MTailor app virtual custom tailored clothing - anybody bought from them?

Saw a commercial the other night for MTailor.

Apparently you use your cell phone to take a video of yourself striking poses while the app takes a video of you and they claim to be 20% more accurate than a professional tailor in taking measurements.

Anyone ever ordered anything from them?

I'm intrigued.  this could be a game changer.

Edited by BearSchlong

Subscribed.

Never used them but thought about it. I have slim-fit off the rack shirts. Darted shirts. And a couple tailored shirts. Never done full made to measure.

I’d love to find an off the rack or online company I could just buy a blue, a white, and couple others every year rather than the ever changing hodgepodge of shit that fits and shit that doesn’t I have now.

On 3/16/2019 at 10:43 PM, Llano Estacado said:

Subscribed.

Never used them but thought about it. I have slim-fit off the rack shirts. Darted shirts. And a couple tailored shirts. Never done full made to measure.

I’d love to find an off the rack or online company I could just buy a blue, a white, and couple others every year rather than the ever changing hodgepodge of shit that fits and shit that doesn’t I have now.

Find a vendor and stick with it.  They should be a shirting/tailoring brand where they always have a solid selection, not a fashion or general apparel brand where the stock comes and goes. 

In the US the safe choice is Brooks Brothers.  I like www.kamakurashirts.com and if you're in New York you could visit the shop to try on a bunch of models and sizes to nail it down, then make subsequent order by mail.  I also like suitsupply.  If you have a shirt you like, some of the "remote" MTM operations (usually offshore) could copy the pattern.  Just send the shirt to them and they could replicate the size.  luxire.com is a good one

Gotta say, I like the look of their tailoring.  Not quite as new-wave, kill-yourself as Suit Supply, for example.  I'm not sure I could buy a suit from a place that has this image, not on some modeled-up photo shoot like Polo, say, but right there where you're supposed to order the gotdam navy suit.

C4760-S2_1.jpg

Edited by TwiceHorn

48 minutes ago, Bat Guano said:

What, you don't wear your cuffs rolled up, and a sweater over an untucked collarless shirt and a jacket that looks like it's too small to button? Get with the times, man! Leave the fly unzipped, too.

I like socks and decent shoes with a suit.  Sorry.

Edited by TwiceHorn

3 hours ago, Bat Guano said:

What, you don't wear your cuffs rolled up, and a sweater over an untucked collarless shirt and a jacket that looks like it's too small to button? Get with the times, man! Leave the fly unzipped, too.

I don't think that's the fly. I think it's a drawstring for the apparent sweatpants bottom half of the suit.