banging on about in regards to the different coverage given to men and women running for President.

And I agree with every word.

Even the parts critical of Beto.

Take five minutes and give it a read.

https://www.thecut.com/2019/04/what-changes-when-the-presidential-field-is-full-of-mothers.html

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

This article is SO great at detailing some of what I’ve been banging on about in regards to the different coverage given to men and women running for President.

And I agree with every word.

Even the parts critical of Beto.

Take five minutes and give it a read.

https://www.thecut.com/2019/04/what-changes-when-the-presidential-field-is-full-of-mothers.html

Traister is good.  Ending of piece:

That’s all good and true, but O’Rourke has gotten to the cruelest truth about the many advantages that gender and race have bestowed on men like him: Those privileges aren’t really about fatherhood; they are about childhood.

White men — in life, on streets, in cop cars, within their families, on the pages of magazines, and in politics — are permitted to fuck up, to gain our sympathy and protection. They are offered the possibilities of blamelessness, selfishness, naïveté, and second and third chances. They are offered the benefits of youth itself, no matter their age. It doesn’t matter whether they have kids or how they raise kids; these men who want to lead us get to be kids.

• Like 1

So O'Roarke was a low level politician with an unsuccessful music career and an unsuccessful business career who married into money. He lost in his first major political race. He goes by the name Beto but is Irish and is a good public speaker. Does this qualify him for US president? Why should I vote for him over other candidates?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bevo said:

So O'Roarke was a low level politician with an unsuccessful music career and an unsuccessful business career who married into money. He lost in his first major political race. He goes by the name Beto but is Irish and is a good public speaker. Does this qualify him for US president? Why should I vote for him over other candidates?

What qualifies anyone? Being 35 and a natural born citizen. Beto's just as qualified as anyone else. There's no such thing as presidential training. There's no D-league for presidents.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

What qualifies anyone? Being 35 and a natural born citizen. Beto's just as qualified as anyone else. There's no such thing as presidential training. There's no D-league for presidents.

hillary was essentially "president in training" (or d-league) for 8 years, and she was not the answer.

if this free-for-all raises the level of debate, policy discussion, and engagement with moderate/undecided/previous non-voters - then keep the mudslinging to a minimum, and let's fucking do this.  we have a lot of really good options.  hopefully some rise to the top for good reasons, and we can all support who we get in the end.  i like who i like (3-4 candidates), but i don't dislike anyone* enough to stay at home next november.

*anyone with a realistic shot, which is probably 6-8 candidates max

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Whew! Dodged that bullet. 

Not really.

This is so stupid. Who cares? This shit doesn't matter. It isn't important, but here it fucking is.

A completely 100% self-inflicted wound by Democrats for NOTHING.

We are so fucking stupid that we open our own people up for this kind of microscopic analysis and our opponents will never reciprocate.

I wish these people had never released their tax returns. This is bullshit.

• Like 2

eyes downcast. I know this look. About to turn in some bullshit essay to the professor written hastily the night before about a book you didn't read, knowing it deserves a D but holding out some vague hope it'll get a C instead.

Man if this sinks Beto I'll be fucking pissed. I want a warrior's battle and an honorable death for all who challenge Grandfather (or for Grandfather himself at the hands of an unsullied foe).

What the hell is more American than fudging some shit on your taxes? Might as well get pissed off at him for speeding. This is like the DWI/accident/leaving scene and shitty edgelord online poetry; this makes me like him more than all these little "I've been squeaky clean since I was a toddler so I would never have a scandal" nerds everywhere who have no fire or soul.

STAY STRONG, PSYCHEDELIC WARLORD!