Buttigieg 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

It's interesting, over the last 4-5 months the main group of supporters that were trolling Pete threads were Beto people. It was a very small but vocal group that shit posted on all things Buttigieg related. 

Now that Beto's dropped out, starting to see a lot of Kamala supporters on the attack. In general Pete supporters don't go after other candidates, but they passionately defend him.

But now these little Twitter fights now involve race and homophobia talk which could get REAL ugly really quickly. Smart of them to step in and try to shut it down. 

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

If you have to lecture your supporters on how to interact with POC on Twitter then that alone says something.

A lot of campaigns should probably lecture their supporters on how to interact on Twitter. At least one is trying to do something about it. 

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Hey Peteheads,

I actually had a roommate senior year - smart as hell, weird, actually slept under his desk, on the hard wood floor.  Played three chords on the electric guitar -- I'm thinking E, A and D, and played the same song that he must have played in his head over and over and over. 

He was dubbed Penis Pete. 

Y'all should feel free to use that.

54 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m pretty sure Pete not resonating with black folks is good news for Biden. 

It also demonstrates that he would be eaten alive by trump in the general.  

For a Dem to win, they need massive turnout by the blacks and I just can't see many souls to the polls for a white homosexual from the sticks.

Edited by Message Board User

I understand people not giving a fuck about voting because “my candidate” didn’t win the primary. In years past, it was a logical choice. Bernie followers in 2016. Black people in 2016. I’m sure there are better examples out there that I can’t think of. However, considering the absolute monster in the White House, and the fact he has tried to take away rights or oppress every single group in the Dem block. You would think the Pete Heads, the Bernie Bros, the black caucus, the Old Guard Clintons, the whatever the fuck you call Warren supporters and everyone else playing up their side, would all band together in the general to fight the one true monster?

Or I have I watched too many movies?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

It's interesting, over the last 4-5 months the main group of supporters that were trolling Pete threads were Beto people. It was a very small but vocal group that shit posted on all things Buttigieg related. 

The Beto supporters constantly going after Pete was funny and never made any sense.

"Don't support that centrist white guy, vote for our centrist white guy instead."

Beto entered the primary a blank slate that shifted with whatever polled better, at least Pete owns his pragmatic centrism.

4 minutes ago, F250 said:

Beto entered the primary a blank slate that shifted with whatever polled better, at least Pete owns his pragmatic centrism.

Not sure we were watching the same campaigns. I’d argue the reverse is more accurate but both Pete and Beto were blank slates in the beginning.  Pete hasn’t exactly planted his flag in pragmatic centrism the entire time either.  

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Not sure we were watching the same campaigns. I’d argue the reverse is more accurate but both Pete and Beto were blank slates in the beginning.  Pete hasn’t exactly planted his flag in pragmatic centrism the entire time either.  

Pete has been a steadfast supporter of neoliberalism, globalism and "reasonably" hawkish foreign policy since day one. He has never strayed from those positions.

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

It also demonstrates that he would be eaten alive by trump in the general.  

For a Dem to win, they need massive turnout by the blacks and I just can't see many souls to the polls for a white homosexual from the sticks.

Has nothing to do with Pete being gay. How many times does that need to be mentioned?

30 minutes ago, F250 said:

Pete has been a steadfast supporter of neoliberalism, globalism and "reasonably" hawkish foreign policy since day one. He has never strayed from those positions.

hugo has been a steadfast supporter of the notion that pete has pretty much done a 180 on every major issue since day one.

7 hours ago, DCA_HORN said:
8 hours ago, Js1 said:
Correct response to anyone saying blacks hate Pete only Bc he likes to smoke some pole 

Who is Christopher Caldago and why should I care?

Don’t care if you want. Or read the article. One can lazily be racist and blame Pete’s struggles with POC as “they hate gays” or recognize that it’s a lame stereotype of black people.

Maybe they just don’t like his policies or lack of experience. 

Edited by Js1

24 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Don’t care if you want. Or read the article. One can lazily be racist and blame Pete’s struggles with POC as “they hate gays” or recognize that it’s a lame stereotype of black people.

Maybe they just don’t like his policies or lack of experience. 

Or they're leery of the way he handled the Darryl Boykins situation.

9 minutes ago, 406W30th said:

Or they're leery of the way he handled the Darryl Boykins situation.

That too. It doesn’t have to be because “they hate gays” which shifts the onus of blame onto the voters who just don’t “get” Pete