Vice President tells NASA to get to the Moon in 5 years.

atomheartbevo

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I don't like the silence about the countdown.

we are not launching. All those people in Florida are heading to Denny's. 

I say hit the button and shoot it off if loaded and ready to go. 

GF just said the NASA bafoon looks like an OU grad, wanna be meteorologist. I guess we need more wine. 

And yeah, the spokeswoman sucks. But Snoopy is cool, 

anyone following the arstechnica comments on today's berger article i posted above...

ken the bin is a connected dude... think CTJ

wickwick is the thujone in that community having coined the meme "wickwick event" which is a total destruction on the pad which takes out the service tower which is the only way to kill the largest pork project in history

1 minute ago, RamjetFDO said:

This guy with the video board is doing a pretty decent job explaining the trajectory in layman's terms without being insulting.

He gets a solid "A" here from me.

Yeah, that's the guy who should be hosting the show, not the social media lady.  He's doing a great job of explaining everything, with cool graphics.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

I’m getting the distinct feeling that this isn’t going tonight.

that's been the distinct feeling for every milestone for the last 8 years

but we are in to "go fever" mode unseen since navy (vanguard) was desperate to beat army (redstone) in '58

the problem for nasa here in november of '22 is that the SRBs on this vehicle have been stacked for 2 years and are already triple-waivered

there is a greater than 1% chance we witness a $4.1 Billion bomb detonate and surpass the soviet N-1 disaster as the largest explosion in the history of rocketry

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, that's the guy who should be hosting the show, not the social media lady.  He's doing a great job of explaining everything, with cool graphics.

Nah, sorry. Get someone who is not reading a green screen unless this is for tomorrow's classroom. And agree, stop the feeder shit. Launch the fucker. 

1 minute ago, Updawg said:

I get the hate for the announcers but they need to get a new generation involved.

We are olds. Sorry.

Daughter (no pics) is studying Aerospace engineering at a school on the east coast. Wallops is a field day for her. 

As a nation we are doing a great job including everyone in science. 

just heard we might go live. 

GO SNOOOOOOOOOPY! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Updawg said:

I get the hate for the announcers but they need to get a new generation involved.

We are olds. Sorry.

Don't get some millennial intern who doesn't seem to understand what's going on, and who seems to be in the job not because she loves spaceflight, but because she applied to a bunch of places when she got her degree in mass communications and social media and panicked when she didn't have a job lined up.

Get Amy Shira Teitel.  @RamjetFDO knows what I'm talking about.  Or Scott Manley.

Bonus trivia for your friends... they ran the RS25s at 109%. On Shuttle, we never ran them nominally at more than 104%.

If there had been a launch abort, throttling up to 109% was the profile, but those engines would not be reflown.

Since, sadly, SLS is just dumping these beautiful engines in the ocean, running them at 109% was the standard plan.

• Hook 'Em 1