Buttigieg 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

35 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

If you're clapping because someone spoke a foreign language you have the brain of a fucking gerbil and should feel perpetually humiliated.

Well considering the current POTUS can’t speak English, I would argue we should embrace intelligence in a candidate.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Obama was never... A Troop.

Who’s Jodi Jacobson? Why is the only part of her quote “my life experience”? Where do you find these tweets?

edit: Looks like she’s a #resistance Twitter personality that retweets grifters like Jon Cooper and Ryan Knight. Lol!

Edited by Hank Kingsley

4 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Who’s Jodi Jacobson? Why is the only part of her quote “my life experience”? Where do you find these tweets?

person i don’t know hates pete - they are legit and credible!

person i don’t know likes pete - they should be embarrassed and/or humiliated!

6 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Oh, 11k likes means it's legit? 

Doesn't mean it's legit, that wasn't what you asked. You asked where I got it as if I was digging around in some obscure hole. It's a big one on politics Twitter right now.

If the lady is lying about what he said, OK, let's see a better context.

What reason do we have to believe she's lying?

18 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It's hilarious that you posted this. I saw this stuff yesterday but planned to just ignore it. 

So the #PeteForGovernor hashtag was originally started by bitter Beto supporters. Then it was amplified by people from Georgia...as in the Republic of Georgia. 

https://medium.com/@jojobi/the-strange-connection-between-the-country-of-georgia-and-disgruntled-supporters-of-texas-d9c10f97f447

Since then, the trolling has continued from Beto and Yang supporters. 

So Hugo, grand master of RUSSIAN COLLUSION and interference, just posted some stupid shit that has been boosted by foreign actors. You can't make this shit up. 

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Doesn't mean it's legit, that wasn't what you asked. You asked where I got it as if I was digging around in some obscure hole. It's a big one on politics Twitter right now.

If the lady is lying about what he said, OK, let's see a better context.

What reason do we have to believe she's lying?

Who is she, BT? Where's the link? Where's the transcript/video? What's the context? 

9 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

lol is this the new standard for posting Tweets?

No idea who she is. No idea why that would matter.

Well, you're coming into a thread of a candidate you despise with some stupid ass tweet that is basically an opinion from someone you don't even know. But because it has 11k likes, it must be worth posting! Just looking through her timeline, she looks like a huge Warren supporter with a mix of #RESISTANCE type tweets...which I know isn't your thing. 

56 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

o Hugo, grand master of RUSSIAN COLLUSION and interference, just posted some stupid shit that has been boosted by foreign actors. You can't make this shit up. 

You gotta relax dude.  Lots of shit gets boosted by foreign actors, at least you are aware of it.  The Pete for governor stuff is funny.  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You gotta relax dude.  Lots of shit gets boosted by foreign actors, at least your are aware of it.  The Pete for governor stuff is funny.  

Please don't mistake my laughter for trepidation. I find this entertaining. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley

35 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

garbage tweets about pete don’t require context or vetting duh. 

if 11k other super-woke and condescending justice warriors dig it then fuck yeah. 

mmmm love that All Lives Matter content

Is your assertion that the woman mischaracterized what Pete was saying? Misquoted?

23 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Well, you're coming into a thread of a candidate you despise with some stupid ass tweet that is basically an opinion from someone you don't even know. But because it has 11k likes, it must be worth posting! Just looking through her timeline, she looks like a huge Warren supporter with a mix of #RESISTANCE type tweets...which I know isn't your thing. 

Finish your thought.

Is it inaccurate? Is it misleading? Do we have a reason to believe she's got an agenda against the special goodboy grandson?

16 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Ok. It's a stupid fucking tweet.

If it's an accurate quote and characterization, why?

And you added color mocking his military experience.

Have you ever listened to Pete speak? He is constantly harping on his experience in Afghanistan.

13 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

How the hell did Pete get any traction?  Did I miss something?  Is it just that Iowa is first and people from Iowa aren't the brightest?  

He spoke foreign languages and went to good schools. He is very nice. White liberals wish he was their nephew.

11 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

not until i read her garbage tweet. 

This Tweet hit very close to home for the Peteheads.

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

That's why I said "quote AND characterization", Hank, because there's a quote and a characterization.

lol you should go take a walk and breathe

BT constantly on this thread: Pete is the fucking worst and human garbage

Me: No, he's not

BT: Hank, take a walk and breathe

I thought Pete said an awesome thing, turns out he didn't after all. Sucks.

The "Obama Era" was a huge failure in a lot of vital ways and DID lead to Trump (not exclusively, but absolutely part of it). Millions of Americans poured their hopes into the empty vessel that was Obama '08 and were disappointed that he basically turned into Nice, Cool, Probably-Less-Effective, Not-Married-To-A-Rapist Hillary in terms of actual governance. The swamp swallowed our hopes.

Trump said he'd drain it. You'd have to be an idiot to believe him, but 49.9% of voters are below-average intelligence.

don't come at with with "well, actually" shit about averages and medians, I know, it's a figure of speech, suck a tailpipe

Edited by bad_teammate

I think people realize the failures of the Obama era while simultaneously acknowledging it’s a bad idea to throw stones at the Obama Administration while running for the 2020 Democratic nomination.  It’s perceived as punching left when you should be punching right.  Not even Bernie is going to come out and blast Obama right now. 

Too many people like playing pundit. 

I think people realize the failures of the Obama era while simultaneously acknowledging it’s a bad idea to throw stones at the Obama Administration while running for the 2020 Democratic nomination.  It’s perceived as punching left when you should be punching right.  Not even Bernie is going to come out and blast Obama right now. 

Especially from a candidate who is already having trouble with black voters.

I’m sure he was trying to swipe at Biden but using Obama is a bad way to do it.

Especially from a candidate who is already having trouble with black voters.

I’m sure he was trying to swipe at Biden but using Obama is a bad way to do it.

54 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Are we still pretending he said Obama? 

Pete’s lack of clarity on the failures of the past gives people room fill in Obama which is exactly what the reporter apparently subconsciously did.  The reporter was wrong to misquote him. 

Personally, I think this whole thing is a weird flex because Pete has called out Obama and Hillary’s shortcomings before.  He just wasn’t as “in the spotlight” as he is now. 

Also, other candidates have said things like, “a country that elects Donald Trump President isn’t a country that was previously okay.”   People don’t see it as a jab at Obama but it kinda is. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Pete's right, we can't go back to Obama.

This is 100% uncontroversial and anyone who disagrees about not being able to go backwards in time is an idiot.

I don't know what they're talking about with the Itchy & Scratchy "fight fight fight" thing. Don't know who or what that is referring to.

Just now, bad_teammate said:

This is 100% uncontroversial and anyone who disagrees about not being able to go backwards in time is an idiot.

I don't know what they're talking about with the Itchy & Scratchy "fight fight fight" thing. Don't know who or what that is referring to.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with that comment. 

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

How old are you?

19 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Tommy "Xtopher" is another Democratic Trumpian grifter. People like him need to be shunned by liberals instead of amplified. 

Yeah, been saying this for a while.  I'm pretty sure his candidate is Kamala but he doesn't really advocate for her.  He just snipes at everyone else for the clicks. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, been saying this for a while.  I'm pretty sure his candidate is Kamala but he doesn't really advocate for her.  He just snipes at everyone else for the clicks. 

Wow, I've literally never seen anyone twitter fans do this.  Pretty shocking, imo. 

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Wow, I've literally never seen anyone twitter fans do this.  Pretty shocking, imo. 

He's not special but he does have his own publishing platform to pimp as he throws fireballs at not-Kamala democrats.  Bernie has Meagan Day and Jacobin or some shit, Warren has Ryan Knight and his podcast.  Biden has CNN.   It's nothing new but calling out the operatives is half the battle. 

14 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This was the April 2019 Pete progressives wanted and a big reason he caught fire early on. 

He would say provocative but true things. 

No way Pete would say this shit today and that's why lots of folks bailed on him.  

He would absolutely still say that today. He's been saying it for years. And it's a shot at Republicans, not Obama.